• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Magic Hours

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The morning EMH really help alot. Will you be able to do a whole, maybe. We go at NYE, which is about as crazy a crowd can be. We will hit the morning EMH and you can really see a difference in crowd level the first 2.5 to 3 hours. After that it is really nuts and time for us to go back to the room or hit lunch.

Our kids are older teeneagers and we also take advantage of some of the late magic hours. For example, on Dec 30th Magic Kingdom is open until 4am.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tomandrobin, I was on SPG this morning and saw both the Dolphin and Swan posted availability using starpoints for spring break 2009. Having been to Disney during spring break in the past it was horrendus as far as lines at the parks are concerned. What i'm asking the DVC experts here is will the lines be hour plus waits during the extra magic hours or a walk through the park? Does anyone have expeirance with using the extra magic hours during a busy spring break week?

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
Magic Hours were very helpful at WDW over the 4th of July. My kids and I were able to take pics with the characters and ride several rides during the Magic Hours.

We also used magic hours at the water park and it the lines for the tube rides, etc were non-existant.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are always Magic Hours in the Spring, Summer and Holiday weeks. Sometimes you will have them in the morning and sometimes at night. It depends on the traffic into the parks during each season as to which it will be. Magic Kingdom is usually on Sun and that is the most important Magic Hour since MK fills up the quickest when school is out. You will not have Magic Hours in off seasons like Sept and Jan.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tomandrobin, I was on SPG this morning and saw both the Dolphin and Swan posted availability using starpoints for spring break 2009. Having been to Disney during spring break in the past it was horrendus as far as lines at the parks are concerned. What i'm asking the DVC experts here is will the lines be hour plus waits during the extra magic hours or a walk through the park? Does anyone have expeirance with using the extra magic hours during a busy spring break week?

The parks will be busy, especially if its the week before and after Easter. The morning EMH really do help, but by 11am-noon it will become unbearable.

If you get to the park at rope drop on an EMH day, the first 2 hours alot of rides are little or no wait.

The night EMH are not great. Lines are terrible until about an hour before close.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used the evening EMH for Easter Week last year and it was great. You could just go right back on anything you wanted. For a very busy week, I would recommend Park Hoppers so you can go to the EMH, but go to a different park during the regular hours. The park with EMH will always be the busiest one that day.