• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC worth it over say, Bonnet Creek

JenMuse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Seaworld EOEY
I just threw back several studio units thru my OGS this week and last.

Settled on a 1 bedroom at OKW for mid-Jan 2015. Wanted Beach Club, but kept getting only studios there.

Frustratingly, 3 days after I confirmed OKW, a 1 bedroom at BLT popped up. It was for the week after my search date, but it was very tempting to try to change. I let it go though.

Thinking of buying APs for me and the kid(s) and going a week earlier in Jan 2016. Much will depend on $$ and if I end up with 1 or two kids thru this crazy adoption process. And if they even like all things Disney...

squierjosh

Reaction score
Well, I was able to book a 1BR at Saratoga Springs for the week we wanted in January. Looks nice, and the reviews on RCI are all pretty amazing. Time to start planning activities!

NO it doesn't!

Requesting a DVC one-bedroom via RCI greatly improves your chances.

Studios almost never show up as exchange inventory; one bedrooms are the most commonly-available size unit.

amyhwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ko Olina
Thanks for all the input. We will mostly likely only be going to theme parks 3-4 days, so the parking isn't a complete money dump. So that means the other 3-4 days we'll be in the resort, which means we need things to do, and the DVC resorts just don't seem to have much.

And for more info, I'm planning on going through RCI with my points - bad idea? I don't see the point in paying cash for something when I have all these points I'm already paying for. :)

I've stayed many (many) times at Disney resorts (and several close by, not BC but several Marriotts) but have to say that in our opinion, there was always something fun to do when we've stayed at the Boardwalk Villas (we've rented from owners a few times and booked through Disney at a huge discount a few times too).

Our family's first trip when the kids were 2 and 4 was at the Boardwalk Villas (we had been as a couple and had taken our oldest a year before at GF but this was our first trip as a whole family). To us, the convenience of walking to Epcot was the nicest thing! We always seem to end up there.

I don't mind staying off Disney for long trips (our last one off site was 15 nights) but for a week we find staying at Disney was really great (last one was spring break 2014). Also, we found the new magic bands to be pretty great! New fast pass system sucks though. Hope it improves! We were always on our iPhone app changing things around!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked on Saturday 13 days (2 RCI exchanges) into Boardwalk Villas for the last 2 weeks in January. My sister - who has done the 2 of my DVC trips with me - called to chat last night and she brought up WDW.

I surprised her with the news - her "desired" resort as for location had been booked. She was thrilled and immediately started "mentally rearranging" her month of January, 2015. Then, I reminded her she needed to get her AP (I had renewed mine, but she had NOT.) And then, I mentioned the Nov 1 7 nights booked at Bonnet Creek (2/2) ... We had done "Jersey Week" last November - we grew up in Jersey and said it was like being "home" with all the attitudes and tee shirts. We stayed at AKV and 6 months before, we had stayed at VWL. But she wanted to do the 1/2 Marathon but tried to booked late for the run.

It is interesting, the sister who had lived in Florida for 17 years - did 3 days trips to WDW total in all those years - now retired (retired at 55) - has become a Disney regular. Maybe, I should get her to pay half for the condos. :rolleyes:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I just threw back several studio units thru my OGS this week and last.

Interesting that you got several studios.
They used to be rare. For what dates did you catch those studios?:confused:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
It is interesting, the sister who had lived in Florida for 17 years - did 3 days trips to WDW total in all those years - now retired (retired at 55) - has become a Disney regular. Maybe, I should get her to pay half for the condos. :rolleyes:

Nah, that's what siblings are for, to come along and say "so where are we going to next?" :D
My brother hasn't once paid a dime, of course I haven't asked him either. :eek:

He does usually do all the grilling though, so it all works out. :clap:
The price I pay for being the big sister and wanting to spend time with him and his family.

JenMuse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Seaworld EOEY
Jan 17-24th...ended up taking a 1BR Jan 18-25th.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an RCI request in at some disney resorts for winter 2015/16. Just waiting for something to come up in the ogs.

We will stay a week in a 4 bedroom Presidential at Bonnet Creek and then a week at a Disney resort as a smaller group. Our sons will be right around 3 years so they should enjoy it more there.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I have an RCI request in at some disney resorts for winter 2015/16. Just waiting for something to come up in the ogs.

We will stay a week in a 4 bedroom Presidential at Bonnet Creek and then a week at a Disney resort as a smaller group. Our sons will be right around 3 years so they should enjoy it more there.

Do you own at Bonnet Creek or how did you get a four bedroom? I would love to get a 3 bedroom through RCI.... But I never see any open up I have an ongoing search going for in June.... Dave :banana:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Wyndham points and do rentals a few rentals Bonnet Creek. As long as I can rent my back up week at BC that should cover my Disney stay.