• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

An RCI resort in Alaska

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I just noticed this resort in RCI's Extra Vacations. I had never heard of it before. At first glance, $199 for the week sounds pretty good. But then I noticed it was mandatory all-inclusive.

Salmon Falls Resort (#A885)
Be the first to write a review
16707 N Tongass Hwy
Ketchikan, AK 99901
USA
907/225-2752
www.salmonfallsresort.com

(Privacy) Kitchen Check-In Date Check-Out Date Price
Hotel 4 (2) No Kitchen Sunday, May 31, 2009 Sunday, June 07, 2009 $199.00
Hotel 4 (2) No Kitchen Sunday, June 07, 2009 Sunday, June 14, 2009 $199.00
Hotel 4 (2) No Kitchen Sunday, June 28, 2009 Sunday, July 05, 2009 $199.00

Urgent Information
MANDATORY 7 DAY ALL INCLUSIVE MEAL PROGRAM, 2009 FEES ARE 899.00 USD PER WEEK PER ADULT. FOR CHILDREN AGES 3 - 12 (JUNIOR MENU) THE FEE IS 499.00 PER WEEK. MEAL PROGRAM INCLUDES BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER DAILY. SPECIAL PREPARATION OF YOUR DAILY CATCH FOR DINNER OR APPETIZERS IF DESIRED. USE OF EXERCISE FACILITY, HOT TUBS, ROUND TRIP AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM KETCHIKAN AND DAILY HOUSEKEEPING. NOT INCLUDED IN MEAL PROGRAM: ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, APPETIZERS AND GRATUITIES. OPTIONAL FEES FOR FISHING AND JET BOAT TOURS ARE AS FOLLOW: BACK COUNTRY JET BOAT TOUR: $80.00 PER PERSON PER TOUR. FULLY GUIDED FISHING TOUR: $500.00 PER PERSON PER DAY. SELF GUIDE FISHING TOUR: $200.00 PER PERSON PER DAY. THE FISHING TOURS INCLUDE FISH PROCESSING AND PACKAGING. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED IN ADVANCE OF ARRIVAL. NO PETS

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I've been seeing exchange availability for this, but those all-exclusive fees seem high to me. I'm sure everything is expensive in Alaska, but that would be cost prohibitive for our family.

Sheila

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
For an adult that would be $42.81 per meal and for a child would be $23.76 per meal. Should be some good eats!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
You can find some great places to stay in Alaska for WAY less than those outrageous prices. I had seen that "resort" a couple of months ago, and had a great belly laugh that anyone would pay those fees!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
And the all-inclusive price doesn't include alcoholic beverages, appetizers, or gratuities! You'd pretty much be a captive audience because it seems to be a little bit out of town with nothing else around it & no kitchens even if you had the capability of buying food for yourself. On the other hand, I'm sure it must be costly to ship in all their food and supplies.

DianneL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cruise

My thought is that you could take an Alaskan cruise for that amount or less and not only see that city, but also other cities, glaciers, etc. Seems to me that would be a better deal. I realize everyone doesn't like cruises like I do, but it is an option. I have done the Alaska cruise and think it was wonderful.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thought is that you could take an Alaskan cruise for that amount or less and not only see that city, but also other cities, glaciers, etc. Seems to me that would be a better deal. I realize everyone doesn't like cruises like I do, but it is an option. I have done the Alaska cruise and think it was wonderful.

These type of remote to semi-remote resorts such as this one are designed for those who love fishing, hunting and other outdoors activities. They are sort of the antithesis of cruising.

DianneL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess I wasn't thinking along the fishing, hunting lines. I see your point.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess I wasn't thinking along the fishing, hunting lines. I see your point.

For example, we were able to visit Port Lions, Alaska a few years back. Port Lions is a very small village on Kodiak Island, that is only accessible by small plane or on the Alaska Ferry. While we were not there to fish or hunt (though we did get to go fishing), the only reason there was a hotel/lodge in the village was to cater to the desires of those who want to fish or hunt. If you did not fish or hunt there really was nothing else to do.