• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston Vacation - What activities should we do?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased the 5 day go card. We used for hop on hop off, Charles river cruise, Boston tall ship, U.S.S. Constitution, acquarium, revere house, fenuil hall, old state house, gray line tour to Maine. Fenway park tour.

On our own we did the Boston tea party reinactment, cheers, Lego discovery center, and 90% of freedom trail.

Restaurants we recommend include reginas pizza, giacamos, modern pastry in north end, the union oyster house downtown,

Pubs the black rose and green dragon.

We did this with 2 kids 11 and 8.

Kids under 12 are free on the T. You can purchase a Charlie card for 7 days unlimited use for adults $19 per.

Wow! I'm tired after just reading this summary. :D

Sunshine10

TUG Member
Reaction score
jtmounce,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Go Boston Card, and recommendations for things to do, places to eat, and how to get around! much appreciated.

Bee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Restaurant/Pub The Bell in Hand is old like the Green Dragon. It's been around since the 1600's. It has great sandwiches and burgers. Get a table near the open windows. I really liked this place.

There's a good cheap sub type of sandwich shop near the Custom House on State St., that makes huge tasty sandwiches - probably the best inexpensive food we had in Boston. Ate the second half of our sandwiches on the plane home. It was really the size of a full sandwich.

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Eat your way through the North End (Little Italy). Get famous pizza at Regina's, if your kids aren't up for a sit-down Italian dinner. Hit the bakeries and load up on some of the best pastries.

Also, Boston has one of the best Duck rides. We take the ducks wherever we go and Boston had one of the most interesting rides.

They also have a real Chinatown which you might find worthwhile.

Boston is really compact and you can walk almost everywhere if you're fairly young and in good shape. I'm not that young but would have no trouble walking from the North End to Chinatown at the South End. It is, I believe, about two miles with a lot to see and stop for along the way.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We bought four of the 3 Day GoBoston cards for the two of us while we were in Boston for a week this past June. This gave us the ability to actually book two premium tours. We went to Cape Code and also did the whale watch. Cape Code was okay, but we would have rather just done the whale watch twice.

We did get our moneys worth out of the GoBoston cards and I went to many things I wouldn't have otherwise seen. I did walk the entire Freedom Trail on one of the days, DW stayed behind at the room as it was too much walking for her.

The duck tour busses are thick in Boston. We did the hop on hop off trolley tours and we would see at least 10 duck tour busses roll by before our trolley would make a stop. So it seems that the duck tours are very popular. We didn't do one. I would also skip the New England Aquarium. Not much to see there, I thought our little one in Newport Kentucky was lame, but it has the one in Boston beat by a mile. They do run a great whale watch though that we thoroughly enjoyed enough that we would have gone twice.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Al's State Street Cafe

Let me tell u about the hop on hop off bus experience I had in new York. I have a bad back, witch hopefully was fixed with surgery last week. First if you buy the total package upgrade, the bus and boat stops are not even by each other, must walk blocks. On our north trip around central park we had to get off one bus to another stating that's as far as they go. So we did. Have to mention the buses on this route only have second level seating.

We transferred to another bus, and about three minutes later it started to rain, one of those short showers. The guide started yelling down to the driver to pull over, and did at which time the guide started to scream off the bus everyone off. A
L got off and we asked what we were to do. His response was " I don't care go to the next stop or find your way back, take a cab. We were at about 65th St and the next stop was at 110th. Buy a bus pass once you figure out the system, u decide where to get off and on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Restaurant/Pub The Bell in Hand is old like the Green Dragon. It's been around since the 1600's. It has great sandwiches and burgers. Get a table near the open windows. I really liked this place.

There's a good cheap sub type of sandwich shop near the Custom House on State St., that makes huge tasty sandwiches - probably the best inexpensive food we had in Boston. Ate the second half of our sandwiches on the plane home. It was really the size of a full sandwich.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Even though it was raining cats and dogs, we really enjoyed our walking tour with author Ben Edwards. We love historical sites, though.

Sunshine10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone for your helpful suggestions. We had our trip to Boston last week. We were there for 5 nights. We loved the city, it was easy to get around (walking, including Boston Custom, and the Public Gardens, taking public transit, or the hop on hop off bus). It had something for everyone! We purchased the 3 day Go Boston Card from Costco Canada. We did not do as many activities as I would have liked, but it was definitely worthwhile. We all enjoyed the Duck Tour! We found the aquarium was good, but not great (for us, we are comparing it to Toronto's Ripley's Aquarium). However, we loved the Penguin exhibit. Some of us did the Tall Ships, and the Mary Baker Eddy Library. We also toured Harvard Museum of Natural History and the the Peabody Museum of Archaeology, the Sky walk Observatory, and the 2 day hop on-hop off bus (we activated the Hop on-hop off on our 3 day, and were able to use it the fourth day, even though our Go Boston card expired after 3 days). Thanks again everyone for your advice!