• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thanksgiving at Disney

ineedavacation33

TUG Member
Reaction score
We may be at Disney over the week of Thanksgiving. Does anyone have a favorite or recommended restaurant at which to eat a traditional Thanksgiving meal (turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc.)? I know Liberty Tree Tavern, but looking for any other suggestions. Thanks!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We may be at Disney over the week of Thanksgiving. Does anyone have a favorite or recommended restaurant at which to eat a traditional Thanksgiving meal (turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc.)? I know Liberty Tree Tavern, but looking for any other suggestions. Thanks!

I think the Liberty Tree is the best choice. They have a traditional Thanksgiving buffet.

ineedavacation33

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Liberty Tree is the best choice. They have a traditional Thanksgiving buffet.

I didn't get any other responses (thank you for yours), so I ended up booking a reservation at Liberty Tree for all of us on Thanksgiving at 6:00 last week. I didn't want to get stuck having Thanksgiving dinner at the Toluca Legs Turkey Company whilst sitting on the curb drinking a free sulphur-flavored ice water. I think everyone will be pleased with my decision.

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never been on Thanksgiving before so I can't give much input on what is good. But since we are going this year I booked the Thanksgiving Version of Mickeys Backyard BBQ at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion. I will see how that turns out.

DisneyDenis

Reaction score
I have never been on Thanksgiving before so I can't give much input on what is good. But since we are going this year I booked the Thanksgiving Version of Mickeys Backyard BBQ at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion. I will see how that turns out.

I think you are referring to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. Maybe fried turkey instead of the delicious fried chicken. Great show - it will charm the socks off you !!

DisneyDenis

Reaction score
In reply to OP question DIS has listed below. I would consider Raglan Road in DTD or the Swan/Dolphin restaurants (below):

THANKSGIVING AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
November 27, 2014
*2014 information not yet announced*

If you're planning to celebrate Thanksgiving in Walt Disney World, here's what's on the menu. Note that all of the restaurants in the parks, resorts and Downtown Disney are open. Our list includes those venues where Thanksgiving meals have been announced. HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!

NOTE THAT PRICES/MENU ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

The following restaurants will be serving some type of Thanksgiving Meal. Restaurants are subject to change.
Your dining reservations can be made online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

Thanksgiving Dining Locations at WDW
MAGIC KINGDOM

Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch and Dinner (family style)

Tony's Town Square Restaurant - Lunch and Dinner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EPCOT

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Lunch and Dinner

Biergarten - Lunch and Dinner (buffet)

Coral Reef - Lunch and Dinner

Le Cellier Steakhouse - Lunch and Dinner

Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room - Lunch and Dinner

Sunshine Seasons - Thanksgiving menu all day

Tutto Italia Ristorante - Lunch and Dinner

Via Napoli - Lunch and Dinner

Disney's Hollywood Studios

50's Prime Time Cafe - Lunch and Dinner

Hollywood and Vine - Lunch and Dinner (buffet)

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Tusker House - Lunch and Dinner (buffet)

Downtown Disney

Raglan Road

•Bunratty Mead glazed Turkey with butter whipped potatoes, apple, sage and sweet onion stuffing, braised Brussels sprouts, craberry and plum chutney and traditional gravy - $27.95. 11:00am-11:00pm

Fulton's Crab House

Portobello

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - The Cafe

Thanksgiving at Disney Resorts
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort

Intermission Food Court

Disney's All-Star Music Resort

World Premiere Food Court

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jiko - The Cooking Place - Lunch

Sanaa - Lunch and Dinner

Disney's Beach Club

Cape May Cafe - Dinner

Disney's Boardwalk Resort

Flying Fish Cafe - Dinner (Prix Fixe Menu)

Kouzzina - Dinner

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Shutters - Dinner

Disney's Contemporary Resort

California Grill - Dinner

Chef Mickey's - Dinner (buffet)

The Wave - Lunch and Dinner

Disney's Fort Wilderness

Mickey's Backyard Thanksgiving Feast - Fort Wilderness Pavilion - Dinner Show Buffet at 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00pm

Trail's End Restaurant - Lunch and Dinner (buffet)

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Citricos - Three Dinner Seatings

Grand Floridian Cafe - Lunch and Dinner

Narcoossee's - Dinner

Disney's Old Key West Resort

Olivia's - Lunch and Dinner

Disney's Polynesian Resort

Kona Cafe - Lunch and Dinner

Ohana - Dinner

Disney's Port Orleans Resort

Boatwright's Dining Hall - Dinner

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

The Turf Club Bar & Grill - Lunch and Dinner

Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin

Todd English's bluezoo - 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm

The regular menu will be available, as well as Roasted organic turkey breast, pressed turkey thigh, cranberry gastrique, heirloom root vegetables, brioche stuffing panzanella. $36.

Fresh Mediterranean Market - Lunch and Dinner, 12 pm - 6 pm

A Thanksgiving buffet including salads, grilled pitas and dips, smoked ham and cornbread stuffing, roasted organic turkey, wild mushroom risotto. $34.99 for adults, $16.99 for kids age 3-9, free for kids under 3.

Garden Grove - 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Turkey and ham carving stations, roasted butternut squash soup, and all the traditional Thanksgiving sides. $38.99 for adults, $19.99 for kids age 3-9, free for kids under 3.

Il Mulino - 5 pm - 11:00 pm

The restaurant's regular menu of Italian favorites will be available, plus Tacchino Italiano, Roasted turkey breast and braised turkey thighs with sweet potato gratin, collard greens, cranberries two-ways and cuison.
Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Artist Point - Dinner (Prix Fixe Menu)

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Lunch and Dinner (family style)

Disney's Yacht Club

Captain's Grille - Lunch and Dinner (buffet)

Yachtsman Steakhouse - Dinner (family style)

stoler527

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would pick BOMA. I bet they add turkey to the carving table and animals are thrown in for free viewing. The night vision goggles after dinner would be fun.

We ate at LTT on our last August trip and found the food sub-par. The meat was dried out and the dessert was in edible. Maybe we went on a bad day.

ineedavacation33

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was originally going to try the Raglan Road dinner because it looked delicious, and still have my reservation there. I will cancel one of the two.

JPrisco

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the Grand Floridian Cafe many years ago - we had a party of over 20 and they sat us at one long table - they were very accommodating and helpful. The meal was good, everyone enjoyed it.
JP

bshmerlie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shannon, did you end up getting that Disney week that kept getting put on hold? :)

ineedavacation33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shannon, did you end up getting that Disney week that kept getting put on hold? :)

I discussed it with the tugger that had it and he said it was a studio, which will be too small for us. The one bedroom is probably too small as well, but I was considering it because it was the perfect date. I have one week at OKW, so if we do week #2 offsite then so be it. We'll see if anything pops up and if not, I'll book the week elsewhere.

But thank you very much for helping me!

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Thanksgiving option

Trails end buffet has great down home cooking and plentiful desserts. I bet they do a special thanksgiving thing too. On non-holidays, their all you can eat dinner is $25. The trick is getting there, as it is at fort wilderness. Best way is a boat from the contemporary or magic kingdom, as you land right at the restaurant.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
To venture off topic a bit, are the Christmas decorations up in the resorts by Thanksgiving? I have some RCI points I need to use and thought about going to Orlando that week (since my first and second choices don't seem to be available at this point). I'm regional blocked from the DVC resorts, but there seems to be lots available in Orlando.

I've never been away from the extended family at Thanksgiving, but might take the plunge this year. That is my only opportunity before my points expire. I don't do much Black Friday shopping and most of what I do is on-line.

Sheila

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will have fun in Orlando ... getting some sun, soaking in the heated pools, seeing the sights like Cassagada spiritual camp - (palm readings), Blue Spring State park (manatees), Flagler College (the want to be old college opened in 1971), Stetson U (the OLDEST college in FL), Space Center (should not miss if you have never been there), Daytona Speedway tour, a vineyard or two, ... see, and you thought only of the "Houses built by the Mouse" and Universal Studios.

If you go to the theme parks, do it before WED afternoon.

dlhvac

Reaction score
Dinner

I have dined my way around disney tony's town square in magic kingdom is good but you must get a reservation now or you will not be eating anywhere for dinner credit card required (new). Some restaurants get booked six months out .

ineedavacation33

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have dined my way around disney tony's town square in magic kingdom is good but you must get a reservation now or you will not be eating anywhere for dinner credit card required (new). Some restaurants get booked six months out .

Thanks again! I made a reservation around the 185-190 days in advance mark at Liberty Tree and Raglan Road and have to decide which one to keep. Raglan Road actually looks tasty, which is a little surprising given that it is an Irish theme...

I did all of my reservations at the 180 (+10) days in advance point and had difficulty securing some of them at the ideal day/time desired. A lot of the places were booked in the beginning of our trip and had more availability towards the end, I assume because the beginning of my 180 days was within the +10 days of the previous week's reservations. And the free dining promo probably didn't help either.

Last edited: