• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii, Disney..

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I have been told before that there is never a dumb question... but this may be one.... I look through the RCI Directory on their webpage and see WONDERFUL timeshares in Maui and Disney... if you are a points member like I am I don't have access to them? and when I bought my first timeshare down in Kissimmee, FL I had no idea I couldnt trade into Disney.... is there any way around this? and how do you get into the Disney timeshare in Hawaii???? thanks Dave:shrug:

Reaction score
Two things:

(1) It's not a matter of if you have access, it's if there's no supply, it won't show. Disney (DVC) has very high demand, so if you are a few minutes after DVC puts them into RCI, someone else grabbed it.
(2) If you own a WEEK in the Kissimmee/Orlando area, you can not trade into DVC. But, points owners can trade into DVC.

TS

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aulani apparently just started depositing to RCI very recently and unless you have had an ongoing search up for a year+ you probably wont have much luck.

Create your own ongoing search to start looking up to two years from now although you wont match until 7 months out.

I dont think FL ownership blocks you from Hawaii DVC inventory, it probably just isnt there to see...

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am under the impression that you cannot trade into DVC if you own a resort within 30 miles of the DVC resort. So, you couldn't trade back into DVC in Orlando, but can still trade into any of the other DVC properties.

You should have access to all resorts in the RCI directory, however, trading power rules all. If your trading power is 50,000 RCI points and the great resorts you are looking at require 100,000 RCI points, maybe they don't show up? :confused:

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am under the impression that you cannot trade into DVC if you own a resort within 30 miles of the DVC resort. So, you couldn't trade back into DVC in Orlando, but can still trade into any of the other DVC properties.

You should have access to all resorts in the RCI directory, however, trading power rules all. If your trading power is 50,000 RCI points and the great resorts you are looking at require 100,000 RCI points, maybe they don't show up? :confused:

Thanks for the input! Actually my trading power os 135000 a year, I see in the RCI properties gold Crown 2 bedroom like 6 I think in Maui.... I check the 1 points exchange and it says I have to check other category's... Why can't I trade into the other 5 resorts? Is it because I only have points?

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Actually my trading power os 135000 a year, I see in the RCI properties gold Crown 2 bedroom like 6 I think in Maui.... I check the 1 points exchange and it says I have to check other category's... Why can't I trade into the other 5 resorts? Is it because I only have points?

Call RCI and ask them to set you up with a complimentary "weeks" account. Right now you can only see points availability in the Points system and the Weeks side is different inventory. The way Ongoing searches work is always in Weeks inventory even when you are on the Points , so it would seem in theory you could look up in Weeks inventory when your account is setup and then call RCI to book out of the weeks inventory using points.

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Call RCI and ask them to set you up with a complimentary "weeks" account. Right now you can only see points availability in the Points system and the Weeks side is different inventory. The way Ongoing searches work is always in Weeks inventory even when you are on the Points , so it would seem in theory you could look up in Weeks inventory when your account is setup and then call RCI to book out of the weeks inventory using points.

Ok, I will try that.... Has anyone else done that??? Dave :banana:just haven fun Timesharing........

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
When you have an RCI Points account, you also get a weeks account, but you don't exchange TPU's, you use your RCI Points. When searching, you don't differentiate between the weeks and points accounts. You do selection the day range of your stay though. Remember a weeks owner exchange the week owned for another week, you don't.

Typically, when I do a search, I mostly get weeks hits. You can tell because it shows you how many points are required for a full week. If it was/is points, you can select the number of nites that you want to stay.

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you have an RCI Points account, you also get a weeks account, but you don't exchange TPU's, you use your RCI Points. When searching, you don't differentiate between the weeks and points accounts. You do selection the day range of your stay though. Remember a weeks owner exchange the week owned for another week, you don't.

Typically, when I do a search, I mostly get weeks hits. You can tell because it shows you how many points are required for a full week. If it was/is points, you can select the number of nites that you want to stay.
Ron, while looking at Hawaii it shows 38 we can pick from and when you look in the Directory it shows 92... Including Disney and Hilton..... How do you trade into them? They say you need to do extra vacations get aways, last call or points... But you hit points and there is nothing..... Dave:shrug:

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Dave,

What's in the directory are all the resorts which could be listed. What you are seeing in inventory are what are currently available, the leftovers I.e deposits that didn't match any on going searches. As soon as the more in demand resorts deposit they get snapped up. So you have two choices put in an ongoing search (you have to pay to setup the search) or watch regularly for deposits (check the sighting board). As an example Kaanapali beach club on Maui deposited a ton of weeks about two weeks ago and I think last time I checked there was one checkin date left, same with sands of kahana. An HGVC(Hilton) deposit is expected anytime so either start an ongoing search now or keep you eyes open because they won't last long, Hawaii inventory goes fast.

Ian

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the input! Now I have to check with our friends to make sure about dates.... :) Dave