• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Surf watch HHI

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to Surfwatch in HI in march. I have rented a three bedroom thinking it sleeps 10. Does it only sleep 8?

Last edited by a moderator:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
If you load up a 3BR with max capacity it actually sleeps twelve with a King bed in the master, two queen beds in each of the two other bedrooms, and a pull-out couch in the living room. They say eight for "private" sleeping capacity with two people in each of the three bedrooms plus two on the pull-out couch.

A 2BR is max eight, "private" six.

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. We have 8 going and 2 more would like to come. We are all siblings with some of our kids so a pull out is fine.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
We stayed in the 3 bedroom/3 bath unit at Surfwatch last year. Very nice unit!

Master has a king bed. Bathroom has no tub. It has a huge shower with many shower heads.

The other two bedrooms have 2 queen beds EACH and have their own bathroom with tub/shower combo.

Enjoy your stay!

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
This will be my first visit to hilton head. Been to myrtle beach twice and loved it. Looking forward to hilton head. Really want to do bike rides.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
You have every right to be excited. SW is a great resort, and you can COMFORTABLY sleep 12, because there are 4 Queens, 1 King, and the sleeper sofa. The bedding is extremely comfortable and luxurious, and the 3 bathrooms are great. No worries.

March is a good time----- great for biking in Sea Pines, where the very best and most extensive bike trails are located. It'll wear you out! Lot of trails, and you won't want to miss any of them, all beautiful.

You will want to rent bikes somewhere in Sea Pines because it's a long haul from SW along a major roadway (not actually trails as you will find in SP) and you cannot take bikes into Sea Pines from SW. Enjoy.

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
can you rent bikes at another MVC or is there rentals available on the island? we do plan to bike through sea pines as i have read about this. i hope we have decent weather in march but it will be better then snow and -20!!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
can you rent bikes at another MVC or is there rentals available on the island? we do plan to bike through sea pines as i have read about this. i hope we have decent weather in march but it will be better then snow and -20!!

Both SurfWatch and Barony Beach have bike barns on-property, and if you do a google search for "hilton head bike rental" you should get quite a few hits for places all over the island.

For what it's worth, Don bikes for miles all over the island and hasn't ever had a problem with getting through the Sea Pines gate with bikes rented outside Sea Pines. Sometimes he goes on the beach but he's been let through by the gate guards a number of times, too. Bring the $6 gate fee just in case they charge you.

You can also drive through the gate with your bikes mounted, park in the first lot on the left and then bike-ride throughout. I don't do the miles-along-278 treks that Don does but together we've done this.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Both SurfWatch and Barony Beach have bike barns on-property, and if you do a google search for "hilton head bike rental" you should get quite a few hits for places all over the island.

For what it's worth, Don bikes for miles all over the island and hasn't ever had a problem with getting through the Sea Pines gate with bikes rented outside Sea Pines. Sometimes he goes on the beach but he's been let through by the gate guards a number of times, too. Bring the $6 gate fee just in case they charge you.

You can also drive through the gate with your bikes mounted, park in the first lot on the left and then bike-ride throughout. I don't do the miles-along-278 treks that Don does but together we've done this.

Sue I think that I read in another thread that they charge you additional $ if you are bringing bikes on a car/truck from outside Sea pines. can't be sure tho:ponder:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sue I think that I read in another thread that they charge you additional $ if you are bringing bikes on a car/truck from outside Sea pines. can't be sure tho:ponder:

I'd heard that too but it didn't happen for us. I guess the take-away is be prepared, just in case.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Just reserved my 3bedroom at Aruba Surf Club (sleeps 12). I think for the first time the confirmation says 8 people. I wonder if this a new policy by Marriott to discourage maximum occupancy. My Grande Ocean 2 Bedroom reservation made the same week states 6 person occupancy.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
Be sure to read the great thread about restaurants in Hilton Head-- it's very thorough: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211351&highlight=hilton+head+restaurants

I know I'm looking forward to our trip there and sampling the available cuisine.

My niece is getting married in Hilton Head, so we'll also be there at Surf Watch in mid March-- also in a three bedroom. I'm hoping the weather will be good!