• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It's Good to be Back on TUG

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
As some of you may remember I lost my DH Nov. 30th. Since then things have been very hectic so I haven't been on TUG. After DH's death, the lease expired on the condo we were renting in Florida on March 1st and a rate hike would have gone into effect if I renewed the lease.

I made a very hard choice to not renew the lease and start a new life after 40 years on my own. I have relocated to Las Vegas, NV. It puts me closer to family and friends which for me is special since the distance from Florida to them prevented seeing them as often as we all would have liked. I am adjusting slowly to life on my own, but knowing that I am closer to friends and family helps a lot.

Now that the move is done and the huge amount of things that needed to be handled for a cross country move seem to be going in the right direction, I am looking forward to being back on TUG.

Suzanne

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. Know that you are among friends here.

Jim

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Welcome back

Sorry to hear about the loss of your lifepartner. I hope you enjoy looking over the posts from the last few months to see if there is one that spurs your interest. Perhaps a timeshare you have never been to before...at a time you never traveled on.

I know it is hard to make a new life...but also there are surprises that will make life worth living again if we are open to seeing them. Please keep on posting and letting us know how you are getting along.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Hi Suzanne,

Welcome back. Please accept my condolences on your loss.

As you transition to this new life phase, as Jim said, remember you are among friends here at Tug.

Richard

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, Suzanne!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Suzanne and may I express my condolences on your loss.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss, Welcome back. We are women, we are strong!

Speaking of,welcome back, does anyone know what is up with P J Rose? She hasn't posted for ages and did not respond to pm I sent.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Suzanne. I feel for you. Take it a day at a time. Enjoy all that you can.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Suzanne,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your DH and I'm in awe of your courage and your gusto in moving to Las Vegas, NV.

I'm about 12 years from retirement, hubby is 7 years away and hopefully I can stay employed till I reach that age. Our goal is to move to a warm climate, and we have narrowed it down to GA, AZ, FL and LV. We are going to be visiting those states again multiple times over the next 12 years and narrow our choices.

We have 3 kids and they have all stated they do not want to stay in Midwest, so as the time nears, we will have to figure out where they are and choose what we are doing.

I keep explaining to my hubby that just because they move to one state prior to our retirement does not mean they will stay in that state forever.

I'm so glad your back, this place has become a home away from home for me....

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Welcome back.

Sometimes I think we take for granted...all the wonderful things in our lives. I am truly trying to comprehend this in the here and now--and not later. Reading your posts, and the posts of others here, has really spurred me to start treating today as the '..first day of the rest of my life..' and appreciate the friends, family and riches (health being foremost) that we have.

Please know that your story has touched our family and made us try harder to appreciate what we have. I hope that knowledge gives you some comfort, some strength and can brighten your day a little.

Thanks for sharing and happy posting!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Welcome to Las Vegas!

I sent you a private message.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Suzanne . Lots of changes in your life , keep looking for the positive in each day.:)

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
So sorry for your loss, Welcome back. We are women, we are strong!

Speaking of,welcome back, does anyone know what is up with P J Rose? She hasn't posted for ages and did not respond to pm I sent.

I emailed with her several weeks ago as I noticed she hasn't been around lately. She said she is well, but just busy with other aspects of her life.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
welcome back =)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi Suzanne. Nice seeing you back among your Tug friends. I wish you all the best in your new place. Seems more and more Tuggers are moving to Las Vegas. (Not me yet, but one day? ;) Maybe it's time for a LV get together!

Dave

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Hi Suzanne. Nice seeing you back among your Tug friends. I wish you all the best in your new place. Seems more and more Tuggers are moving to Las Vegas. (Not me yet, but one day? ;) Maybe it's time for a LV get together!

Dave

We would love a LV get together. Las Vegas is a short flight outta Denver. I see lots of availability for Vegas in II and RCI!

Sorry for your loss, Suzanne. I cannot even express into words how sorry I am that you lost the love of your life. It's something I hope to never endure.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Las Vegas. We are planning to take up legal residence in Henderson at the end of this year, with plans to get out of the heat for 4 to 5 months each year during summer.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. I'm glad you have a plan for your new life. So deeply sorry for your loss.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for all your warm thoughts and wishes as I start this new life. It is very hard being on your own after 40 years of being with someone else. But as I am finding out I am a lot stronger than I thought I was. Its a wonderful feeling to know that my TUG family has always been here for me thru thick and thin and for that I am truly grateful.

Suzanne

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Suzanne! I applaud your courage and strength during this new phase of your life. Please accept our deepest sympathy for the loss of your DH. As someone mentioned take it a day at a time....one step at a time ....and you will be discover how strong you really have become. Take care.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Welcome back!

Welcome back! So sorry for your loss! Best wishes as you move forward.

Glynda

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Welcome back. So sorry for your loss. Hugs.