• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When will the 2017 points charts be published?

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
2017 Points

Does anyone know when the points chart will come out for 2017?

And when will I start seeing 2017 points for rent on Vacation Point Exchange?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
And when will I start seeing 2017 points for rent on Vacation Point Exchange?

There is at least one person listing 2017 points for rent on VPE now. You can't tell by the listing headers, but if you click on and read the ads, you will find them.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
There is at least one person listing 2017 points for rent on VPE now. You can't tell by the listing headers, but if you click on and read the ads, you will find them.

Fasttr,

When did you buy a Grande Ocean? I recall you were thinking about one, but I missed the actual purchase (or had forgotten it...). What did you end up buying? Belated congrats if it's been awhile, that is a beautiful property!

Best,

Greg

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know when the 2017 points charts will come out?

Thanks

Except for those times when they decide really re-assign the point values, as they did recently - I wish that somewhere on the charts they would list the Week Numbers. We all have access to charts that have the calendar weeks numbered - so I go thru the points charts each time, and write in what numbered weeks they are. Then I can scan across and see - pretty much - what dates it is going to be in the future. I would not BOOK anything until I saw the official ones - but at least we could sketch things in. I think I will give this a look right now. I know I started it - and then got distracted. Makes things easier to find, the more info you have.

Mamianka

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Fasttr,

When did you buy a Grande Ocean? I recall you were thinking about one, but I missed the actual purchase (or had forgotten it...). What did you end up buying? Belated congrats if it's been awhile, that is a beautiful property!

Best,

Greg

Thanks!! We bought it late last year....you may recall THIS thread when I was contemplating it. We got a great deal, we love the resort and are looking forward to making it an annual spring or fall trek for many years to come.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thanks!! We bought it late last year....you may recall THIS thread when I was contemplating it. We got a great deal, we love the resort and are looking forward to making it an annual spring or fall trek for many years to come.

Congrats on the purchase, I'm glad it came together. And I do remember that thread -- Marty really nailed it when the time value of money.

Enjoy your new week! (and are you done shopping ;))

Best,

Greg

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
DC points needed for 2017

does anyone have any idea when the new DC points charts for 2017 will be out?
I like to plan ahead. we will be trying to use DC points for a stay in HI in the winter of 2017.
thanks, jean

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Check out this thread.

[Link deleted after threads merged.]

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
It appears the completion of the 2017 Points Chart is getting closer. At THIS link....it now says it is Under Construction where before, it just said that the page could not be displayed.

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using the Destination points is new for us. Would you go to the classified section in TUG to see who has points to rent? Or am I totally off base and someonw can direct me.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Its like an IT log jam at MVC has broken free.

Not only is the MF page back up again, but also the 2017 Points Chart was just released as well. Its Christmas come early!!!!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Its like an IT log jam at MVC has broken free.

Not only is the MF page back up again, but also the 2017 Points Chart was just released as well. Its Christmas come early!!!!

I like the fancy new font for the location of the resort.

Thanks for posting this!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

BobG7734

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Custom House; St. Kitts; Waiohai(Poipu); Maui
Maybe when they get the online MF system working!:hysterical:

Couldn't get into it!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Maybe it's like Festivus?

It did seem to be a feat of strength to get it posted this year.

Perhaps it was all of the airing of grievances that made it happen!!!