• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need tips on Delta sale fares to Mexico!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have enuf miles for me but not hubby. And I'm looking to go during Feb, i.e. prime season to the Yucatan. I've had a timeshare booked for over a year, but now I need to lock in air. He has to be on same flts as me due to his disability. Please let me know how far out I should book, now that it's mid Oct...or might there be a sale announced in November before or after Thanksgiving holiday time? TIA for any tips!

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
In past years for Jan to Apr travel dates to Mexico airlines would have a sale around the second week of October. This year it was in second week of September. Delta had R/T nonstop from Boston to Cancun for $296. Fare lasted about four days.

You have to have one of those email alerts from different travel sites or go online and check every day to score a good fare these days.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In past years for Jan to Apr travel dates to Mexico airlines would have a sale around the second week of October. This year it was in second week of September. Delta had R/T nonstop from Boston to Cancun for $296. Fare lasted about four days.

You have to have one of those email alerts from different travel sites or go online and check every day to score a good fare these days.

Yep, I was checking since about Oct 7 but to no avail. I didn't think to check earlier...Sept sale sounds unbeatable. Which airline travel sites do you recommend for fare sale alerts? I used to get alerts from Travelocity but I don't get emails from them anymore (not sure if they still provide alerts). Other sites that provide alerts, anyone? Thanks in advance!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kayak does free alerts if you register.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
The one site I use doesn't automatically send updates, and you have to check it every day, but it covers all airlines except Southwest.

itasoftware.com

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I use Kayak, as well as their 'fare predictor' Yes, you have to manually go to the site periodically, but the prediction part seems to work. I pulled the trigger when they said to, and have kept looking without finding a lower fare.

That didn't keep Delta from changing the flight routing though. What had been a 1 stop more-or-less linear flight path at a decent time of day has changed to a 5:30 a.m. departure and almost 4 more flight hours all over the continent!

Jim

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone. I'll register for the sites you suggested and cross my fingers and toes! :hi:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Skyscanner is another great site and fun widget for android.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Carol,

You can also get alerts from SmarterTravel.com
Go to their website and on the home page near the top click on the Travel Guide Tab.
Then toward the upper right of the new page - Sign UP for the Free Travel Alert Newsletter. I think it will let you choose departing airports that you would like to receive alerts for.

Good Luck.

Richard

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I use Kayak, as well as their 'fare predictor' Yes, you have to manually go to the site periodically, but the prediction part seems to work. I pulled the trigger when they said to, and have kept looking without finding a lower fare.

That didn't keep Delta from changing the flight routing though. What had been a 1 stop more-or-less linear flight path at a decent time of day has changed to a 5:30 a.m. departure and almost 4 more flight hours all over the continent!

Jim

If they make that much of a change you can cancel and get a refund. We did that recently...after I found a significantly cheaper fare available on US Airways.
--bp

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I need about 10K miles so hubby can take my flight!

Carol,

You can also get alerts from SmarterTravel.com
Go to their website and on the home page near the top click on the Travel Guide Tab.
Then toward the upper right of the new page - Sign UP for the Free Travel Alert Newsletter. I think it will let you choose departing airports that you would like to receive alerts for.

Good Luck.

Richard

Richard I'm gonna need luck! The price just went up 100 bucks! :annoyed: I already paid/booked w/ Delta miles for my ticket and really need to get hubby on same plane since he's got Parkinsons. He's about 10K miles shy of having enough miles for this particular booking, egads. What's a 25th anniversary going to be like without my hubby coming along? I need to earn about 10K miles in his Delta account real quick (and no I don't want to pay their high fee to xfer miles over from my account...plus I don't have quite enuf!) :eek:

Anyone have ideas on how to earn Delta miles real quick short of mileage run flights? TIA for any creative tips!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Update: price went up 60 bucks and today Delta site said only 1 seat left at this price. So I bit the bullet and bought hubby's ticket. Happy anniversary DH! :cool:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If they make that much of a change you can cancel and get a refund. We did that recently...after I found a significantly cheaper fare available on US Airways.
--bp

Delta's price is still nearly $100 less than any other carrier between the points we want. Unless something changes drastically, we won't be rebooking with a different carrier.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since your hubby has Parkinson's don't they have a program for reduced fares for those requiring companions. I thought they did. Check on it to be sure.