• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging a 2013 week [Starwood]

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked in the forums for answers to this but didn't find anything but I admit I may have missed something.
I want use my 2012 float week at my home resort in late November but have already decided to put my 2013 float week up for exchange.

Unit:
2bdrm resale float week within Starwood

The Questions:
Can I call Starwood and ask them to designate my 2013 float week for exchange within II now or do I have to wait till January 2013?
If I can do it now, do I have to pay my 2013 maintenance fee now or can it be paid in Jan 2013 when it would normally be due?
With a resale float week in Starwood could I do a request first on a 2013 week now or does Starwood have to designate or make something avaliable to II first.
Sorry if some of these questions sound dumb but when it comes to float week resales in Starwood I get lost in alll the if and's and buts and then there is II's website which doesn't make it any easier. I just looked at II. They show my 2012 week as being avaliable for exchange so when I try to search with it the website consistently reverts back to a 2012 dates.
Despite a couple of years of reading these forums the whole exchange process in II is still as clear as mud to me.
Any clarifications would be appreciated.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Since Starwood and II have different rules than everyone else, I moved your post to the Starwood forum.

At the top of the forum there is a sticky with a walk-through for II that you should take a look at.

Can I call Starwood and ask them to designate my 2013 float week for exchange within II now or do I have to wait till January 2013?

The first day that you can reserve a floating 2013 week is Jan. 1, 2012 - that's also the first day you can "designate your week for exchange." If your 2012 deposit is still in your Acct., Starwood will use it before the 2013 deposit for an exchange or on-going request.

If I can do it now, do I have to pay my 2013 maintenance fee now or can it be paid in Jan 2013 when it would normally be due?

You pay it when it's normally due.

With a resale float week in Starwood could I do a request first on a 2013 week now or does Starwood have to designate or make something avaliable to II first.

You simply call Starwood Owner Reservations and tell Starwood that you want to "designate your week for exchange." Under the 2009 rules, Starwood doesn't actually deposit anything - you just use the predetermined trading power to trade with.

They show my 2012 week as being avaliable for exchange so when I try to search with it the website consistently reverts back to a 2012 dates.

Under the rules implemented in 2009, the actual week you deposit will never show in II. All that will ever show is a place holder with the current year's date. Even if you don't deposit it, even if you rent it, even if you sell it, even if you deposit your 2013 week, ONLY a place holder for 2012 will show in your online II Acct. Stupid - I know - but that's the new and improved system.

Last edited: