• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AKV through RCI June 2015

njmacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
How likely is it that being on an RCI waitlist (through HGVC) that I will get 4-7 days next June 2015? Any tricks to get this? Thanks.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
How likely is it that being on an RCI waitlist (through HGVC) that I will get 4-7 days next June 2015? Any tricks to get this? Thanks.

I think your chances are good, depending on when you started your on going search. You won't hear about the June deposit until around Novemberish.

Just remember with DVC, the sooner you can get your OGS the better.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that your chances are good if you place your OGS early.

First of all, AKV is a pretty large resort with lots of owners, so the odds of someone exchanging out are good.

Secondly, although you would think June is a busy time (and you'd be right), once a DVC owner exchanges out, you are not competing with DVC owners for that villa -- only others trying to exchange.

We had a perfect example of that last December. December is impossibly busy, but we were able to get an OKW 2-bedroom from Dec 14-21. And we got it about 5 months out, which would be absolutely impossible for a DVC owner trying to use their points.

If you put your OGS in early, I would put only the type of accommodation you want, and only the resort you want. Don't list all of the DVC resorts because you'll just get SSR or OKW. List what you want and hold out for it...you can always broaden your search parameters later if you want.

I'm not sure if you can do an ongoing search for less than a week -- hopefully someone else can answer that one for you.

chrisdu

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a perfect example of that last December. December is impossibly busy, but we were able to get an OKW 2-bedroom from Dec 14-21. And we got it about 5 months out, which would be absolutely impossible for a DVC owner trying to use their points.

Jim, I agree with most of the things you said, but your example may not be a good one. In the past I had been able to book December stays in OKW or SSR using my points at 5 months out or even less. In fact I had a quick look of the current availability - there are still quite good availability for December in OKW and SSR, so it might be difficult but not absolutely impossible.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I'm not sure if you can do an ongoing search for less than a week -- hopefully someone else can answer that one for you.

For RCI trades at any resort, you can only request ongoing searches for RCI weeks, not RCI points.

I recently traded from HGVC to Animal Kingdom Lodge. See my post for some suggestions and the likely timeframe for a match.
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212497

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim, I agree with most of the things you said, but your example may not be a good one. In the past I had been able to book December stays in OKW or SSR using my points at 5 months out or even less. In fact I had a quick look of the current availability - there are still quite good availability for December in OKW and SSR, so it might be difficult but not absolutely impossible.
Wow, I'm amazed! I haven't stayed at WDW on points in December for a few years, but when we did it was necessary to book well before the 7-month window opened -- and we were only booking 1-2 bedrooms.

We were very pleased with our exchange for two reasons. One was we got what I thought was a very difficult reservation. The second is that with my low-MF Wyndham points, exchanging into DVC is always a good value. In fact, the Wyndham/RCI/DVC exchange actually cost us about half what we would have paid using DVC points, even including all the exchange fees from both RCI and DVC.

And -- icing on the cake -- because of a change in our exchange points grid, Wyndham and Worldmark exchange points costs just went down further recently. [ETA: reductions approaching 50% for studios; 1 BRs down 12-19%; 2 BRs 8.5%-29%; 3 BRs 2.5%-30% -- with the variations within each category obviously due to season.]

Last edited:

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
does the worldmark credits for rci exchange also go down like wyndham points?

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
does the worldmark credits for rci exchange also go down like wyndham points?
Yes Worldmark also. The new exchange values should be posted on your owner website.

The deal is apparently even better for that handful of properties (a few Wyndham, don't know about Worldmark) that exchange via II. They can deposit a minimal quiet season studio deposit and book anything that shows up as available. Almost like the old 28K goldmine!

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
How early do most successful traders set up ongoing search?

For June 2015, how early do you set up a search?

Do you need to have sufficient TPUs deposited at time of search?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
For June 2015, how early do you set up a search?

Do you need to have sufficient TPUs deposited at time of search?

The earlier the better. I just started a search for July 2016. Yes, you need to have enough TPUs when you start the search (so I started with 66).