• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Special Offer for Marriott Vacation Club® Points Owners:

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this tonight...

From now until October 31, Save 50% off the Vacation Club Points needed when you stay 3 nights or more at participating Marriott Vacation Club Collection* resorts!
But hurry! You must travel by October 31, 2010.

To take advantage of this limited-time Vacation Club Points offer, call your Vacation Ownership Advisor team. 888-MVCI-VOA (888-682-4862)

Participating Resorts
Marriott's BeachPlace Towers
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Marriott's Canyon Villas
Phoenix, Arizona
Marriott's Cypress Harbour
Orlando, Florida
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Palm Desert, California
Marriott's Grand Chateau
Las Vegas, Nevada
Marriott's Manor Club
Williamsburg, Virginia
Marriott's Shadow Ridge
Palm Desert, California
Marriott's Timber Lodge
South Lake Tahoe, California
Marriott's Villas at Doral
Miami, Florida
Owners must be current on maintenance fees and club dues to participate in this offer. Holding points can not be used with this offer. Vacation Club Points owners who have purchased points must have a closed contract in order to make a reservation using those points. Offer is subject to availability. Travel must be completed by October 31, 2010. Offer is subject to change and may be discontinued at any time without notice.

*The Marriott Vacation Club Collection is comprised of timeshare interests owned by the MVC Trust and available for usage through the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ timeshare plan and timeshare interests available for usage through the MVC Exchange Company; please see the applicable Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program documents for more information. Resorts with property that comprise the MVC Trust are described in the documents provided at the time of sale, and more particularly on the exhibit entitled Component Site Chart, which may be revised from time to time. Request for occupancy at resorts with small amounts of property in the MVC Trust, as set forth in the Component Site Chart, will be fulfilled primarily through the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program. As of 6/20/2010, there are currently timeshare interests located at 11 resorts owned by the MVC Trust and those resorts are designated with the symbol . As of 6/20/2010, there are currently 53 resorts, including the aforementioned 11 resorts, with timeshare interests available for exchange through the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, and those resorts are designated with the symbol . Marriott's BeachPlace Towers , Marriott's Canyon Villas , Marriott's Cypress Harbour , Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II , Marriott's Grand Chateau , Marriott's Manor Club , Marriott's Shadow Ridge , Marriott's Timber Lodge , Marriott's Villas at Doral . Please see the applicable Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program documents for more information.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Sparty, I just got the same offer but mine said 30% off..Was your really 50% or is that a mistake??? Mine listed the exact same resorts. I guess this is the first special offer to point owners.

Special Offer for Marriott Vacation Club® Points Owners:
From now until October 31, Save 30% off the Vacation Club Points needed when you stay 3 nights or more at participating Marriott Vacation Club Collection* resorts!

Brenda

TUG Member
Reaction score
50% off also

I received the offer for 50% discount also. maybe the difference is what level ownership. I am premiere plus.

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
30% for me -maybe I will squeeze in a short trip to MMC.

Maria

siberiavol

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do any of you who got the 50% offer already have reservations using points? Did anyone get the 50% offer who is not a premier plus?

I am trying to figure out the criteria for the offer.

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Better Deal

I'm going to Shadow Ridge on Oct 2nd for $300 for the week. And Tahoe for about $300 for the week (yes, two bedroom/full kitchen).

I'm renting these weeks through II. No points.

So how much is it going to cost point owners for these special 50%/30% deals????

No points for me, thank you. If anyone is tempted to buy points because this special offer from Marriott sounds wonderful, think again. These deals are for weeks that you can get for almost nothing.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Evidently we now have another class of ownership. I thought that when we purchased our units we were members of the Marriott Vacation Club International (MVCI). I am not a member of the Destination Club and have not received the above e mail. I feel I'm being treated like an airline standby coach passenger.

If Marriott wanted to they could make a similar offer to the owners of MVCI who are not in the points system. It's a way of Marriott clearing excess inventory. It's not new construction. Unless I missed something, non-members of the DC won't get the same opportunities. The II getaways are not as comprehensive as the list for DC members posted by the OP.

How many clubs are we expected to join in order to get fair treatment for our Marriott purchases? We already belong to three of them; MVCI (all they really do is collect maintenance fees or give sales pitches), The Florida Club (worthless IMO) and Interval International (good but not perfect). Enough is enough.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I got the same 50% offer, and am glad to see that Marriott has offered something with its new exchange system that's similar to II's Getaways. But as time goes on and more inventory is deposited to the DC Exchange Company I wonder if they'll be able to loosen up the limited time restriction - I hope so because six weeks isn't much of a window to work with.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Do any of you who got the 50% offer already have reservations using points? Did anyone get the 50% offer who is not a premier plus?

I am trying to figure out the criteria for the offer.

I am Premier Plus, have converted one week to Points and made a Points reservation, and have not purchased additional Points.

dls0210

TUG Member
Reaction score
No offer here

Hmmm...I haven't received any such offer. We own a legacy week and enrolled in the points program but have not traded our week for the points. We also bought 1000 points back in July. Wonder why I haven't received any such offer. Don't think I can use it in that short time frame, but wonder what else in the future I might miss out on. I know they have my email address, cause I got an email last week that our Plus Points were now in my account. Hmmm...

siberiavol

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got some answers on this offer. The plus members are the ones getting the 50% off offer. I am a plus owner and got the 30% off offer and VOA said I should haven't gotten 50% off offer. They would give me the 50% off if I wanted it. Obviously their book keeping is a little off but it appears VOA can correct it.

She indicated that these type promotional offers are likely to be seen periodically. It appears to me that Marriott is going to be doing something very similar to what they do in their reward program. They give special offers to their gold and platinum members. It is an incentive to stay at Marriott more in order to get to a certain level of benefits.

This could be used as a marketing tool to get people to enroll weeks or buy points to get to upgraded status. Short term discounted stays are a nice benefit that many Gold and Platinum Reward members use and strive for. I think this could prove to be a nice perk and possibly move some people who were on the fence to enroll.

hotcoffee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Premier member, and I got the 50% offer. So, it is not just limited to Premier-plus members.

Glad to see some special offers coming to DC members. The DC program is Marriott's program now. I wouldn't necessarily expect this offer to be to be sent to non-DC customers. This might be a prelude to future "getaway" offers.

However, I suspect that Marriott must have a lot of open weeks at those resorts. I would not think they would offer many specials (if any) for platinum weeks at their most popular resorts. I bet if they offered something like that for Hawaii, the inventory would be gone in a matter of hours (maybe even minutes!).

siberiavol

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Premier member, and I got the 50% offer. So, it is not just limited to Premier-plus members.

Glad to see some special offers coming to DC members. The DC program is Marriott's program now. I wouldn't necessarily expect this offer to be to be sent to non-DC customers. This might be a prelude to future "getaway" offers.

However, I suspect that Marriott must have a lot of open weeks at those resorts. I would not think they would offer many specials (if any) for platinum weeks at their most popular resorts. I bet if they offered something like that for Hawaii, the inventory would be gone in a matter of hours (maybe even minutes!).

This is a getaway type offer no doubt. Marriott hotels offer their deals on weekends or some other times when business is slow. A person could probably look at II's TDI(travel demand index) and have a pretty good idea of when these type of offerings might be coming.