• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor Club or Manor Club Sequel

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK all,

I've FINALLY gotten my membership through to II. Be aware I'm going to be asking lots of questions all the time, lol.

Here's my first official question as an owner.

I wanted to exchange for a Manor Club week, but it seems the exchanges aren't there for when I want. There are getaways for when I want, however.

We vacation from Saturday to Saturday. There is a Manor Club 2BR for $349 from Friday to Friday. We would just go Saturday and stay until Friday.

There is a Manor Club Sequel from Saturday to Saturday for $424.

Which would you choose and are these good prices for getaways?

Thanks!

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many people will you have? The original side units only sleep 6 and the sequel side sleep 8. Personally, I prefer the original units, but there is not a significant difference.

The price is less than the annual fee, but would not include the discounted golf you would get with a Marriott exchange. So, I quesss it depends on if you plan on golfing and how much value you assign to that benefit.

Gary

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be going with 4 adults and 2 children. The children will sleep in our room with us as they are small. We are not going for golf but to relax and see the sights. I've stayed at the Manor Club about 10 years ago and remember how beautiful it was. I heard maybe the Sequel units weren't as nice.

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacationlover,

When will you be going and where in Joisey are you from? I have family in Vernon.

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm from South Jersey. I want to go between April and June. I actually just spoke to Interval and they said they have both Manor Club for Friday to Friday and Sequel from Saturday to Saturday.

Knowing that we would probably lose a day if we took the Friday to Friday and we don't really golf, but probably would do it just to do it for cheap, would you choose Manor Club or Sequel?

SOOOOOOOOOOOO confused!

Thanks!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me Manor Club feels more like a home vs. Sequel which feels more like hotel rooms without the lobby. The Sequel rooms are very nice, just a different feel. If you like old historic feel, go for Manor Club. If you like new building, modern, cleaner lines of the building go for Sequel.

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for reference,

How much are the cart fees for golf? I'm trying to see exactly what it would cost me to golf there. And club rental? Anyone know?

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea as we don't golf, but I'm sure you could call them and inquire.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Golf is $30 per person for mandatory cart rental.

The other thing about MSE vs. MMC is that MSE is closer to tennis and the outdoor pool which is nice in the summer. Other than that, I'd pick MMC every time.

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt,

Why would you choose Manor club over sequel everytime? Also, I have 2 little ones. Will it be much easier to get them to the pool in sequel?

Thanks!

brego

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in both and while they are both very nice, I do prefer the feel of MMC. However, the sleeping arrangements you are planning on will be difficullt at MMC. The master bedroom has a king and the second bedroom has a queen, which means that only 4 can sleep in the bedrooms. The additional 2 guests are accomodated on a sleeper sofa in the living room. The sequel side layout has a king in the master bedroom, a queen bed and queen sleeper sofa in the second bedroom, and a sleeper in the living room.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
MMC - original section, far fewer units per building and entry ways are more private, many units have golf course views, all units are dedicated 2BR and have more living space and feel like a condo, much closer to marketplace/spa/owners lounge, much closer to original small pool and indoor pool, parking is better.

MSE - newer section, buildings are long and narrow with many units per floor, all opeing to a main hallway, units feel smaller due to wasted space and two entry ways for lock out, studio has extra mini fridge and microwave, balconies overlook common areas or trees, closer to larger pool, closer to kids playground, closer to tennis and shuffleboard, parking can be a challenge if you arrive after 8pm.

The reason that I like MMC is because of the units, the golf course views, and convenience to the marketplace. I've stayed in both at least ten times (many for weekends), and can say that the experience for me is very different when I stay in MSE. I feel like everyone is watching me and can hear what I'm doing. This is because so many people share the building and the common hallway. You constantly hear people opening and shutting doors and walking down the halls. Of course the closer to the elevator, the worse it gets because eveyrone has to walk there to exit the building. Even the picnic area is different at MSE. There are several grills in one area right by the tennis and shuffleboard. At MMC the grills are scattered throughout the area. That leads to the appearance of more privacy.

All of this is a preference, and for you the convenience to the outdoor pool and playground may better for you.

One last thing. No building is more than about 150 yards from the main building and check in area, so we're not talking about a huge complex like Grande Vista. Getting from MMC to the outdoor pool is less than a three minute walk from any unit. All the units are nice.

Big Matt,

Why would you choose Manor club over sequel everytime? Also, I have 2 little ones. Will it be much easier to get them to the pool in sequel?

Thanks!