• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent Destination Club News

Buon Viaggio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Word is Inspirato is having trouble forecasting usage because members book last minute and don't have much incentive to book 1 year out. With such a low membership fee there is also not as much pressure to "get your money's worth" and use up your days. More traditional DC members tend to plan further out and use up most of their days.

Any word on how many members there are?

NeilGoBlue

Reaction score
I just got back from Kiawah at the AK house... Tarheel is there right now, so he might have some thoughts...

Quintess's home is for sale... According to the agent, they paid millions more than it's worth now...The rumor, which I don't know is true or not, is that they are selling all there east coast homes?

Is this true? I heard it from a real estate agent, so take it for what it's worth.

We love Kiawah.. It's the only place we've been to, that we would consider buying a second home.

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
I just got back from Kiawah at the AK house... Tarheel is there right now
back to back? :D
Quintess...rumor...selling all there east coast homes

obviously not all 6 in new york

others, not including duo >
1 kiawah (mentioned)
1 amelia island (beachfront...)
1 south beach
2 naples

has the market recovered enough to sell...? or are they having real trouble. the investor only covers interest for another couple years.

NeilGoBlue

Reaction score
back to back? :D

obviously not all 6 in new york

others, not including duo >
1 kiawah (mentioned)
1 amelia island (beachfront...)
1 south beach
2 naples

has the market recovered enough to sell...? or are they having real trouble. the investor only covers interest for another couple years.

Coincidently, yes.. Back to back.. (we were emailing back and forth about another property and figured it out)

I have no idea. The agent who I talked to said that the Quintess house is a real big house and very expensive to maintain. She said it was substantially bigger than the AK house and cost a lot more. (the AK house is pretty big 4,200 sq feet)

Anyway, just take it for rumor and gossip since I can't confirm it.

travelguy

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
hmm

"As of December 31, 2008...secured debt...was approximately $350 million"
"As of December 31, 2009 our $360 million of bank debt"
Dec 31 2010 $360mm bank debt

FoolMeOnce...

Reaction score
Rich Keith Still At it...

Recent email I received:
http://www.lifestyleassetgroup.com/discover
Introducing PortfolioOne, a limited liability corporation investing in 12 luxury second homes, debt-free, located in destinations your family loves. Available to only 100 fortunate owners, the LLC will let you pack your bags full of good cheer and explore far-flung destinations with family and friends for the next 7 years. At that time, the residences in the LLC will be sold at their highest possible values and the net proceeds from the sale will be equally divided among owners.

Our closing event is scheduled for February 28, 2012, less than four months away!
Contemporaneously, the residences of PortfolioOne are acquired with cash.

Until then, you can immediately enjoy special occasions in 4 of the existing spectacular homes, with a simple $10,000 fully refundable deposit, held in escrow.

You owe it to yourself to learn more about the most enlightened second home ownership model in the world. To do so, please visit here.

Sincerely,

Richard Keith, CEO"

~ uh, no I don't!

AKTHUE

Reaction score
Recent email I received:
http://www.lifestyleassetgroup.com/discover
Introducing PortfolioOne, a limited liability corporation investing in 12 luxury second homes, debt-free, located in destinations your family loves. Available to only 100 fortunate owners, the LLC will let you pack your bags full of good cheer and explore far-flung destinations with family and friends for the next 7 years. At that time, the residences in the LLC will be sold at their highest possible values and the net proceeds from the sale will be equally divided among owners.

Our closing event is scheduled for February 28, 2012, less than four months away!
Contemporaneously, the residences of PortfolioOne are acquired with cash.

Until then, you can immediately enjoy special occasions in 4 of the existing spectacular homes, with a simple $10,000 fully refundable deposit, held in escrow.

You owe it to yourself to learn more about the most enlightened second home ownership model in the world. To do so, please visit here.

Sincerely,

Richard Keith, CEO

It's amazing, these guys keep coming back. And they will probably find new suckers to fleece.

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points
You owe it to yourself ..

The one benefit of being owed by yourself is that you'll probably get more than the ZERO cents on the dollar those owed by either of Rich Keith's prior destination clubs got.

thedonva

Reaction score
Saved me from myself

I'm glad I came across this as I was getting ready to invest money in LAG. My friends (who are in real estate) said it sounded to good to be true.