• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Facebook question

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the FB help section, but no one responded. So I am turning to my TUG friends:

I am less than a year "new" to FB. Only some of my friends' post come through on my mobile phone. Others do not and I have to go into FB on my computer to see them.

Why don't all show on my phone? I thought it was a difference in who I am "following" but I am following all of my friends.

It's interesting because the folks who I get the phone posts are long-ago friends. My recent friends, I have to log in to FB on the computer to see what is going on.

Possibility: I accepted some of these friends on my phone? Are they the ones who come through the phone?

Other ideas? How to remedy this and select who comes through on my phone?

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
FB has some pretty complex allogorhythyms to try and "learn" what you prefer to put those in your news feed. It looks at which posts and pictures you actually look at, etc. I would just like all your friends posts and pictures that you truly want to follow and see what they post. Do that for a week or two and you'll start seeing all their posts showing up in your news feed.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The settings on the phone app are separate from the computer app, so you wont see the same. They just added an option to force your favorites to the top of your news feed. You will have to do it on the phone app too, look for the little down arrow to the right of their names.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Facebook, shows you what you most look at or who you comment on. You can go to any of your friends homepage to see what they post!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
The settings on the phone app are separate from the computer app, so you wont see the same. They just added an option to force your favorites to the top of your news feed. You will have to do it on the phone app too, look for the little down arrow to the right of their names.

Also, if you click on the down arrow next to the friends button on certain friends pages, you can then click Get Notifications and these will pop up in your world icon at the top (and should show in your timeline).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also are you using the facebook mobile app (which I personally hate) or just browsing the site on your phone through the phones browser?

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
What's Facebook?:D

Cheers

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Facebook, shows you what you most look at or who you comment on. You can go to any of your friends homepage to see what they post!

Thanks for the suggestion, but the funny thing is that the friends who pop up all the time on my phone are folks I haven't seen in years! But they may have been the ones I friended via phone rather than computer. I just don't know.:confused:

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score

Aha! That makes some sense, different settings. So now I will try to see if your suggestion works. I have so much to learn, like what the "top of the newsfeed" means. Don't want to bore you guys, I will try to figure this out after I try the suggestion above.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Aha! That makes some sense, different settings. So now I will try to see if your suggestion works. I have so much to learn, like what the "top of the newsfeed" means. Don't want to bore you guys, I will try to figure this out after I try the suggestion above.

Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right, scroll down to News Feed Preferences. Follow the ones you want to see and Unfollow the ones you don't. It won't change your friend status with them.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
FB has some pretty complex allogorhythyms to try and "learn" what you prefer to put those in your news feed. It looks at which posts and pictures you actually look at, etc. I would just like all your friends posts and pictures that you truly want to follow and see what they post. Do that for a week or two and you'll start seeing all their posts showing up in your news feed.

I'll try this too, thanks.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right, scroll down to News Feed Preferences. Follow the ones you want to see and Unfollow the ones you don't. It won't change your friend status with them.

I did this, and it shows that I am following all of my friends! I don't have that many FB friends, but only a few come through the phone. Plus, posts from THEIR friends who comment on items. That can get overwhelming.

The frustrating thing is that one of my most recent friends just went on a trip and she was posting many photos. I had no clue until another friend asked whether I had seen the photos. I went to the computer to view them. But the photos never came into my phone. But someone from years ago I keep getting her posts, her friends post, etc.

All of my friends look the same - that is, I am following them all.