• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Still waiting November 7 to November 16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting on a (2) bedroom (2) bathroom for any of the DVC Resorts in Orlando,fl
I have (85) TPU RCI Week Points in my exchange request

What would you do if you were me?

Should I give up?

do you think that "bulk Deposit" is done for these dates
and my only hope of success is a cancellation

IF I sound desperate I am.

thank you in advance for your help

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
When did you put in your ongoing search?
Have you checked RCI to make sure your ongoing search is entered correctly?

This is "New Jersey Week" and is a popular time to visit Orlando.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i started my ongoing search November 1,2013!

Has anyone else reported getting this week - you certainly had more then enough TPUs

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked availability as an owner. There is little availability that week. Found a studio at Saratoga. You may be too late. We had a difficult time getting in for August when we made a reservation in May. It is my understanding that as the economy is doing well, DVC is being used more by members and fewer weeks are being sent to RCI.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
According to my theory that I posted here: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212497 the window of opportunity may have passed. However, I'm with HGVC, so I don't know how RCI TPU's would impact the success rate for the search.

The maximum number of TPUs is 60 so using a deposit totally over 60 would guarantee you have enough to get any unit deposited depending on your position in the request line. Someone who had enough TPUs for the exchange and made the request October 31, 2013 would get the exchange before OP.

jmpellet

TUG Member
Reaction score
The bulk deposit for my week (11/2) happened about April 20 and many others reported late-October and early-November matches that same day/week. I think the bulk has passed but it seems like stragglers are happening all the time. If you can make a reservation that you can cancel last minute then I would wait it out. Otherwise, I would move on. My week required 40 for a 2 bed and my search was from June 2013.

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above. You have most likely missed your window, and the popularity of that time period will keep inventory low. You *might* get lucky with a random deposit trickling in, but I think 1-bedrooms would be more likely.

We had an OGS started in mid-January 2013 for a 2-BR at any DVC resort within a three-week period from mid-October to early-November. We matched in late April for 10/31, which was the Friday of the final weekend in our search. Since that time, sightings for the weeks immediately after our week have been few and far between.

(Our TPU on the exchange was 40, BTW)

-Rob

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Veterens Weekend combined with Jersey Week makes this one on the hardest weeks to get a disney trip. It is hard for DVC members to get after the 7 monthe window. It doesn't look good!

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
I matched several times to Nov. 15 and Nov. 16 2 bedroom units. TPUs 43