• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - Wyndham Santa Barbara, Week 51, Studio, converted points(126K), Usage 2015

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Santa Barbara, holiday week (week 51) .. but it has been converted to Wyndham points. 126,000 points. All available points or usage still available for 2015. MFs start for 2015 (Fixed Weeks are paid in advance).

2014 MFs 781.79 plus CWP fee of $66.68 = $848.47. Saturday check in day. Unit 408.

FREE -- new owner pays transfer fee ($299) and closing costs (about $125 via LTT).

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How much are the MF's?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Added more unit info along with MFs for 2014 into my first post.

Please note, you can always CANCEL your reservation if you find a better or more desired vacation during the entire Use Year. So you can reserve the underlying week, decide to do an Orlando vacation or Williamsburg AND cancel this late in the year week using the points for the "better" family vacation.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wyndham Santa Barbara Resort on Ocean Drive (and almost across the street from the sister resort, Wyndham Royal Vista which is on the beach) was totally remodeled just a few years ago.

The Studio unit here is almost a 1bedroom unit - Balcony. The full kitchen (same size as the 1bdr and 2 bdr units in this resort) has full size appliances, ice maker, full 30inch stove & oven, dishwasher and lots of counter space. The living room has a sofa bed and coffee table. The bathroom is exactly like all the other baths in the resort (walk in shower) plus there is the same jetted tub as in the other units. The bed is a QUEEN size. If there was a wall between the bed area and the living area, it would be a regular 1 bedroom deluxe unit.

Perfect for a single or couple - I just am downsizing some Wyndham units as my extended family (siblings) are moving/moved further west (in the Rocky Mountain states) ... hence, my vacationing stays are also moving West.

MSchleicher

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long have you owned the property?

How many times have you stayed at this unit?

How many times have you exchanged the unit?

How easy was it to exchange? Are you able to exchange the studio for a 2BR somewhere else that doesn't cost as many points? I've read somewhere that you typically can't upgrade, even if the points are comparable.

Do you have any pictures of the unit?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since early 2008.

It is convert to points - I have stayed at the resort MANY times - I have been in this unit --- North side with a slight ocean view but a good intercoastal view.

It is in points - I can use the points to exchange thru RCI. There is NO TPU trading power for a Wyndham points reservation. There is a cross over grid for number of points needed for season and unit size. And points can be used over several deposits.

Within the Wyndham system, you can get both 1 and 2 bdrs unit for 126,000 points - mainly in the Value or High seasons. You can get ANY PRIME STUDIOS available in Points at the Wyndham Santa Barbara Resort. Your ARP is ONLY week 51 for 13 month advance booking. Wyndham points are like US Dollars -- they don't spend any differently - but cancelled points from another reservation may have some restrictions, booking less than full weeks can't be done in PRIME season during ARP, checkin has be to one certain days in ARP ... rules explained in the Member's Directory.

Resort pictures on the Wyndham web site are much better than the ones I can take.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
DEMAND Studio ... 1bdr .. . 2bdr ... 3bdr or more

Prime ..... 90,000 .... 126K .... 205K .... 300K

High ...... 77,000 .... 105K .... 165K .... 232K

Value ...... 52,000 .... 77K .... 126K .... 159K

Choice ...... 35,000 .... 63K .... 77K .... 112K

Have not recalled seeing any "Choice" season units and this is the RCI chart from the online Wyndham directory....

K means 1000 points ...

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points can be used at any Wyndham Club Wyndham Plus resorts --- Your points can be used ANYTIME in 2015 -- or bank them before 2015 to use in 2016 or 2017.

PM if you need more info ...

Thanks