• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to find out who lives in a particular house

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
My husband is a volunteer firefighter. Every time there is a house fire, I am always curious if the house he is at is someone I know. Is there a website that I can use to put in an address that will give me the homeowners name?

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband is a volunteer firefighter. Every time there is a house fire, I am always curious if the house he is at is someone I know. Is there a website that I can use to put in an address that will give me the homeowners name?

I use the property appraisor website for the county that the house is located in. Each site is different so I can't say if your county site would be easy to use but it's worth a try. On mine, I have the option to enter address or name or subdivision, etc. and then get all the info on the house. Great for buying and selling and renting!

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the same thing, but you have to realize that many counties do not put that info online. The next best is a reverse number lookup site. 411locate is not the only one. If you can't find it there, try another.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liberated myself from bulky phone books a while ago. Threw them out and now only use www.411.com which also has a reverse lookup feature.

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
411.com works great. Thank You.[/QUOTEI

Is this free? I've found so many "find" sites charge a fee once they locate the info, but it doesn't tell you until you've completed the search.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ann-Marie,
Why not join the Red Cross as a disaster action team member? You would then be one of the responders who help assess what people need after a fire and guide them to help for their immediate needs.

Fern

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use the property appraisor website for the county that the house is located in.

That would tell you who owns the house, not who lives in the house. That isn't quite the same thing if you are renting.

-David

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
www.411.com is free.

Once in a while, if you are searching for a number that turns out to be unlisted, they will give you an option to do a further search, which would cost more money. But you can get all the information you get from a phone book, plus reverse phone and reverse address, for free.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ann-Marie,
Why not join the Red Cross as a disaster action team member? You would then be one of the responders who help assess what people need after a fire and guide them to help for their immediate needs.

Fern

Fern I would love to do something like that. However, for years I was the one to stay home with my kids, and now we babysit full time, so I still stay home with kids. Our town is so small that most of the time the FD gets a good handle on a fire, and not too many people are displaced. Only once in my 31 years living here has there been a fire where the Red Cross had to come and relocate people. We only have a small 2 story townhouse complex. We do not have any apartment buildings.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I once lived in a town such as the one you describe, with very few apartments. And yet people were displaced, when houses caught on fire. Usually in the middle of the night. My husband was a disaster responder for Red Cross when we lived there. It takes a special kind of person to do this.

Fern

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would tell you who owns the house, not who lives in the house. That isn't quite the same thing if you are renting.

-David

You are absolutely correct! I didn't think of that when I posted. Still... the county sites are awful handy for lots of stuff :)

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
When I was trying to look after my mother from 400 miles away, on one of the online phone directories you could put in an address and look at an entire neighborhood.

She was shocked when I knew everyone around her.

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

-David

Well...., not always. I looked up the house next door, cause I would like to track down the landlord and exchange a few words with him:mad: , but the info it gave me was the name and phone number of the previous renter.

Banker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, that was quite interesting! I went to our county's tax commissioner's website and plugged in our address and saw what we paid in taxes, when it was received, value of the house, etc. I was curious and put in all of our neighbor's addresses also. I never went to this site before, quite revealing!