• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NY area airports to The Manhattan Club

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Going to The Manhattan Club the end of April, arriving 8-9 pm. I will have one checked bag and small carryon. Of the airports, JFK, Newark and La Guardia, which do you recommend? Will be taking the train to Philadelphia after. Thanks

mbh

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I Recommend Newark

Just take the Air Train from the Airport ($13), then a cab or the #1 Subway either 2 stops to 51st st or 3 stops to 59th st and walk a few blocks. A cab from Newark to the city is very expensive ($80-100). JFK is a longer trip and LaGuardia is under construction, so I would avoid it entirely. If you do JFK, it is $52 flat fare plus tolls and tip or take the Air Train and then the E Train ($7.75) to 7th Ave and 53rd st and walk a few blocks. I'm sure others have their favorite ways. I am not a fan of the Airport Shuttle, it makes too many stops.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to The Manhattan Club the end of April, arriving 8-9 pm. I will have one checked bag and small carryon. Of the airports, JFK, Newark and La Guardia, which do you recommend? Will be taking the train to Philadelphia after. Thanks

Public transport would make JFK the best option. Air Train to the E and then to 7th Avenue. You are a block from the hotel.

LGA next. M60 bus to 106th and Broadway then the 1 train to 51st.

Newark. My head hurts.

You can catch an uber or taxi from all 3. LGA is cheapest for that.

mbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
A Caveat about LGA

There is massive construction there now. I have flown in and out of there twice in the last 2 weeks. Long, long lines for cabs and lots of traffic delays. If time is not a problem, then LGA is the closest.

ibcnu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Why bother with traffic?

Fly in to Newark and jump on the AirTran to NJTransit, 2 stops later and you are in NYC.

My daughter did this in July she checked in to the Hilton Club in Manhattan within an hour of getting off the plane in Newark.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why bother with traffic?

Fly in to Newark and jump on the AirTran to NJTransit, 2 stops later and you are in NYC.

My daughter did this in July she checked in to the Hilton Club in Manhattan within an hour of getting off the plane in Newark.
You are missing the E A or B train at the other end or the M104 bus or a taxi or User but yeah that's an approach.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Thanks for all your replies. I did not know about LGA and was considering that. You make it sound so easy from Newark.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
A contrary view: A yellow taxi from JFK to Manhattan is a fixed fare, approximately $65 once you include tolls and a few dollars tip. (plus a $4.50 rush hour surcharge if you're traveling between 4pm and 8pm on a weekday).

That's the price for the trip, not per person. If you're two, three or four people, that's not a bad price for door-to-door service.

Once you have your bags, walk out the terminal door and you'll see a well-organized line that matches travelers to taxis. The fixed fare will be on the meter, and you don't have to worry about being cheated (which is not the case if you let yourself fall in with any random people who offer you a ride when you're inside the terminal).

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We used Carmel Limo, recommended by someone on TUG I think, last year and plan to use them again this year. We went from JFK into Manhattan. You can usually find a coupon, on their website, that will give you a few dollars off. We found them to be extremely prompt and reliable.

https://www.carmellimo.com/campaigns/laborday2016/index.html

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
From California, just like Las Vegas, fly into JFK non-stop. Check out Jet Blue: comfy seats. We've flown into other airports including NJ and even SW into Long Island. Never again, I'll stick with JFK and Jet Blue when ever I can.

From JFK, take a limo for under $50 + tip, door-to-door, and cheaper than a cab, with a reservation. No screwing around with buses, trains, subways, long walks, stairs, etc., all with luggage. Why mess around?

If we go back to W57th Street next year, that's what we''ll do, again.

Last edited: