• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best timeshare resort with 2 kids under 5

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be planning a February trip to the Caribbean in 2014. We are looking for suggestions. Here are some of the criteria:

1) Easy flight from DC or Baltimore (prefer non-stops).
2) Easy access to beach and pool. We don't plan on going on any/many out of resort excursions.
3) Easy access to a supermarket to pick up breakfast, lunch, fruit, and some dinner items.
4) Easy access to nearby affordable, local cuisine restaurants for some lunches and dinners.

What's the deal with toddlers and car seats in the Caribbean?

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be planning a February trip to the Caribbean in 2014. We are looking for suggestions. Here are some of the criteria:

1) Easy flight from DC or Baltimore (prefer non-stops).
2) Easy access to beach and pool. We don't plan on going on any/many out of resort excursions.
3) Easy access to a supermarket to pick up breakfast, lunch, fruit, and some dinner items.
4) Easy access to nearby affordable, local cuisine restaurants for some lunches and dinners.

What's the deal with toddlers and car seats in the Caribbean?

Marriott Aruba Surf Club

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go take a look at the resort reviews......

There are lots of great resorts....of course Atlantis is basically at the top of most people's list but take a look at the other resort reviews and see what looks interesting and what you might be able to trade into during your choice period.

Enjoy......

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like to stay in the USVI while ours are little in case soybeans stuffed up the nose necessitate visits to the hospital (yup - happened on our last timeshare trip...) Also the flights are a good bit shorter.

That said, St. John Westin is amazing, Marriott Frenchman's cove is great but the surf might be a little hard for munchkins, Chenay Bay in St. Croix isn't much of a resort but we really liked St Croix and the beach is super quiet.

Also we went before kids but we liked the Hacienda del Mar in Puerto Rico.

Best of luck!

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I would look at Aruba, there are direct flights with Airtran out of BWI. The Marriott Surf Club would be nice place to stay if you can trade in or maybe rent a unit from a member, it is large though.

Donna

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
Harborside Resort at Atlantis Bahamas.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Both of the suggestions would be a great choice.

Donna

Anne S

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP is planning a trip for February. The Atlantis is in Nassau, which is in the Atlantic, and can be rather chilly in the winter. For warm weather, I would recommend going further south. Aruba would be a good choice. Great beaches, easy access to supermarkets and restaurants, reasonable car rental rates.

And if you are planning to rent a car, you can also rent car seats.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I'd also recommend the Surf Club in Aruba. I think the Harborside would be best when the kids are a bit older. It's very exp., and the kids couldn't do most of the "fun stuff." Also, as posted above, the weather can be very iffy that time of year; 2 years ago we were on an airport shuttle back to Avistar after having spent a glorious week in Aruba and met a family who was returning from Atlantis. The Mom wore her Uggs all week- said it didn't go above 55 for the week. I know that's unusual for there, but who wants to risk cool weather at a large water park?

Aruba is safe, direct flights, easy access to restaurants and the resort is beachfront, so easy access even with toddlers. Very kid friendly too. Villas are large, and very conducive even for 3 generation traveling.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Harborside and absolutely love it. Bit I agree with the recommendations for Aruba based on weather and kids' ages.

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the Marriott Aruba Surf Club feel more like a generic beach Marriott plopped into Aruba or a tropical resort that just so happens to be a Marriott?

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the Marriott Aruba Surf Club feel more like a generic beach Marriott plopped into Aruba or a tropical resort that just so happens to be a Marriott?

The Surf Club is a timeshare. It is next to the Ocean Club, which in turn is next to the Marriott hotel. I am not sure what you mean by a generic beach Marriott vs a tropical resort. Is the propery as lush as the El Conquistador in Puerto Rico, or some of the Hawaiian properties--no, but it is not just a hotel plopped on the beach.

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Surf Club is a timeshare. It is next to the Ocean Club, which in turn is next to the Marriott hotel. I am not sure what you mean by a generic beach Marriott vs a tropical resort. Is the propery as lush as the El Conquistador in Puerto Rico, or some of the Hawaiian properties--no, but it is not just a hotel plopped on the beach.

hmm...how do I explain - Does the Marriott in Aruba feel more like the US vs. say an island resort in Saint Lucia which is/was not very developed when I was there years ago.

Is Aruba (where the Marriott is located) similar to Cancun in terms of development?

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't have to use the week before it expires, Club Med might be a more relaxing vacation. The kids may be free or low cost and they have their own groups to keep them busy. Go to the east coast in the summer for the kids.