• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Game of Thrones

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I really need to escape from reality sometimes. Indeed, the main reason we started timesharing was to force me to take real vacations and relax. That being said, the second season of "Game of Thrones" on HBO was fantastic. My wife does not particularly care for the Dungeons and Dragons genre but I do. HBO even has an AP and website for behind the scene information on the series. I think the baby dragons are adorable. My sister, use to go to school wearing her live pet horned toad on her blouse. She is a "Game of Thrones" fan as well and loves the dragons. Are there anyother Tuggers who enjoy the series?

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I really need to escape from reality sometimes. Indeed, the main reason we started timesharing was to force me to take real vacations and relax. That being said, the second season of "Game of Thrones" on HBO was fantastic. My wife does not particularly care for the Dungeons and Dragons genre but I do. HBO even has an AP and website for behind the scene information on the series. I think the baby dragons are adorable. My sister, use to go to school wearing her live pet horned toad on her blouse. She is a "Game of Thrones" fan as well and loves the dragons. Are there anyother Tuggers who enjoy the series?

Best show ever.

H

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Read the books!

Kasper1014

Reaction score
Love Game of Thrones!!!! I started reading the books as I'm too impatient for season 3 to start. :D

kherbold

TUG Member
Reaction score
thrones

Ever since accidentally stumbling upon the first episode, I have fallen in love with the series.... I can't wait.

By the way.. I watch all episodes..... and tv is hard to come by here in Mexico at this site.. all past shows are there as well.

http://www.tubeplus.me/

Only watch the movies if they have a DVD symbol .. if not they are just someones video camera version.

Enjoy :)

karl

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Started reading the books and am now on Book 2, don't want to see the HBO show until after I finished, although I did see season 1 prior to starting the 1st book. Would recommend reading the books and I am not a big fantasy reader.

Donna

Gillespie88

Reaction score
Read the books!

The best advice:)
Game of Thrones is an awesome TV show, Sean Bean is one of my most faved actors and he is playing great as usually. Although there is a lot of incest and nudity it's still interesting and engrossing.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I concur. I finished book five a few weeks ago. It runs during the same time frame as book four but in a different part of the world.

First few books were wonderful. At 1000 pages each, they take time to get through, but worth it. Fourth book, OK, but getting slow. But the fifth book? I had a lot of trouble slogging through it. It's long past time for the author to pull the threads together and give us a conclusion.

-Bob

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've been listening to the audio books. My son watches the show. We try to compare notes but I'm afraid he's going to give too much away. We do tend to talk about direwolves an awful lot. :)

Deb

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
ditto!

My brother drives a lot for his job...he did it through the audio books.

But I do agree, at more than a thousand pages each, you would think things would be coming together by now...

Ever hear of Robert Jordan and his series? Guess how many pages that was...

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best show on TV.

Totally not my cup of tea but I was riveted after first episode and DH and I watch it now all the time. After the first season, I devoured all the books before season 2 started.

The season finale was last weekend and it was spectacular!

Definitely not a show for kids though...

channimal

TUG Member
Reaction score
to bump, and not start another GoT thread :) I LOVE this series. I'm not subscribed to HBO but I'll either catch a prior season on itunes.. or when Comcast has free HBO weekend. Just so happens this past week end HBO was free and I had a weekend long GoT marathon.. WOW! Season 3 episode9 was brutal and shocking and had my mouth open the entire time!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
halfway thru the first book myself...and have watched season 1 of the HBO series.

keeps me entertained for sure!

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a good series that I enjoy. I actually like Boardwalk Empire (also by HBO) a little better.

However, my favorite show by a mile is The Walking Dead. I can't wait for the new season premiere on Oct 13th.

Another very good series is Breaking Bad which is also on AMC. It's kinda a black comedy, bitch!

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above. Boardwalk Empire is my favorite, and Thrones second. Cant wait to see what happens to good king Joffrey. I hear season three offers some interesting scenes.

Dexter use to be my favorite but it got too weird. Kind of glad it's coming to an end. I've never heard of the "Walking Dead". What station is that one?

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of the "Walking Dead". What station is that one?

It's only the highest rated show on cable. The season 3 finale this spring had 12.5 million viewers. You can see the first 2 seasons on Netflix and the 3rd season on iTunes. Season 4 begins on Oct 13. It's on AMC which is on fire right now because they also produce Breaking Bad.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-3-finale-ratings-431948

The premise sounds ridiculous (zombie apocalypse) and its normally a genre that wouldn't interest me, but the acting and story lines are phenominal! It's really about how people would behave and react in an apocalyptic situation which makes it seem very realistic. I told my wife she had to watch it - I couldn't put my iPad down for days. She was reticent at first, but once she started watching it she became hooked on it also.

It's probably my all time favorite series!

Last edited:

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's only the highest rated show on cable. The season 3 finale this spring had 12.5 million viewers. You can see the first 2 seasons on Netflix and the 3rd season on iTunes. Season 4 begins on Oct 13. It's on AMC which is on fire right now because they also produce Breaking Bad.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-3-finale-ratings-431948

The premise sounds ridiculous (zombie apocalypse) and its normally a genre that wouldn't interest me, but the acting and story lines are phenominal! It's really about how people would behave and react in an apocalyptic situation which makes it seem very realistic. I told my wife she had to watch it - I couldn't put my iPad down for days. She was reticent at first, but once she started watching it she became hooked on it also.

It's probably my all time favorite series!

The audio books are fantastic. I listened to them all before the show really started taking off. The series was intended to be three books, but according to the author things took a life of their own and it has evolved into his now defined limit of seven. The next book will be called Winds of Winter and if you google around you can find chapters the author has released as teasers. The first book was released in 1996, with the fifth and most recent being released in July 2011. It took six years for him to release the fifth novel so we all might be waiting a while for the series to be wrapped up.

channimal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm an avid reader. How far off is the series from the books? I finished watching season 3. Would I be bored numb going back and starting the books?

The audio books are fantastic. I listened to them all before the show really started taking off. The series was intended to be three books, but according to the author things took a life of their own and it has evolved into his now defined limit of seven. The next book will be called Winds of Winter and if you google around you can find chapters the author has released as teasers. The first book was released in 1996, with the fifth and most recent being released in July 2011. It took six years for him to release the fifth novel so we all might be waiting a while for the series to be wrapped up.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I find the books and the first HBO season are pretty close (being a bit more than halfway thru the first book)

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some differences but nothing ridiculous. There is a whole plot line for John Stark and his wife that never happens directly in the book, its always told 3rd person. Also I think there are a few differences in the Dynarys Targarian(horrible spelling) plot line. HBO is doing a good job otherwise.

Normally its tough for me to read a book (Harry Potter and more recently World War Z) and then see a live action version because 90% of the time they are terrible. Very disappointed by Harry Potter movies.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
The stories between book and TV start to separate by this past season, as many of the best characters simply disappear for an entire book starting book 4. On TV, those characters are given "minor tasks" and roles that don't exist just to keep them occupied and not forgotten (Spider...). Much will have to change for TV with regards to books 4 and 5 since they are divided in a strange way (1/2 the characters appear in book 4 and 1/2 in book 5 but the story takes place simultaneously). I think at one point I had read over 500 pages without Tyrion being mentioned once!

Unfortunately, I think the books fall off a cliff after book 3. But the TV series has the potential to be distilled down into a much tighter script that is easier to follow and doesn't end senselessly, the way some of the book characters do. In the books, many, many characters are introduced that just sort of come and go and ultimately have no major role in the plot moving forward and it becomes a bit of a mess to follow. And just when you have figured out who they are and how they relate to others, they ZAP, disappear and never are heard from again (or worse, die). Hopefully the TV show will flush out some of these annoying side-tracks and keep things interesting.