• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great movie for 11 year old boys?

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having an almost sleepover party this weekend for my eleven year old twins, and plan to show a movie. Any suggestions for a good one? Must be PG, no cartoons. Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are any of the "Nerds" movies PG? Eleven year olds usually like the corny stuff!

irishween

TUG Member
Reaction score
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Rated PG, my 11 year old son just finished watching it. Synopsis - Fantasy adventure where teenager Percy discovers he's actually a demigod, the son of Poseidon, and he must master his newfound skills and find Zeus' stolen lightning in order to prevent a war between the Greek gods.

Last edited:

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Netflix lets you sort by rating. This is the best I could find in Comedy--PG.

Beetlejuice (might be a winner!)
Silver Streak
Three Amigos
Uncle Buck
Teen Wolf
Grand Theft Auto (Ron Howard's first as a director)

Good luck!

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are any of the "Nerds" movies PG? Eleven year olds usually like the corny stuff!

Eek, not the first one! It's extremely naughty. Remember the line, "Jocks think about sports all day. What do you think WE think about?"

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, Star Wars, the recent-ish Star Trek movie, Young Sherlock Holmes, Back to the Future, Holes, Home Alone. Oh, Ghostbusters! I love Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but the ending is pretty disturbing.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Possibilities:

Perhaps Angels in the Outfield, Angels in the Endzone, etc? There are other sports/angel movies of that genre.....Field of Dreams? Not sure of the ratings, but I think they're clean.

What was the first Will Smith / Jaden Smith one? Not the Karate Kid, but the first one they did?

Not recommended:

"About a Boy" - if you run into it and the blurb says something about an 11 or 12 year old boy you might be interested, but don't, it's odd and depressing.

mayson12

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of my kids' favorites:

Older movies: Goonies, original Karate Kid, Black Stallion, My Bodyguard, Star Wars (original), Willow, Jumanji, Spy Kids, Mrs. Doubtfire, Rookie of the Year, Raiders of the Lost Ark,

Recent films: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Night at the Museum (1st or 2nd), School of Rock, Waterhorse, Stardust

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
"The Princess Bride"

I remember watching our friend's boys for a day when they were about 9 and 12, and I suggested that movie. At first, they thought it would be lame (given the title), but they absolutely loved it. It is a timeless classic, IMO.

Inconceivable! :D

Kurt

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandlot
Old Yeller
Batman The Movie (1966) (rated PG) I rented this so many times before I finally got smart and purchased it.

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool Runnings

My son started watching this around that age and has watched it so many times he knows the entire dialogue by heart. It is a comedy based on the true story of the First Jamaican bobsled team trying to make it to the winter olympics.

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is pretty good.

"Stand By Me" might be a good one. I don't recall anything too adult in it. It does share the comradery of young boys. Might want to check the rating though.
Also "Sandlot" is a good one!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also chime in for Sandlot.
I have a friend who did not have a TV when her kids little. (They are grown now.) Remember telling her how her boys would have enjoyed this movie. There is lots of good stuff on TV, as well as the crap. I thought it would have been better for her to teach them to screen for quality rather than ban it entirely.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Rated PG, my 11 year old son just finished watching it. Synopsis - Fantasy adventure where teenager Percy discovers he's actually a demigod, the son of Poseidon, and he must master his newfound skills and find Zeus' stolen lightning in order to prevent a war between the Greek gods.

My 11 year old grandson loved it.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Secondhand Lions:

Robert Duval and Michael Caine stars

"Secondhand Lions" follows the comedic adventures of an introverted boy left on the doorstep of a pair of reluctant, eccentric great-uncles, whose exotic remembrances stir the boy's spirit and re-ignite the men's lives.

Great Movie, Good Message........

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about Eragon? My kiddos recently watched Goonies with me. They (12 and 16 yrs. old) actually sat through the movie. My son is also a big fan of the Star Wars dvds as well as Harry Potter. Other titles The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Gremlins, Beetlejuice.

Pens_Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miracle - the movie about the 1980 Olympic hockey team

I'd also recommend Slapshot, although not for 11 year olds.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Stand By Me" might be a good one. I don't recall anything too adult in it. It does share the comradery of young boys. Might want to check the rating though.

No--remember why they're walking by the railroad tracks? It's too mature for a group of 11yos. And it's not party-fun material. The boys in it are about that age, but the subject matter is very grown up.

I've got a good one, though! How about Men in Black?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Stand by me--no!!

My 10 yr old came home from a sleepover and told me he had seen this and at the end of the movie the Dad said "guess this wasn't really appropriate for 8-10 yr olds." I was not happy that my son had seen it.

Lord of the Rings--Fellowship is first in the series. DS loved it--it's long--3 hrs.

Texasbelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Will Smith and son movie was Pursuit of Happyness [sic]. Do not know the rating. The Neverending Story is one my husband would have loved to have seen when he was a child. Still enjoyed it as adults. We also loved Secondhand Lions.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reign of Fire - a modern day dragon story where London is their headquarters. My nephews have seen it 20+ times. No sex, no drugs, no half-dressed women ... woman are equal. Dragons lose.

My sister's 3 boys love the movie. Her SIL refuses to let her daughters (same general ages) watch it.

I liked Secondhand Lions also, but nephews watched it only once.

Last edited: