• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A possible second timeshare

Benz_one

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First, I just wanted to thank everyone here for the great information that they have posted over the years.

After learning a lot here, I purchased a resale timeshare on eBay for nearly nothing. I got a 76,500 point Cliffs at Peace Canyon interval in 2012 that I have already used to take some great vacations with my limited time off.

I was thinking of adding a small biennial or triennial to add a little bit more to the points pot. I'd like to do this so that I could possibly get larger rooms for more family where I go or get more weeks to spend with friends and family.

I was thinking of buying a weeks timeshare that I can PFD. I'd like very low maintenance fees with a good yield on PFD. I am thinking biennial, to save on fees. I also thought having something with dual affiliation may help, as DVC may go back to II again. My only restriction is that I do not want Orlando...to allow for those DVC exchanges.

Here are my thoughts. I was thinking of a Branson 1 br biennial like Palace View being a good addition. A lot of these on eBay include the $750 prepay to Spinnaker so maintenance fees are covered for several years at less than $350 every other year. I can get one of these for less than $300 closing included.

Another thought I had was going a little more upscale. Possibly SDO. Still fits the II / RCI requirement, but fees are much higher. There are free ones in the Tug Marketplace.

What do y'all think?

Anything else out these that I should look out for? :shrug:

Thanks for any guidance on this!

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
There are some Grandview points contracts with excellent points to MF ratios

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grandview-a...Timeshares&hash=item43c838493b#ht_5075wt_1105

thats exactly what we did for our second timeshare.... Grandview..... and we use ALL our points for trading into other locations..... I have noticed though that it seems that you can pay ALL KINDS of different amounts for points with the Grandview so you have to really watch we got 61000 points and pay around 350.00 a year for them.... Dave
:whoopie:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the OP already has a Las Vegas Points property, allow me to suggest perhaps somewhere else s/he may want to use from time-to-time, and within driving distance. Branson is a possibility. Lake Conroy or Gulf Coast is another. Perhaps Santa Fe NM. All good choices from there. Also look at VRI managed properties. www.vriresorts.com That gives you a 'Home Group' on RCI of 70+ resorts, the ability to use VRI*ety exchange, and you can deposit them into PFD (though I can't see why you would).

Ahhh, mission creep. Ain't it wonderful?

Jim

redsoxmanny

Reaction score
2nd Timeshare

Hello everyone,

This is my 1st time on here, wish I had done some more research on TS before I had purchased from developer for a ton more than what I could've have gotten for resale. Anyway, since I had already purchased and I am pass the time frame to cancel I am trying to make the best of it. Possibly trading in my week at HR for (2) 6 day shortstays thru II but really interested in getting a 2nd resale for cheap and possibly using that for usage and trade(lockoff). Any suggestions, as due to 1 company screwing me over and myself falling for the nonsense lies I am still optimistic about owning and traveling more than just 1 week I get per year.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First, I just wanted to thank everyone here for the great information that they have posted over the years.

After learning a lot here, I purchased a resale timeshare on eBay for nearly nothing. I got a 76,500 point Cliffs at Peace Canyon interval in 2012 that I have already used to take some great vacations with my limited time off.

I was thinking of adding a small biennial or triennial to add a little bit more to the points pot. I'd like to do this so that I could possibly get larger rooms for more family where I go or get more weeks to spend with friends and family.

I was thinking of buying a weeks timeshare that I can PFD. I'd like very low maintenance fees with a good yield on PFD. I am thinking biennial, to save on fees. I also thought having something with dual affiliation may help, as DVC may go back to II again. My only restriction is that I do not want Orlando...to allow for those DVC exchanges.

Here are my thoughts. I was thinking of a Branson 1 br biennial like Palace View being a good addition. A lot of these on eBay include the $750 prepay to Spinnaker so maintenance fees are covered for several years at less than $350 every other year. I can get one of these for less than $300 closing included.

Another thought I had was going a little more upscale. Possibly SDO. Still fits the II / RCI requirement, but fees are much higher. There are free ones in the Tug Marketplace.

What do y'all think?

Anything else out these that I should look out for? :shrug:

Thanks for any guidance on this!

If you are buying at the Palace View at Spinnaker, look for a 2 or 3 bedroom lockout summer week. Request that they deposit a summer week. There had been some instances that the management group will deposit not the week you request. Some you can find the maintenance fees prepaid. They will yield the most number of points of you are using them for RCI points. They also do okay when you deposit them as weeks (TPU). I have noticed that the TPUs in RCI has been fluctuating alot when it comes to any Orlando resort including Disney Vacation Club. When they first went through RCI, TPUs were 25, now they are in the higher 40's to 50's.

The other option for Palace View Lockouts is that you can use them in Interval International and use them as inexpensive trades to the Marriotts and Sheratons. It depend on when you go. Don't expect to get New Years in Orlando (It can be done - 90 days out) to a Marriott or Sheraton. I got one a month out (already planning to go) and got Marriott at Cypress Harbour - 2 bedroom - New Year's Week - using a Palace View Lockout (1 side).

Benz_one

Reaction score
Update on my second timeshare

Hi everyone,

I need a little help.

Well, as I mentioned earlier in this thread that I wanted a second timeshare to supplement the 76,500 points that I get from my Cliffs at Peace Canyon interval.

With that in mind, I found a great deal on a Spinnaker property in Branson called French Quarter.

I purchased a biennial 1 bedroom. The seller paid the prepayment that Spinnaker requires. as well as closing costs.

After I got all the paperwork in line (it takes a while, as we all know), I called RCI to get the weeks account I created associated with my existing points account.

They said that they can do that, however, they told me that since French Quarter offers points and regular weeks, I cannot do points for deposit.

I only take one week of vacation per year and I wanted to combine the trading power of both timeshares to get me better places.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can leverage both of these intervals to get one good week?

I thought I was making a good purchase, but now I question that.

Any help or suggestions anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!

carmena79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hawaiian Princess Hawaiian Sun Holidays Vacations Internationale
I recently bought a vri timeshare primarily for exchanging and am curious about what passepartout said about the RCI home group. I belong to RCI and II and deposited my 2014 with II and am waiting for my request but I still have my 2015 week that I can deposit as soon as I pay the mf. Would I get more bang for my buck with RCI?