• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just passed ROFR for Marriott Desert Springs

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
An update for resale purchasers - we passed ROFR for Marriott Desert Spring Villas for two gold annual two bedroom weeks purchased at $800 each. It took two weeks for Marriott to respond.

Last edited:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. Are you planning to stay at the resort or exchange through II?

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
II exchange - for travel off season to Hawaii, Aruba, etc.

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
How Much From Marriott?

That is sooo cheap. Good for you.

How much would those weeks have cost buyers who bought directly from Marriott?

The only downside to buying these units is that offseason weeks can be rented as GetAways from II for less than $400 for a week. But maybe you are using these weeks to trade?

griffinhouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
DSV II was sold with red, white and blue seasons. Are your gold weeks equal to white weeks? We are waiting for a ROFR waiver on a white week we bid on last week. If Marriott passed on the units at $800 each then we shouldn't have a problem.

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's hard to know what Marriott will do. I agree that they are not likely to ROFR a DSV White week at the present time.
OTOH, Marriott just took a deed back in lieu of 2010 fees from an owner who listed their unit with me. So, they essentially paid ~$1,100 for it. Of course, they also got the 2010 use-week.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are white weeks. Annual two bedrooms. I agree the getaways are cheaper at MDS than exchanging, we plan to exchange for Hawaii in low season. Not sure what the weeks sold for originally but I would be curious to know!

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are white weeks. Annual two bedrooms. I agree the getaways are cheaper at MDS than exchanging, we plan to exchange for Hawaii in low season. Not sure what the weeks sold for originally but I would be curious to know!

MDS (Villas I) sold out in 1994. The White Season sell out price was $14,900. They were priced lower in earlier years.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should make you feel even better to know that, in 2005 we paid $16,500 for a white week through Marriott resales. Aargh! Ohwell, we've enjoyed using that week.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Congratulations. Use them in good health.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all - we could not resist the low prices and ended up buying two Marriott weeks, a Westin and a Sheraton week. Looking forward to have fun with those weeks! Only fellow addicts like you would understand that joy!

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too just found out this morning that Marriott waived the ROFR on a white week at DSV II that I purchased on Ebay. Just waiting for it to record now with Riverside County.:clap:

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
White week at DSV and DSV II is weeks 22-27 and 36-49. Not the best but not the worst season in the California Desert.

scpoidog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina
White week at DSV and DSV II is weeks 22-27 and 36-49. Not the best but not the worst season in the California Desert.

Thanks. I only thought weeks were classified as silver, gold, plat, plat+. Learn something new every day.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
slightly off-topic, but has there been a thread listing what prices were paid by TUGGERS for various Marriott resales which passed ROFR this year? I'd love to see a long list---that would be very interesting. (I would also want to know if thru agent or ebay, etc.)

I bought one on ebay and would like to see what others did. marty (jme)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
slightly off-topic, but has there been a thread listing what prices were paid by TUGGERS for various Marriott resales which passed ROFR this year? I'd love to see a long list---that would be very interesting. (I would also want to know if thru agent or ebay, etc.)

I bought one on ebay and would like to see what others did. marty (jme)

One might exist, though I don't know where.:D. See my signature.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
One might exist, though I don't know where.:D. See my signature.

thanks....glad that wasn't a snake....it wudda bit me.

Follow-up, after reading your signature link (thanks, by the way) :

Looked at your data base, and for South Carolina, specifically Hilton Head's Grande Ocean and Barony, and Myrtle Beach's Oceanwatch, there are no sales in 2010 listed at all, and the ones in 2009 and 2008 are really irrelevant in the current conversation, seeing that they were not transacted in the midst (bottom) of this recession, during 2010. Prices from 2008 and early 2009 are still really high, almost what they were during "normal" years. Not even close to what they sell for right now.

This year's prices are the ones I'd be interested in seeing. There were a TON of resale purchases this year, and I'd still love to see a list made up of tuggers who bought resale Marriotts during 2010. I bought an Oceanwatch resale week this past Spring, and i'm sure many bought elsewhere.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
thanks....glad that wasn't a snake....it wudda bit me.

Follow-up, after reading your signature link (thanks, by the way) :

Looked at your data base, and for South Carolina, specifically Hilton Head's Grande Ocean and Barony, and Myrtle Beach's Oceanwatch, there are no sales in 2010 listed at all, and the ones in 2009 and 2008 are really irrelevant in the current conversation, seeing that they were not transacted in the midst (bottom) of this recession, during 2010. Prices from 2008 and early 2009 are still really high, almost what they were during "normal" years. Not even close to what they sell for right now.

This year's prices are the ones I'd be interested in seeing. There were a TON of resale purchases this year, and I'd still love to see a list made up of tuggers who bought resale Marriotts during 2010. I bought an Oceanwatch resale week this past Spring, and i'm sure many bought elsewhere.

The database is only as good as what people add to it. I don't add records, these are first hand experiences added by either seller, buyers, or in some cases a broker.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Let's add to dioxide's database NOW

The database is only as good as what people add to it. I don't add records, these are first hand experiences added by either seller, buyers, or in some cases a broker.

WOW, you offer such an interesting opportunity in that resale ROFR database.

If only EVERY TUGGER who bought or sold one in 2010 could add it to your database! It only takes one minute, really. I did add my Oceanwatch week which passed ROFR in May of 2010. I saw NO 2010 weeks at all listed, and that's a shame....OK, tuggers, get on it. I'm sure there are tons of weeks bought this year! see link at dioxide's signature at bottom. marty

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch!

in 2005 we paid $16,500 for a white week through Marriott resales. Aargh! Ohwell, we've enjoyed using that week.

Ouch! But I'm not laughing - you can image what we paid for our week at MOC. We must have been drinking too many tropical drinks that week.

tommac

Reaction score
When we visited, a white week in AS II was $17,000
We wanted Thanksgiving, a very nice time out there, owe owned in Rancho Las Palmas and spent 0 Thanksgivings out there. Glorious. But we fund out you need weeks to get the first choice. Now it is moot
Wonderful buy. We are going to sell a Red to get a white