• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Trade-ins, LLC Walnut Shade MO

Betsy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information about this company? A Branson sales person said that this company would take title of our t/s and only costing us $349 for transfer of title. Can this be real?? Thanks for any information and response.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here are the issues:

-What will they DO with your timeshare?
Many of these companies deed the timeshare to a shell company, bankrupt the company, and abandon the deed which causes all kinds of problems for the resort to get it back. That means that the other owners at the resort have to cover your maintenance fee, and the legal costs of recovering the deed.

-How do you know they will actually transfer the deed out of your name?
Some of these companies are scammers and they steal the transfer fee, and then disappear.

Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.

Why?
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are TWO places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT - SO YOU SHOULD POST IN BOTH AREAS. There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay the 2012/2013 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple title transfer with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many Tuggers (including me) have been using Legal Timeshare Transfers, a no frills document preparation company, and they are receiving good reviews on TUG.:

Legal Timeshare Transfers/Ready Legal
Lisa Short and Mary Pless
http://legaltimesharetransfers.com/

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012/13 for the new owner

4) Instead of paying a fee to a rescue company - consider offering a cash incentive to the new owner.

5) Here is the very important step that most people miss: Come back to TUG once a week and add more info. to your thread - this will bump it to the top of the page.

Good luck!

sewingmom112

TUG Member
Reaction score
right-ad3.jpg

Do not do it. We almost fell for that and luckily we did our homework first. With every resort there is always a big resort transfer fee they will not tell you about. My husband and I are were in the same position. There are about 3 other ways you can transfer out of it. We bought a an ebook to get out of all of our timeshares, because we had been through so much. It was a a pure [REDACTED] book (in fact I think that's the name.

The transfer companies are a 90% of the time a complete joke from what we learned. Almost as bad as the online listing companies. We are out of 3 of our 6 so far. We could not give them away before. Not sure of your exact situation, but the book covers everything it seems (75 page pdf.) I think an ex-salesperson wrote it/cross over to our side [ SPAM LINK REDACTED ] is the link for it). Boring as hell, but I highly recommend it for the info. Had a money-back guarantee through paypal which works for me too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
sewingmom112 - Are you affiliated with this book?

Because I know you aren't a mom, and I doubt if you sew...

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not do it. We almost fell for that and luckily we did our homework first. With every resort there is always a big resort transfer fee they will not tell you about. My husband and I are were in the same position. There are about 3 other ways you can transfer out of it. We bought a an ebook to get out of all of our timeshares, because we had been through so much. It was a a pure how to get out of a timeshare' book (in fact I think that's the name.

The transfer companies are a 90% of the time a complete joke from what we learned. Almost as bad as the online listing companies. We are out of 3 of our 6 so far. We could not give them away before. Not sure of your exact situation, but the book covers everything it seems (75 page pdf.) I think an ex-salesperson wrote it/cross over to our side [ SPAM LINK REDACTED ] is the link for it). Boring as hell, but I highly recommend it for the info. Had a money-back guarantee through paypal which works for me too.

$109 for a pdf on how to get out of a timeshare? Seriously? The info is already here on tug for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Someone by the same name has several negative reports on fraud websites in regard to "her" affiliation with "dump your timeshare" companies... :wave:

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brian - I think "Sewing Mom112" would like "her" membership refunded... ;)

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
With every resort there is always a big resort transfer fee they will not tell you about.

I think this statement is a bunch of crap. Yes, there are transfer fees sometimes but I have sold over 25 TS Weeks over the years and don't remember a transfer fee being involved.

George

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any feedback or recent dealings on this actual company Timeshare Trade-ins, LLC from a buyers experience?

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted to follow up and report back on this. I bought a timeshare from them off of eBay. The closing and title transfer took close to 3 months but I ended up getting exactly what they represented. Purchase price was $12k so was a bit nervous as it wasn't pocket change but they were very responsive via phone and email throughout the whole process. I dealt with Spence who was one of the owners and Melissa who handled the closing. Not sure how they are to deal with if you are selling them a timeshare but as a buyer I am happy.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ouch...someone paid a company to liquidate a timeshare worth 12k on the resale market?

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
ouch...someone paid a company to liquidate a timeshare worth 12k on the resale market?

I actually talked to the owner Spence quite a bit over the phone. Most of the timeshares he gets are from owners around the Lake Ozark area who want to trade (upgrade or in my case based on what I got the owners definitely downgraded;) into one of them. It seems there's a bunch of timeshares in the Ozarks.

AriMorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually talked to the owner Spence quite a bit over the phone. Most of the timeshares he gets are from owners around the Lake Ozark area who want to trade (upgrade or in my case based on what I got the owners definitely downgraded;) into one of them. It seems there's a bunch of timeshares in the Ozarks.

What Resort do you know have?