• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What day to fly to Cayman Islands, Friday or Saturday

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
I am going to grab a week in Cayman Islands for 2/15. Would I be better off with a Friday or Saturday check in?

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I usually look at when I can get the best flights.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am going to grab a week in Cayman Islands for 2/15. Would I be better off with a Friday or Saturday check in?

If you are leaving from NY, that is a very busy week to fly....check kayak - I use Cayman Airways but last year, those tickets were above $700.
Any other week is around $400-450 on Cayman Airways direct flight.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Actually it was February 2015. Since we have a home in South Carolina I think we will drive to Miami or Jacksonville and catch a flight from there. I'm now thinking leaving on a Saturday because the hotel the night before will be cheaper on a Friday night.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thanks. Actually it was February 2015. Since we have a home in South Carolina I think we will drive to Miami or Jacksonville and catch a flight from there. I'm now thinking leaving on a Saturday because the hotel the night before will be cheaper on a Friday night.

Cayman airways also flies out of Miami. They release their fares at just about the year mark,
If you set up a kayak alert and look at the website daily at the one year mark you should be able to get the airfare around $400.
I was there presidents week last year and it was great.....going in March this year and next year and the next......

Last edited:

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Why not fly out of Charlotte? US Airways has direct flights every Saturday for around $360.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't really know where I would try to fly out of. This will be our first time flying from somewhere other than NYC. We are vacationing from our home in Bluffton, S.C..

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
I don't really know where I would try to fly out of. This will be our first time flying from somewhere other than NYC. We are vacationing from our home in Bluffton, S.C..

OK you're near Hilton Head. You would still be better off flying US Airways out of Charlotte.

mecllap

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not fly out of Charlotte? US Airways has direct flights every Saturday for around $360.

I was just looking at summer fares from CLT and it was running $702 pp.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Do you realize how long the drive to Miami is? It's better to go to Tampa than Miami. However, JAX is a good option. I flew from Jax when I went to the Caymans last year. AA flies from there to MIA to GCM. We'll talk when you get here.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
I was just looking at summer fares from CLT and it was running $702 pp.

I don't know where you're looking but I just found a flight on US Airways site from CLT to STT departing 6/14 - 6/21 for $364 per person.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I don't know where you're looking but I just found a flight on US Airways site from CLT to STT departing 6/14 - 6/21 for $364 per person.

Maybe because you are looking at STT and the OP is going to GCM??

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I am not going until Winter 2015 so I have time to research. I guess I will look into leaving from JAX and other surrounding airports.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Maybe because you are looking at STT and the OP is going to GCM??

Found an even better price for GCM for the same time period - $333 per person. Like I said I don't know where they're looking.

mecllap

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Found an even better price for GCM for the same time period - $333 per person. Like I said I don't know where they're looking.

I was probably on Expedia, but it's always run the same price as US Airways site for me. I usually check both. Haven't tried Kayak lately.