• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ko Olina

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Putting final arrangements together for our first trip to Marriott Ko Olina. We are a group of 9, 2 children 6 &9 and an infant. Could some Tuggers suggest room placement? We have a 2 bedroom (fn) OV and a studio OV 2g. Of course we would like the rooms to be together. Any help would be appreciated.

gds75

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Nai'a tower is closest to the lagoon and one of the pools that many families with kids seem to love: waterfalls, different levels, and a slide. Most of the units are dedicated 2bedroom with only a small percent with lock-off studios. It may be difficult to get the units near each other, but worth a try. Moana tower is at the back of the property, but near the other pool with zero, sand entry-easy for young kids, along with a volleyball net and plenty of swim area. There is also a small play structure near Moana. Kona sits in the middle with easy access to everything.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Unless you are extremely lucky, you will end up in Moana if you ask for units close to each other. Kona is smaller and Naia has very few studios. Naia would be the best choice but your chances on an exchange to get what you need are very small. They should be able to place you in what you want in Moana without much trouble.

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..... Hoping for a good location..... first time using our points.
How should I state my request?

Bill4728

Reaction score
You'll get OV since that's what you reserved. BUT With 9 of you, the only thing I'd ask for is that the units be near each other.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
You'll get OV since that's what you reserved. BUT With 9 of you, the only thing I'd ask for is that the units be near each other.

And I would also ask for a higher floor so you can actually see the ocean.

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back from Ko Olina!! What a great trip. We really got lovely rooms... 8th floor Naia, near elevator wonderful ocean view. The studio was also ocean view on the 8th floor in the same wing down the hall on the end.

Are there different sized studios? It seems like the studio we were in for the first 2 days (before the family arrived) was larger then the studio my son was in at the end of the 8th floor.

Went to presentation and was offered a bundle and also an encore pkg that would have been a garden view. Declined both. They did have a sheet where you could select many different gifts for attending the presentation which I have not seen mentioned here. Is this only available at Ko Olina or is it offered at all presentations now?

I want to thank all of you for helping me through the booking and planning process. Tuggers are GREAT!!!