• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI website on iPhone?!?!

smile4disney

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am going on vacation next week but have on-going searches going that I am hoping match but am unable to get to the RCI Wyndham portal on my iPhone. Does anyone know a way to do this? I really don't want to bring my laptop along if I don't have to. When I go through Wyndham to RCI it defaults to the mobile page and I can't seem to get it not to defualt that way. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am going on vacation next week but have on-going searches going that I am hoping match but am unable to get to the RCI Wyndham portal on my iPhone. Does anyone know a way to do this? I really don't want to bring my laptop along if I don't have to. When I go through Wyndham to RCI it defaults to the mobile page and I can't seem to get it not to defualt that way. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

It looks like it is jumping to the RCI direct website and not allowing you to go through the Wyndham RCI portal in any case. It says you can go the full site, but doesn't provide a link (which most sites do). Even if you do log in, it will be in your RCI Weeks account and you won't be able to see your Wyndham RCI OGS's (or any other details for that matter, such as points on deposit, etc.).

You may be stuck bringing the laptop, or just use an internet cafe or business center if the laptop is too much of a burden. Are you concerned you won't be notified in time by phone or email when a match happens?

Looks like yet another RCI website glitch. It seems they are stuck in the 90s...

smile4disney

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like it is jumping to the RCI direct website and not allowing you to go through the Wyndham RCI portal in any case. It says you can go the full site, but doesn't provide a link (which most sites do). Even if you do log in, it will be in your RCI Weeks account and you won't be able to see your Wyndham RCI OGS's (or any other details for that matter, such as points on deposit, etc.).

You may be stuck bringing the laptop, or just use an internet cafe or business center if the laptop is too much of a burden. Are you concerned you won't be notified in time by phone or email when a match happens?

Looks like yet another RCI website glitch. It seems they are stuck in the 90s...

Thats what I was afraid of...

And yes. Unfortunately for some reason I DO NOT get notified by any manner when my OGS matches and I've been informed that what I was looking for actually has matched in the past but because I didn't respond it was released. I've complained several times that I am not getting notified but yet nothing changes. So due to this I am quite Paranoid about it.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

When I use Chrome on android there is a menu option to request desktop site which works. Not sure about the iPhone though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I use Chrome on android there is a menu option to request desktop site which works. Not sure about the iPhone though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Is that for the Wyndham RCI portal or direct RCI portal?

Anyone know if there is a way to coerce the browser to a non-mobile website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was using the Wyndham RCI portal but it is the browser menu that has the option. I have to agree to the terms a second time and then it goes to the desktop site

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

There is an browser on the app store that allows you to pick whether you want you browser to be recognized as a desktop or mobile. It is called the User Agent Browser.

I tested it on sites that usually send me automatically to the mobile site (such as ESPN) and it works great. Then when I tried it on the Wyndham portal, and it didn't let me into the RCI site. It does not seem to open another browser window. That was the free version. Not sure if the $.99 version works any better, or if that just removes the ads.

See if you can find an alternative and report back...

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cant you get Google Chrome for the iPhone? That lets you have unlimited tabs and has the menu option for the desktop browsing.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cant you get Google Chrome for the iPhone? That lets you have unlimited tabs and has the menu option for the desktop browsing.

Did not know Chrome had the desktop feature. Mercury is another browser that seems to get good reviews. Chrome for i-products has so-so ratings. Will have to compare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Success!

I got the Mercury browser from the App Store and it gets you all the way to the desktop Wyndham RCI portal.

It doesn't have a desktop button (but you might be able to customize the task bar), but you can spoof the website so it thinks you are on Mozilla, Explorer, etc. Go to the User Agent button on the list submenu (the icon that looks like bullets with lines coming out to the right) and select your favorite desktop browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk