• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PV Villa del Palmar or Villa del Mar ?

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which would you choose in PV? a 1-bd Villa del Palmar or a 2-bd Villa del Mar? Do you think the 2-bd Villa del Mar would get me a better unit location. and is the Villa del Mar quieter, or is Villa del Palmar a nicer quality resort?

I need your expertise and experience in order to make a decision. I have to say that I'm not that enthralled with either one of them, but I do want a week close in to PV as I've not been there before. Villa del Palmar reviews run from hot to cold and I can't see much for Del Mar at all. My other weeks will be in NV.

So, for all those who know or have experienced either or both resorts, I'd really appreciate hearing from you. I have to make a quick decision. Thanks so much in advance for your time.

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at both resorts, although many years ago. Del Mar, I believe, is along the main road into town. Palmar is right behind Del Mar and closer to the beach. Of the two, Palmar is much nicer and quieter. The pool is nicer too.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
Villa del Palmar is ocean front, for the most part. Villa del Mar isn't. With VDPM you have a chance of getting an ocean view unit; with VDM you don't. The main pool at VDPM, because of resort activities, can be loud; the pool at VDM is referred to as the quiet pool. Both VDPM and VDM have some units on the main drag where the traffic noise and exhaust fumes lessen the enjoyment of the units. IF, and it is a big if during peak season, you get at VDM unit away from the main drag or if you get a VDPM unit with an ocean view, you could easily have an enjoyable resort stay. If you get a street front unit, you'll wish you had stayed elsewhere. I've had great stays and miserable stays at VDPM. Unit location is very important at both resorts.

Paula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calyn79 said:
Which would you choose in PV? a 1-bd Villa del Palmar or a 2-bd Villa del Mar? Do you think the 2-bd Villa del Mar would get me a better unit location. and is the Villa del Mar quieter, or is Villa del Palmar a nicer quality resort?

I need your expertise and experience in order to make a decision. I have to say that I'm not that enthralled with either one of them, but I do want a week close in to PV as I've not been there before. Villa del Palmar reviews run from hot to cold and I can't see much for Del Mar at all. My other weeks will be in NV.

So, for all those who know or have experienced either or both resorts, I'd really appreciate hearing from you. I have to make a quick decision. Thanks so much in advance for your time.

Hi Marilynn,

We owned in VDP IN PV before we bought in the FLAMINGOS, I think I suggested to you if you could get the Westin Regina you would really like the resort and the location as it is on the Marina and next to the Marriott. A bus from there will go straight into Centro.

I would suggest you book Villa Del Palma and try to get into Building 1 or 8 they are the closest to the beach, we stayed in Building 8 and that is the newest building but have also stayed in building 1 top floor. Villa del Mar has the quieter pool but units are much older and all are quite dark, they are not on the beach but stuck behind the Qualton Club, which has now changed names I think. All of VDP I think is noisy and pools right now are so full I was having to dred over people to get to the beach. We visited there this week to meet friends but could not wait to get back to the VDP FLAMINGOS. If staying in Palmar you can always use the quieter pool you just wonder between the two Palma and Del Mar. Bus directly out front on a very noisy road. I think the Westin Regina is much nicer although at the Marina which is not that far from VDP. Any more help, just email me, you have my email address from our Flamingos emails. Bye, P :)

bestbuyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Boston Custom House
We are off to Villa del Palmar Flamingos in April. Hope it will be enjoyable. We stayed at Paradise Village Beach Resort a few years ago and had a ball. I highly recommend the jungle canopy tour....
Any restaurant suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Doc107

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flamingos

Does anyone happen to have a map of the Villa Del Palmar Flamingos? We're staying for two weeks in unit UUU1

Thanks

ripshion

Reaction score
Doc107 said:
Does anyone happen to have a map of the Villa Del Palmar Flamingos? We're staying for two weeks in unit UUU1

Thanks

The units there I think are all floating, units are assigned upon check-in etc. Hope this helps.

Paula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doc107 said:

Thanks

Hi, we are at the Flamingos right now for 8 weeks and units are assigned upon check in as the previous poster mentioned. However, you can phone a week before then a couple of days before and request a unit if you know of one you especially like the location of. All 1-2 bdrm units have a lovely views, Building 1, Building 2(main/lobby) looks out over the whole resort(lovely views and sunsets) and the latest is Building 3. The lower your unit number the closest you are to the beach i.e. 1 or 3, - etc etc. B3(sunny side morning) 3402-3-4 just giving you an example. If you are exchanging using Interval that must be their code, all weeks at the FLAMINGOS using either 1 and 2 bdrm units at VDP FLAMINGOS ARE FLOATING, EXCEPT FOR THE OCEAN FRONT 3 BDRMS. they are fixed, that's how it was explained to us. Good luck, you will love it here.

Paula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paula said:
Hi Marilynn,

We owned in VDP IN PV before we bought in the FLAMINGOS, I think I suggested to you if you could get the Westin Regina you would really like the resort and the location as it is on the Marina and next to the Marriott. A bus from there will go straight into Centro.

I would suggest you book Villa Del Palma and try to get into Building 1 or 8 they are the closest to the beach, we stayed in Building 8 and that is the newest building but have also stayed in building 1 top floor. Villa del Mar has the quieter pool but units are much older and all are quite dark, they are not on the beach but stuck behind the Qualton Club, which has now changed names I think. All of VDP I think is noisy and pools right now are so full I was having to dred over people to get to the beach. We visited there this week to meet friends but could not wait to get back to the VDP FLAMINGOS. If staying in Palmar you can always use the quieter pool you just wonder between the two Palma and Del Mar. Bus directly out front on a very noisy road. I think the Westin Regina is much nicer although at the Marina which is not that far from VDP. Any more help, just email me, you have my email address from our Flamingos emails. Bye, P :)

Hi Marilynn: What a surprise, I walked over to the Playa De Sol Grande which is the next resort to the FLAMINGOS and met my friend and TUGGER. We started to chat and I mentioned my connection with you in Port Hardy well her faced dropped and she said well I have been emailing that lady as well regarding SAYULITA, well wasn't that a coinsidence(small world). We both know Zibby, a lovely lady from California, yes she is here now in the next resort, we will see her tomorrow so I will mention that I have let you know we are pals and meet every year in PV, she said to say Hi, and to enjoy the Hotel/Villa in Sayulita at Christmas. P.

Calyn79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paula said:
We both know Zibby, a lovely lady from California, yes she is here now in the next resort, we will see her tomorrow so I will mention that I have let you know we are pals and meet every year in PV, she said to say Hi, and to enjoy the Hotel/Villa in Sayulita at Christmas. P.
Hey - Hola guys! What a small world. Yes, Zibby, along with yourself, have been very gracious and kind to supply me with PV information I was wondering about. It has been nice getting to know both of you in this way and hopefully we may meet up at some time too. Say, Hi to Zibby for me. She was a great help in providing 1st-hand info. for Sayulito and a connection that has worked out there for us. I mailed my bank draft off yesterday to secure Casa Higuero. I don't think I would have found it w/o her. I've been accumulating tourist info. about mid-Vancouver Island interests for her return.

We are all very fortunate to have the wealth of info. at TUG and I'm getting a little braver about connecting with people too due to my PV search. Just wish I was finding the sun with you now, although we have been treated to very nice sunny skies here of late. Cool though. It should last until at least I get out of Vancouver. I don't want the planes grounded or delayed due to a dump of snow as we leave on Friday.
Adios amigos. /Marilynn