• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare-Answers??

RissieJ

Reaction score
So I am new to this thread, blog, and internet networking thing but I am a having been doing some research on how to get OUT of my last "up grade" or whatever with wyndham. I have more points then I can keep up with and I was suckered into more. I just talked to this company "Timeshare Answers" and they said they can get me out :ponder: anyone out there ever do biz with them?? I know there are a lot of scams but I feel like they are really out to help?? Not selling, renting, transfering, but disputing and I guess getting it.....voided? Is that possible? They want $2595.00 on a credit card so any dealing with them, please let me know of your outcome..I can't afford to be burned again..

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi and welcome to TUG! :hi:

I would never pay an upfront fee to one of these "recovery companies." You only have 60 days to dispute the charges and they will be sure to drag this out far beyond that date.

Have they sent you a written contract spelling out their services in black and white?

I wouldn't give them a cent until the do. My guess is either they won't send you a contract, or it will be meaningless, or it will state that they keep the upfront fee, regardless of the outcome.

Even if they promise a refund if you don't get out of your timeshare, how are you going to enforce the contract? Are you prepared to hire a lawyer and sue them?

On what grounds are the going to dispute the sale? Was fraud involved?

Last edited:

RissieJ

Reaction score
I've tried all that and still here it sit paying 2,432 per MONTH to wyndham. I still have 97 payments of 761 (not including maint) on this new one. I bought it because the salesman said it had rental/resale value (yeah right, can't believe I fell for that one)and I could pay off my other timeshare's with this one. I went to a lot of free timeshare listing sites and I find owners giving timeshare's away.. I can't do that or even come close :wall: am I doomed? I'd LOVE to just walk away from the timeshare but I owe...um..lets see.. another $100K! Yeah..I feel so stupid..

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I've never heard of someone with timeshare payments that high! Ouch!

What is your overall financial situation like? Are you to the point of declaring bankruptcy?

RissieJ

Reaction score
To your last question, yes, they sent me a contract and it says I get 100% money back if they are unable to get me out..but I don't know if that means much.. have you heard of ANY good outcomes in things like this? I'm a widow I just can no longer continue paying so much per month.. any glimmer of hope? Can it be possible? It does seem to good to be true but right now..I need it. I have good credit and I would like to avoid bankruptcy.. My sister and her husband filed bankruptcy and they still owned their Orange Lake timeshare as this was not something they could get rid of with it.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't blame you for now wanting to ruin your credit, but on the other hand, it seems like you have been sold a bill of goods.

I think you should get professional help from a financial planner. There are worse things than ruining your credit, and paying that kind of money for a timeshare might be one of them.

I would not pay this company an upfront fee - I'd get REAL help from a professional ASAP!

cbm32

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long ago did you guy the take on this last contract?

RissieJ

Reaction score
You are right on que with that one! Too much money for something I can't even use. I have an attorney friend and he was unable to help with getting me out of the timeshare because the ole "letter of the law" thing but has agreed to look at the contract sent to me by timeshare answers and let me know if it holds water.. looks all fancy to me but what do I know..I'm the one giving my yearly wages to a resort :clap: !!

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
Just on the off chance ... have you spoken to Wyndham? I was recently able to give back a membership with a vacation club (WIVC) by asking nicely (ok, I begged). Can't hurt to ask.

RissieJ

Reaction score
Just on the off chance ... have you spoken to Wyndham? I was recently able to give back a membership with a vacation club (WIVC) by asking nicely (ok, I begged). Can't hurt to ask.

I asked but they said they do not them back :confused: but I still owe on mine so...maybe thats why? I've owned with them for awhile and always paid and have been a loyal owner but this guy who sold me the last one said if I bought this new contract, the next year I could go back and Wyndham would roll my deeds into one and I could sell the whole thing but of course said Wyndham would wants first dibbs.. Well, I did as he said and now, I'm being told NO. They won't take it back EVEN though their saleman told me this! They said I had to sell it on my own and I've tried and no go..I feel trapped but maybe I should call them everyday and tire them into saying yes :whoopie:

cbm32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Two years is tough. I have been able to get two contracts rescinded but the longest out was about four or five months if memory serves.

Do you just want out of the most recent contract or all of them or what?

RissieJ

Reaction score
Ouch. Two years is tough. I have been able to get two contracts rescinded but the longest out was about four or five months if memory serves.

Do you just want out of the most recent contract or all of them or what?

At this point I want nothing to do with them at all.. this last go round, they lied and are not willing to live up to their end all the while demanding I live up to mine..I hate to sound like a child, but no fair

RissieJ

Reaction score
This has to be a typo, right?

I wish..I have 3 contract with wyndham and no, no typo. I bought the last one to roll all deeds into one and sell or wyndham was going to buy back or so I was told but never happened.

RissieJ

Reaction score
So I am new to this thread, blog, and internet networking thing but I am a having been doing some research on how to get OUT of my last "up grade" or whatever with wyndham. I have more points then I can keep up with and I was suckered into more. I just talked to this company "Timeshare Answers" and they said they can get me out :ponder: anyone out there ever do biz with them?? I know there are a lot of scams but I feel like they are really out to help?? Not selling, renting, transfering, but disputing and I guess getting it.....voided? Is that possible? They want $2595.00 on a credit card so any dealing with them, please let me know of your outcome..I can't afford to be burned again..

Well, I did it. I signed up. I had my late husbands friend (an attorney) look at their contract and he said it was decent and written well to protect both parties so..here goes nothing! It seems to be good and at least when I call, they answer. Worth a shot but I told the girl I talked to from there that if this doesn't go as she says, I'm telling the world..AKA TUG..if it does work, tears of joy:bawl: !!! and from there on out, I'm only buying RESALE lol!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
You just cannot protect some people from themselves

This poor person has just been scammed again

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This seems to be following a familiar script.........

I would bet $10 they will be back saying they are free from the timeshare.

RissieJ

Reaction score
You just cannot protect some people from themselves

This poor person has just been scammed again
Well, gee thanks but where were you yesterday when I asked about them :shrug: Have you done business with them or know someone who has done business with them directly? I've been round and round with this timeshare biz as a whole and I know whats out there. I also know that if I do nothing, I'll end up paying another 100k on this contract with wyndham so..what the hey. I have a contract in black and white and I had an attorney review it before I signed. So I'm not a complete idiot. I've heard a lot of horror stories but none about them directly. If they live up to this, I win big. If they don't, I'll lose but with a contract to hold them to. I'll post the outcome either way.

RissieJ

Reaction score
This seems to be following a familiar script.........

I would bet $10 they will be back saying they are free from the timeshare.

So you've heard of them? and if someone does tell me that..well I'd pay more than $10!!:cool:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Luck. We wish you well as you are definitely swimming against the current. I sympathize with you for the pickle you got yourself into, unfortunately that is what it is.

It will be interesting to see what kind of tactic your outfit will use to spring you from this contract. I'd think that Wyndham would be very reluctant to terminate a contract with a customer who buys direct and pays their bills. Nearly $2500/mo income is hard to turn down from their perspective.

Keep us posted as this progresses. Curious minds want to know.

Jim Ricks

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I signed up. I had my late husbands friend (an attorney) look at their contract and he said it was decent and written well to protect both parties so..here goes nothing! It seems to be good and at least when I call, they answer. Worth a shot but I told the girl I talked to from there that if this doesn't go as she says, I'm telling the world..AKA TUG..if it does work, tears of joy:bawl: !!! and from there on out, I'm only buying RESALE lol!

Call your credit card company ASAP and let them know you have been scammed. You are still less than 24 hours out and should be able to dispute this transaction. SEE THE LINK THAT DeniseM posthed in this thread.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to second, third, and fourth the suggestions to cancel this deal, call your credit card company to dispute the charge, contact an attorney who does work with real estate/timeshares/contracts, and talk to a financial planner.

I think it would also be helpful to know more about your situation. Does your $2400 per month payment include your maintenance fees? You must have millions of points, so you should be able to rent many of them out to cover some of your fees in the meantime. I'd also guess that you must be Platinum VIP, so you will be able to rent points at a discount and get unit upgrades and free guest certificates. While you do battle with Wyndham over this, I think it would be helpful to at least recoup some of your costs.

Second, what has Timeshare Answers indicated that they will do to get your money back? I would not give ANYBODY $3000 unless I knew exactly what I was getting for that money. A vague promise that they'll get your money back is not going to cut it. Even the money back guarantee is likely to be useless.

In terms of contacting an attorney, I know you mentioned you already did that. The attorney said the contract seemed fine. I'm sure it would. It's designed to look legitimate. If any/all of these timeshare recovery companies were totally on the up-and-up, I'm sure your attorney would be right. However, people on this forum have seen your situation dozens (if not hundreds) of times. Your attorney likely has never dealt with this before. Scam companies are very clever and creative. If you look at the old thread for Sierra Resorts and Rentals, one poster on that also took her contract to her attorney and got the thumbs up. The problem was that Sierra was a scam from start to finish, so there was no way to enforce the contract. Despite warnings from many on TUG, the post paid $5000 or more to the scam company and got nothing for it. A law degree doesn't grant special knowledge about timeshares and timeshare scams. Only years of experience "in the trenches" will do it.

I would recommend finding an attorney who can work with you on this contract. It sounds like there must have been more serious misrepresentation than usual to convince someone to spend $2400 per month. I'd rather spend my money actually filing a lawsuit against Wyndham than paying an upfront fee company. And as Denise pointed out, even bankruptcy or credit damage might be worth it to get out of paying that kind of money every month. What ISN'T worth it is spending $3000 you said you can't afford to lose on something that is likely to get you nowhere and do nothing for you.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Answers??, RissieJ? You got some very good advice here.

I guess you didn't find what you were looking for because you chose to go forward anyway. :doh: This is a very sad thread because there was no stopping you. :bawl:

I gotta feeling this thread will make the next TUG Newsletter.