• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lymphoma - it can happen to me - and did

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Good News!!! It's good news from the pathology. Indolent lymphoma between stage 1 and 2. Very good prognosis.

And very possibly no treatment now - you may hear about "watch and wait."

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Good News!!! It's good news from the pathology. Indolent lymphoma between stage 1 and 2. Very good prognosis. I will be seeing an oncologist at Fox Chase next week - but doctors are VERY optimistic and SO AM I!!!!! I can't begin to describe how the support I have received from family, close friends, and Tug friends and beyond have made this week bearable. Strong armies know not to turn their back on the enemy and of course I will follow through with doctor's orders, but my gut says I'm going to be fine!!!

That is the best news I have heard all day!!

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
got worse

It's not so good - it's aggressive. Chemo starts tuesday but first the fun. Bone Biopsy. How bad is it???

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
It's not so good - it's aggressive. Chemo starts tuesday but first the fun. Bone Biopsy. How bad is it???

Bone marrow aspirate? Or bone biopsy of a bony lesion somewhere?

H

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Ellen,
If you are having a bone marrow biopsy be sure to request that they sedate you. You will need to have someone with you to drive you home if you are sedated. I have had about 9 of these already with and without sedation. If you are not sedated you will feel it and it does hurt but only lasts for a few minutes mostly when they snip a peice of bone. After it is done you will be a little sore but not that bad. It never bothered me afterwards. I hope I am not scaring you but you did ask. Request to be sedated. If it was not planned call the office and ask about it.

Prayers going your way and you will beat this!!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although it turns out aggressive, you caught it early. Hang in there, Ellen. Keeping you in our thoughts through this.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hang in there, Ellen! We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Wishing you only the best....
Having caught it in the early stages will hopefully make a big difference and make an easier road to recovery. Chemo's not fun, but there are so many supportive meds today that it is nothing like it was even a few short years ago.

Look forward to your son's HS graduation and then to getting him ready for college. Sounds like you have lots of good things coming up too.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bone marrow aspirate? Or bone biopsy of a bony lesion somewhere?

H

Good point Heath

Ellen, the bone marrow aspirate seems to be easier according to my neighbor's son who is successfully recovering from his bone marrow transplant. He's only a 3rd grader and it didn't phase him and he's had mutliple ones done since March.

He's looking to move over to the Ronald McDonald House next week and hopefully will be able to get out and see some of the museums with aid of a mask and lots of handwashing.

Ellen, I will add you to my prayers along with my son's 2 friends.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, YOu caught it early so aggressive but you did catch early so in your favor....

Anything and everything I can be sedated fro I am, why suffer unneedlessly...so yeah get sedated...

You are in my thoughts and prayers..Hugs..hang tough

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
So i wasn't sedated - they couldn't - but I did well . It wasn't too bad.
I'm having surgery tomorrow morning - the mass on my spine is compromising my spinal cord. If it's lymphoma (they will do a biopsy while I'm out) they will close and treat with chemo. If that mass is a different tumor, they will remove it.

All tests still point back to non-aggressive - but the nodes are really big so they are treating it aggressively with chemo. ONce I get thru this surgery I think things will be better!

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I'm having surgery tomorrow morning - the mass on my spine is compromising my spinal cord. If it's lymphoma (they will do a biopsy while I'm out) they will close and treat with chemo. If that mass is a different tumor, they will remove it.

All tests still point back to non-aggressive - but the nodes are really big so they are treating it aggressively with chemo. ONce I get thru this surgery I think things will be better!

Good luck with your surgery! Mr. & Mrs. Heathpack will be thinking good thoughts all day.

H

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score

:mad:sigh..the health care system infuriates me, and why could they not sedate you? You have enough without something being not too bad...anyway you did well...yeah you are brave...:clap:

Will be thinking of and praying for you...yes get thru the surgery and go from there...HUgs and many more hugs....

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Oh, Ellen, I hope your surgery went well and the results are encouraging. I haven't visited TUG in a few weeks so I just saw your thread. You will be in my thoughts. I'm pulling for you!

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Good Luck on the spine surgery. Will be thinking of you with lots of prayers.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are all holding your hand, virtually.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen,
Best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. Hang it there and take it one day at a time.
Good luck!

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are in our thoughts & Prayers!

Please be encouraged by the idea that cyber friends you've never met have you in our prayers & are thinking of you and your family during this time.

Please keep us updated as we wait to anxiously hear that things have gone well......

Judy

taffy19

Reaction score
Thinking of you, Ellen. I hope that the surgery went well and that you will receive good news. I wonder if you fell in Italy because you had this tumor on your spine. This may have been the beginning of something more serious?

When we were on Maui and my husband was in the hospital for a whole month, I met the wife of a young man (30 or so) who was in the hospital too. He, all of the sudden, was paralyzed and could no longer walk. They found a massive tumor on his spine that affected his nerves.

The good news was that it wasn't cancer and he completely recovered. I stayed in touch with this family until he was completely better. There was such a bond between all the visitors who had to be there every day as we all were on vacation. You have your family here besides your own. I wish you the best.