• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott vacation offer to Ko Olina

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
The package price was $649 for a studio. I upgraded to a 1 bed for an extra $100.00. The package included 5 nights 6 days, 6 days Hertz rental car and a$50.00 gift certificate. A presentation is required. Tax on the unit is included but parking is $10/day (can't use the $50 towards parking) you also have to pay taxes on the car I was quoted about $40.00. I actually called Marriott and requested the preview.
Pam

That was the exact same deal we got in March (spring break week, no less), except somehow we got 6 nights. I think we paid $850.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
"Eligibility:
Annual income of $100,000 or more and ownership of primary residence is required. The individual whose name appears on the email may only redeem this offer. Excluded from this offer are employees and owners of any Marriott Vacation Club International property, owners’ families, previous participants in a Marriott or Marriott Vacation Club International promotion, and groups (two or more affiliated couples)."

They told us you could go to one promo per calendar year, but if you went to more than two without buying, you are shut off.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The package price was $649 for a studio. I upgraded to a 1 bed for an extra $100.00. The package included 5 nights 6 days, 6 days Hertz rental car and a$50.00 gift certificate. A presentation is required. Tax on the unit is included but parking is $10/day (can't use the $50 towards parking) you also have to pay taxes on the car I was quoted about $40.00. I actually called Marriott and requested the preview.

Calling owner services got me the run around. I can't seem to locate the number I called but on my confirmation from Marriott there is a phone number listed if I have any questions. I just called it and it seems you can be connected with an associate if you are calling about a preview invitation if any one is interested in the number pm me and I will give it out. I don't think phone number are ok to list in these forums are they? If a moderator okays it I can post it in this thread.

Pam

I don't know if it is allowed or not but I would sure like the number. I filled out the information on line and never heard back.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, have many Marriott weeks are you going to have if this one goes through!:D Good luck with ROFR!

I just sold two silver weeks but when my two new contracts close I will have four Platinum weeks (three Manor Clubs and one Ko Olina). On tug that is just a drop in the bucket.

I do, however, own other timeshares, the largest amount of timeshare investment I have is in Disney Vacation Club- 1200 points. I also own three Royal Holiday Club contracts (two weekly + one small pt contract), a platinum Grand Beach, a small Bluegreen contract, and a Foxrun week. That's why I say I have "Way Too Many". Thank Goodness I sold several this year.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found another one for the same price if anyone is interested.

BTW, in my search for Ko Olina Platinum I found two for sale for 23K. I'm taking one and the other is still available. I am not selling it. I am posting information if anyone is interested in buying one I will put you in touch with the owner. Nothing in it for me!!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it is allowed or not but I would sure like the number. I filled out the information on line and never heard back.

"Reservations are sure to go quickly, so please call 800-887-1135 by July 31, 2007 to secure your package today.
Preferred Reservation Number: CI59*1-1OKTBU"

Good Luck

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Reservations are sure to go quickly, so please call 800-887-1135 by July 31, 2007 to secure your package today.
Preferred Reservation Number: CI59*1-1OKTBU"

Good Luck

Thanks, maybe I can add this to my Ko Olina maiden voyage as an owner next year.

taffy19

Reaction score
Thanks, maybe I can add this to my Ko Olina maiden voyage as an owner next year.
Since you bought re-sale, you can do this. Good for you. :)

If you had bought it from the developer, they won't let you do this because I tried. They offered us a package to Ko-olina or the Waiohai. I would like to buy a promo package somewhere in Maui but I need the cooperation of my other half. I am not giving up yet. ;)

mtgolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are some states excluded from the offer?

I am from Montana and Marriott doesn't make this offer to those of us in the Big Sky Country... anyone have any idea why?

Bob

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you bought re-sale, you can do this. Good for you. :)

If you had bought it from the developer, they won't let you do this because I tried. They offered us a package to Ko-olina or the Waiohai. I would like to buy a promo package somewhere in Maui but I need the cooperation of my other half. I am not giving up yet. ;)

I too spoke to them this evening.
I am a Marriott owner resale and also an owner from the developer. I was told that I COULD take the trip to Ko Olina, Maui, or Kaui, even though I just got back from Waiohai and did the tour there for points.

I was also told that if you did not own at any of these three resorts, and have not already done a tour there, you could go.

I too was offered an upgrade to a 1 bedroom for $100. Maui is booked through May and Ko Olina was not available the date I wanted. If I can work out the dates, I'll go.

I have checked and Continental has some decent midweek round trip flights available for 35,000 points. (Thur-Tue)

:wave:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am from Montana and Marriott doesn't make this offer to those of us in the Big Sky Country... anyone have any idea why?

Bob

Bob,
There are two different links on this thread. The one I mentioned when I began this thread DOES NOT mention any thing about where you live. The second one does.

Here again is the website:
http://www.marriott-vacations.com/offers/aa/koolina-beach-club.asp?loc=CI59*1-1OKTBU

About 3/4 down on the page, click the "details" link. You will see all the qualifications. Call 800-887-1135 and give them the Preferred Reservation Number: CI59*1-1OKTBU.

Unless they tell you somewhere in the conversation that you do not qualify, YOU DO.

:D

mtgolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks thinze3, I will give this number a call. I tried to do this at the Newport Marriott a few months ago and after booking it, I received a call back about a half hour later and the sales rep told me that Montana residents weren't eligible and he didn't know why. Told me he was sorry for the inconvenience and immediatlely refunded my credit card. Strange.

Iowa Rod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got Mine

I secured a 1 bed unit from march 12 through the 17. I just purchased a hilton property. I am hopeing I can get march 17-24 at one of their resorts on the big island. I have the marriott hotel there held useing a rewards cert as a backup. I was able to use AA to fly into HNL on the 12th and out of KOA on march 24th using my american points for the 4 of us. cant wait.
Rod

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I secured a 1 bed unit from march 12 through the 17. I just purchased a hilton property. I am hopeing I can get march 17-24 at one of their resorts on the big island. I have the marriott hotel there held useing a rewards cert as a backup. I was able to use AA to fly into HNL on the 12th and out of KOA on march 24th using my american points for the 4 of us. cant wait.
Rod

My co-worker just booked this trip. He was told that Maui Beach Club was no longer available, only KoOlina and Kauai Beach Club.

Anyhow, he has 15 months to make up his mind. A new offer just came out that expires on December 31st, but the price is now $799.

So if you want to save $100 call and book today!

taffy19

Reaction score
I wrote earlier that it wasn't available to us while the MOC promo was available to other people here so I assumed that we couldn't get it because we are ts owners at the MOC but then I read in your post #36 that you were able to get a promo for all three resorts and bought from the developer too at one of these resorts.

I want to clear up my erroneous statement of post #34. We couldn't get it because the promo packages for the MOC must not have been available at the time that we wanted to go. We had in mind to go to Maui just for a few days only but I will try a travel package now that includes the flight as well as we get these offers all the time or get a promo package for another resort in Maui, if I can convince my SO to take a tour again. I would like to go in the fall.

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wrote earlier that it wasn't available to us while the MOC promo was available to other people here so I assumed that we couldn't get it because we are ts owners at the MOC but then I read in your post #36 that you were able to get a promo for all three resorts and bought from the developer too at one of these resorts.

I want to clear up my erroneous statement of post #34. We couldn't get it because the promo packages for the MOC must not have been available at the time that we wanted to go. We had in mind to go to Maui just for a few days only but I will try a travel package now that includes the flight as well as we get these offers all the time or get a promo package for another resort in Maui, if I can convince my SO to take a tour again. I would like to go in the fall.

ALL CLEAR!

Good Luck