• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are my chances

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just started an ongoing search with RCI for Barbados for April or May 2014. I listed the three resorts that I feel give us what we look for in an Island Resort. I listed The Bougainvilla, The Crane and The South Beach Hotel. Reguesting a one bedromm for 4 as there will be 4 adults on our trip and two bedrooms don't seem to exist there. What are my chances of getting the exchange? searching with 50 week credits.

We actually want to stay for two weeks but figured I would start search for one week and if I get it, the start search for second week either before or after what ever week we get.

Suzanne

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I just started an ongoing search with RCI for Barbados for April or May 2014. I listed the three resorts that I feel give us what we look for in an Island Resort. I listed The Bougainvilla, The Crane and The South Beach Hotel. Reguesting a one bedromm for 4 as there will be 4 adults on our trip and two bedrooms don't seem to exist there. What are my chances of getting the exchange? searching with 50 week credits.

We actually want to stay for two weeks but figured I would start search for one week and if I get it, the start search for second week either before or after what ever week we get.

Suzanne

Others will report their experience, but I've had a long running trade request in RCI for the Crane and it's never hit (trying RCI weeks). I think I have Bougainvillea in that request too.

I believe others have some success with RCI Points, but I personally am skeptical about either of those two properties hitting.

I hope others have an optimistic view?

Best,

Greg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes, both the Crane Residential Resort (#6390) and the Bougainvillea Beach Resort (#3686) are available via RCI but April & May 2014 may be long gone by now.

TIP: Do a search on the sighting forum, I've posted my sightings for both of these resorts. I generally see availability at the 10 month mark in RCI Points using my HGVC account.

For example:
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179298&highlight=crane
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199942&highlight=crane
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152683&highlight=crane

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199943&highlight=3686
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179299&highlight=3686
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153593&highlight=3686

Good Luck :)

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I was at the Crane last march, booked it using points in May, appr 10 month prior.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I will wait and see if anything pops up over next month if not will try for a different area based on where the rest of the group wants to go.

Suzanne

Anne S

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to add Sand Acres to your request. It is right next to the Bougainvillea, and shares its facilities. Actually I believe it is now part of Bougainvillea, but RCI still lists it as a separate resort. And frankly, it is much preferable to South Beach Hotel, in my opinion. (And yes, I have stayed at both.)

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ann. We have also stayed at both. Reason for South Beach is to put us at a calmer ocean area for swimming. The surf at Bougainvillea and Sand Acres was to rough for swimming when we were there a few years ago. Since we want 2 weeks one week there would work out for the 4 of us.

Suzanne

Anne S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ann. We have also stayed at both. Reason for South Beach is to put us at a calmer ocean area for swimming. The surf at Bougainvillea and Sand Acres was to rough for swimming when we were there a few years ago. Since we want 2 weeks one week there would work out for the 4 of us.

Suzanne

And yet you request Bougainvillea, despite the rough surf? :confused: The reason I suggested Sand Acres was because I often see it on line (that's how I got it three times), so I imagine that it would be an easier trade than either the Crane or Bougainvillea.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. When we were there in 2007, DH and I stayed at the Bougainvillea and our friends stayed at Sand Acres. The surf was very rough during the week we were there. The Sand Acres unit our friends had was not as nice as the one DH and I had at the Bougainvillea. We thought that if we could get one week at either the Crane or the South Beach with the 2nd week at Bougainvillea we would have one week with a calmer beach and surf area and use the week at the Bougainvillea to do all our island sightseeing trips and our snorkeling trip. Thus we would have best of both worlds. But of course that's all dependent on RCI coming up with a unit for us and our friends.

Suzanne

And yet you request Bougainvillea, despite the rough surf? :confused: The reason I suggested Sand Acres was because I often see it on line (that's how I got it three times), so I imagine that it would be an easier trade than either the Crane or Bougainvillea.

Anne S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. When we were there in 2007, DH and I stayed at the Bougainvillea and our friends stayed at Sand Acres. The surf was very rough during the week we were there. The Sand Acres unit our friends had was not as nice as the one DH and I had at the Bougainvillea. We thought that if we could get one week at either the Crane or the South Beach with the 2nd week at Bougainvillea we would have one week with a calmer beach and surf area and use the week at the Bougainvillea to do all our island sightseeing trips and our snorkeling trip. Thus we would have best of both worlds. But of course that's all dependent on RCI coming up with a unit for us and our friends.

Suzanne

Our most recent stay at the Sand Acres was June 2012. Our one bedrom was the corner unit closest to the beach, on the second floor, with an unobstructed view of the Sand Acres beach from the balcony, and a view of the Bougainvillea beach from the living room window. I loved it! Our previous stay was also in a one bedroom. I much preferred Sand Acres because it was quieter, and the views were so much better than those form the Bougainvillea, unless you were lucky enough to get a unit overlooking the beach. And since you can use the facilities at the Bougainvillea you really have the best of both worlds. (But of course this is just my own opinion.)

As for the beach, both sides tend to have rather more surf than I would prefer. But when we stayed at South Beach the surf at the beach across the street was pretty strong, so we ended up going to other, calmer beaches on the west side.

Hope it all works out for you!