• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Uri Fried - TTC Holdings

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that some peoples problem with Uri is that he either has bad info in his ads that misleads buyers into purchasing or some other error shows up at closing.

Well, IMHO, that's a big problem!

deedman

Reaction score

well its understandable if they are flipping that much merchandise. they seem to have a fair refund policy, and as long as you are smart enough to pay with paypal you should be ok. That's why it behooves the buyer to verify any listing of Uri Friend AFTER winning the auction, and BEFORE making payment.

Refund Policy

"Our refund policy is pretty simple and straightforward. We go to great lengths to make sure that our auctions are correct. We go thru an Estoppel process which means that we double check our information by getting the resort or the resort management to confirm our information in writing. But even with all that effort sometimes the information is wrong thru no fault of our own. With that said, please know that if you find that we described the item incorrectly we will offer you a full refund and take back the item."

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may be a big problem, but anyone who does their due diligence should be able to spot most problems. I suspect the inaccuracies are fewer than listing by the owners themselves, because they do try to catch problems first.

The issue with my own purchase was something that would have been an issue for anybody. They closing company prepared a new deed based on the original provided by the sellers, but the unit number had been changed - not through a deed correction per se, but through an amendment to the condo docs on file with the county. Corrections to individual deeds are expected to be made whenever there is a sale only. The listing on eBay showed the new unit number, but the actual deed showed the original number. Since the closing agent didn't have documentation showing the change, they processed the deed with the original unit number. And then when they were informed by the resort that a corrected deed was needed, they did what was necessary. If we had been purchasing directly from another owner, the process could have become an issue.

DVB42

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our unit was deede to Francis Trips LLC as well - recorded about a week before the eBay listings.

I recently purchased a ts from "The Timeshare Company" which turned out to be Uri. My deeed had previously been registered through Francis Trips, LLC as others have reported.

I was pretty happy with the whole process and in the end everything was done right by them.

deedman

Reaction score
Finally finished the closing process through The TimeShare Company via Uri Fried. I must say I am very pleased. I would recommend Uri without a doubt. Everytime I called with questions they were very polite and professional. Everything went smoothly and I am currently waiting for wyndham to get me in the system, I'm guessing a month or so at the most. I would definately purchase a timeshare again from them, especially since the the closing costs were free! Winning bid was a $1, resort transfer fee was $100, and the MF for the year are Paid in Full.

cvocke

TUG Member
Reaction score
In November 2009 purchased a floating red week at Summitt @ Massanutten on eBay from shares3000 on ebay, and my PayPal payment went to Uri Fried. I was then contacted by The Timeshare Company in WI. Short story is that they never got the deed transferred correctly, with two tries. The resort would say it was incorrectly transferred from the previous owner to Jamie Cruises LLC. I wanted a holiday week in 2011, so I also paid the maintenance fees to Uri Fried so that the holiday week could be reserved (by them, since I didn't own yet). I spent a lot of time on the phone with them and the resort, and in April 2010 I decided I wanted out. To their credit, I emailed the office manager with my request and the dates of my payments and their two failed deed recordings, and they immediately refunded everything.

Question - I now want to get out of timeshares. I own red time @Eagle Trace at Massanutten, and a fixed points week @ Eastern Slope Inn that I purchased to get into points. I've got them both for sale on TUG, for $10 and $1, with a bonus reserved holiday week in the Eagle Trace unit. No bites except scams. I'm seriously considering Florida Veterans and have read good and bad here. Florida Vetererans has given me references (I talked to 2 happy customers), reduced their fee by $50, and promised I'll be out of the timeshares.

Do you think i could just transfer them to Uri Fried, and save all the fees? I don't buy into the donation as a tax deduction of $5000, but they are the only way I can see of getting rid of my units.

Advice or comments?

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
If he's willing to take them with no extra upfront fees - or with a small fee that seems reasonable to you - it sounds like a reasonable tactic to get out. Just make sure the transfer is going to be recorded, and check to make sure it is done properly.

Did Massanutten ever tell you what was wrong with the two attempts to transfer the Summit deed? It would be interesting to know if it was something peculiar to their weeks, or if it was something they should have gotten right the first time.