• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need information after accident in Myrtle Beach

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We got into a pretty bad accident last night at Myrtle Beach. I have All State insurance. They estimated the damage to my car at $6900+ today. It would take $8200 to total my car. The adjuster suggested Bell and Bell Body shop since there is no Acura dealer here and the Honda dealer has no body shop. They are going to dissemble the car tomorrow and see if there are more damages not included in the All State estimate. I could not find much information about this shop or any other body shop in the area. Does anyone have any information?

I would much rather total the car at this point since it is not going to be ready before school starts. It will be a big hassle for us to come back and pick up the car after the school starts.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't offer information, but I'm sorry about your accident. It sounds like you're all OK and that's the most important thing.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would much rather total the car at this point since it is not going to be ready before school starts. It will be a big hassle for us to come back and pick up the car after the school starts.

You will never get what the car is worth if it is totaled. You should hope, however inconvenient, that the car is "fixable."

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear about your accident. There is an Acura dealer in Wilimington,NC called Stevenson Acura, 821 S College RD. 910-798-4619 approx. 72 miles from MB.

Good luck praying all will turn out fine.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the accident but thankful otherwise you're OK.

If the Insurance Company is recommending the shop then you are OK as they have to stand behind the work. In our experience independent shops are better than dealers at body work anyway. Just be sure to ask that they use OEM parts whenever possible.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider selling the car for its current value prior to fixing to a body shop or a new car dealer with a body shop and buy a new one.

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a body shop at home that you are familiar with and prefer, insist on them towing the car to your preferred location.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That would be an expensive tow, over 400 miles.

And I seriously doubt the insurance would or could be forced to pay it. Not a reasonable request.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your support. We were very lucky that the other car hit mine near the front tire and the tire took most of the pressure. The other car was totaled. We have a full load of people (3 rows) in the car and it would be unthinkable if it struck any other places from the side.

I just got an unofficial update from Bell and Bell. It looks like their estimate almost doubled the All State estimate. It is not official yet, but I still prefer to get it totaled instead spending this much money on fixing it. The car served us very well in this accident, but I really don't have it confidence to drive it all the way home right after such a big repair. Just for the trip here, I had the oil changed, tire rotation and balance, power lock fixed and both the dealer and my mechanic look at it and assure me it was good to go.

Thanks pedro47 for providing me the Acura dealer information. I contacted them today, and I planned to tow the car there for repair if I had to. I feel it is better to have someone who is familiar with mechanics the car working on it with this extensive damage. They estimated $200 for towing which I probably have to pay myself.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 45

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pedro is correct, I had an accident south of Myrtle Beach, about 200 miles from home. Allstate, without question towed it to my body shop at there expense. Just wanted to throw that in there to just let you know it is possible.