• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE The Legacy Golf Resort - Phoenix, AZ

Wanderlust1

Reaction score
Legacy-Golf-Resort_1.jpg

FREE timeshare - has been paid in full (only maintenance fee due yearly)

Legacy Golf Resort
Phoenix, Arizona

Resort VIDEO: http://youtu.be/NKsEqtl3oeM
Golf Course ViDEO: http://youtu.be/IpXkljK7uBs

Shell Vacations Club/Wyndham
Maintenance Fee: $450 a year (Paid through 2014)
Originally paid $10,000
Premier Resort exchanged through Interval International
Great golf course, spa and pool area
I will pay all transfer fees

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Legacy-Golf-Resort_1.jpg

FREE timeshare - has been paid in full (only maintenance fee due yearly)

Legacy Golf Resort
Phoenix, Arizona

Maintenance Fee: $450 a year (Paid through 2014)
Originally paid $10,000
Premier Resort exchanged through Interval International
Great golf course, spa and pool area
I will pay all transfer fees

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'm interested in this property;
Does this amount of points usually get you a week?
Are there any other fee's associated with this beside MF's?

webwino

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interested in Legacy

I'm not familiar with their point system. How does 1250 points relate to an EY or EOY and 1br/2br?

Wanderlust1

Reaction score
Are these Shell Vacation Club points? In the American Club?

Yes. For example, a studio suite is around 2,500 points in red season. This TS was used every other year or you can buy points through Shell to use yearly. I'm sorry, I don't know what the American Club is?

Wanderlust1

Reaction score

The points are yearly. No other fees unless you exchange through Interval International for another location within their network.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. For example, a studio suite is around 2,500 points in red season. This TS was used every other year or you can buy points through Shell to use yearly. I'm sorry, I don't know what the American Club is?

Shell has several groupings of resorts into clubs where you have advance window of booking (a booking priority - before other clubs can book your group of clubs).

I own in the California club (San Diego, SF resorts, OR resort and the Vino resort); there is the Hawaii club; and your club includes the CO resort, the other two AZ resort, the NV (LV) resort and the NH resort. The 4th club is the Canadian resort.

The MFs are based on the resorts in a club -- all those resort MFs divided by the points within that club.

Wanderlust1

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with their point system. How does 1250 points relate to an EY or EOY and 1br/2br?

I know, why can't all TS be the same.

I get 1,250 yearly. A studio suite is typically around 2,500 points. So, I used banked points, next year use points or purchased points through Shell if I wanted to use yearly or upgrade to a larger unit. Essentially, it's as flexible as you want it to be. For me it was used every other year with cruises and tours in between. If you wanted to use yearly, you could with aforementioned options as buying points is very economical and easy to do.

This was purchased for a couple with no children and worked out great. If we wanted to travel with a larger group or extended family, we had option to upgrade unit if needed.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another TUGGER gave me a Shell membership over a year ago, with a years banked points and current year's points. I believe that membership was 1250 also -- with the 2500 points I got a 1bdr at the Legacy for 6 Nights in March 2014 --- over a weekend.

My sister, brother and I had a very nice time - the Legacy resort was great. Large pool and very nice looking golf course (according to sis who is a golfer). They agree I should book again in 2015 --- which I did as I acquired MORE Shell points -- a 2/2 for 4 nights with a 1bdr for 4 additional nights -- of course, I now have 6500 Shell points. With another 1000 being added on a month or two. It will be a BIGGER trip Mar 2015 --- another sister and her husband plus my brother's wife.... and WHO knows if I have other relatives who will show up.

I should charge money! Right now, I just get them for game tickets, rental car, food, and drinks. They would not get me a really cool tee shirt - said it was sold out. :bawl:

About my comment to OVER A WEEKEND ... the Shell system values FRI and SAT nights as the most expensive nights thru out their points booking system. The next 2 expensive nights is Thru and Sun nights. The lowest price nights at Mon, Tues and Wed nights.

The Legacy resort has Studios and 1bedroom units plus they have a connecting door where they become their version of a 2/2 with 2 entrances, 2 baths, 2 balconies and 2 stack washer & dryer plus the kitchenette setup in the "master suite".

Hope this info helps...

Wanderlust1

Reaction score
Another TUGGER gave me a Shell membership over a year ago, with a years banked points and current year's points. I believe that membership was 1250 also -- with the 2500 points I got a 1bdr at the Legacy for 6 Nights in March 2014 --- over a weekend.

My sister, brother and I had a very nice time - the Legacy resort was great. Large pool and very nice looking golf course (according to sis who is a golfer). They agree I should book again in 2015 --- which I did as I acquired MORE Shell points -- a 2/2 for 4 nights with a 1bdr for 4 additional nights -- of course, I now have 6500 Shell points. With another 1000 being added on a month or two. It will be a BIGGER trip Mar 2015 --- another sister and her husband plus my brother's wife.... and WHO knows if I have other relatives who will show up.

I should charge money! Right now, I just get them for game tickets, rental car, food, and drinks. They would not get me a really cool tee shirt - said it was sold out. :bawl:

About my comment to OVER A WEEKEND ... the Shell system values FRI and SAT nights as the most expensive nights thru out their points booking system. The next 2 expensive nights is Thru and Sun nights. The lowest price nights at Mon, Tues and Wed nights.

The Legacy resort has Studios and 1bedroom units plus they have a connecting door where they become their version of a 2/2 with 2 entrances, 2 baths, 2 balconies and 2 stack washer & dryer plus the kitchenette setup in the "master suite".

Hope this info helps...

Thank you so much for the info! I'm not the most savvy when it comes to how other time shares work as this is my only experience. I wish they all worked within the same point system.

Yes, The Legacy is a lovely resort. The golf is great and the pool area is quite nice. I've had it for 15 years and have enjoyed immensely. Since I now live in AZ, I tend to trade to Mexico, Spain and Portugal and have had great success.

You are very generous with your family travels! How fun. Sure you don't want to add The Legacy to your amazing TS portfolio. ;-)

Thanks again for your comments. I really hope someone gets to enjoy The Legacy like I have, just want to focus more on cruises and tours at this point in my life.

Thanks again!

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
My smart brother move just over a year ago to AZ -- way up north. He and the sister on the trip are baseball NUTS! I HATE BASEBALL. It was his FIRST SPRING training games and since sis & I had been the year before (stayed at the Wigwam Resort), we did ride over and look at the Legacy with a nice tour of the units. (did not do a timeshare sales tour). Longer trip this year than last year; longer trip for 2015 than the prior years.

Nice try --- but I don't like flying from East Coast to PHX or further West anymore than I HAVE TO. And your points are in a different club--I could NOT combined them for booking stuff and I would pay a 2nd CLUB FEE.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

The points are yearly. No other fees unless you exchange through Interval International for another location within their network.

Shell has several groupings of resorts into clubs where you have advance window of booking (a booking priority - before other clubs can book your group of clubs).

I own in the California club (San Diego, SF resorts, OR resort and the Vino resort); there is the Hawaii club; and your club includes the CO resort, the other two AZ resort, the NV (LV) resort and the NH resort. The 4th club is the Canadian resort.

The MFs are based on the resorts in a club -- all those resort MFs divided by the points within that club.

Hi again,
So is this club the americana club?
I'm looking to use this every other year, would this get me a 1 bedroom for4 people?

Wanderlust1

Reaction score
Hi again,
So is this club the americana club?
I'm looking to use this every other year, would this get me a 1 bedroom for4 people?

Hi!

Yes, it's in the Americana Club, thanks to Linda. :)

The point system is:
Studio: 2,000-2,500 pts (low to high season)
One Bedroom: 3,200-3,750 pts (low to high season)

You can rent points from Shell for .25 per point to upgrade. You can borrow from next year use or can also buy Shell points very cheap on ebay or perhaps even on TUG as well.

Hope this helped.

Wanderlust1

Reaction score
My smart brother move just over a year ago to AZ -- way up north. He and the sister on the trip are baseball NUTS! I HATE BASEBALL. It was his FIRST SPRING training games and since sis & I had been the year before (stayed at the Wigwam Resort), we did ride over and look at the Legacy with a nice tour of the units. (did not do a timeshare sales tour). Longer trip this year than last year; longer trip for 2015 than the prior years.

Nice try --- but I don't like flying from East Coast to PHX or further West anymore than I HAVE TO. And your points are in a different club--I could NOT combined them for booking stuff and I would pay a 2nd CLUB FEE.

Hey, thought I'd try. ;-)

Well, at least there is amazing golf, shopping and spas to be had while others take in Spring Training. It's amazing how crazy this town gets during ST. Hope you enjoy your next trip.