• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

City of Boston's Breakup Letter to Snow/Boston Globe

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Snow,
I could say “it’s not you, it’s me,” but that would be the biggest lie I’ve told since I promised the British they wouldn’t get shot at if they showed up by sea. It is you. It’s 100 percent you.

But it wasn’t always you. Things started off so well between us; you were so novel, so beautiful, so calming and clean when we met. Remember how exciting it was when I shut down for the first time, and we skipped school and work, and frolicked through my streets together? The way you made me feel so pretty, so refreshed, and seasonal?

I’ll never forget those wonderful first days. But that was the early stage of the relationship; now you’re dirty all the time, you never clean up after yourself, and you’ve grown even colder.

At this point, I’m just feeling...well, smothered. You won’t leave me alone. I tell you I need space and you just keep showing up. How do you not see that by always hanging around, you’re making me turn inward? I don’t even leave the house anymore because I know you’ll be waiting outside my door..

Even if you were to back off immediately, we’d still be totally over. I’m literally up to my neck in dealing with the mess you made. Because of you, I may need to borrow equipment from New York City.

Do you know how embarrassing that is? Those guys already think of me as their inadequate little sister, and now I have to go to them with my gold-domed hat in hand and ask for help?

It’s like you’ve turned into this unstoppable monster. I don’t even know you anymore. You’ve also ruined a lot of my stuff; I can’t find like five-thousand of my cars, my bikes are all buried for the foreseeable future, and you’ve killed every single plant I had.

Also, now is probably a good time to tell you I’ve met someone. His name is Spring, and while it’s long distance right now, he’ll be moving in hopefully sometime around March or April.

Maybe next winter we can be friends again. But until then, please lose my address.

Yours unfondly,
Boston

Charlotte Wilder can be reached at charlotte.wilder@globe.com. Follow her on Twitter: @TheWilderThings.

Last edited:

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love this!! Thanks for sharing!
Hope all that snow melts soon & you have a glorious spring.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your love story. I loved it.

Last edited:

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
+3 (or wherever we are now).

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
Terrific! :whoopie:

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I work in Boston's Financial a District, 2 blocks from Custom House. My job is not essential but my boss saw fit to open our office today. We are small satellite of an operation headquartered in NYC. The area was a ghost town. Faneuil Hall/ Quincy Market- CLOSED! Starbucks CLOSED! Al's Sandwich Sh CLOSED! Even Dunks was open only a few hours. In addition, there was NO PUBLIC TRANSIT!
T is scheduled to be operational tomorrow but on a modified schedule. Oh boy, sounds like fun- NOT,!!

persia

Reaction score
Well the snow gave us packing time, I'm happy for that, but the piles of snow are higher than I am tall. I usually drive to work in South Boston, but the office has been closed more often than open lately.

15 April and we're on the plane to Sydney. I just bought the tickets and never have been happier to buy one way tickets...

bagpipers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just open your freezer door, stick your head in there, and hold a piece of white paper over your eyes. That sums up Boston right now :rofl: