• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ocean Bouelvard 4 bedroom presidential

wilson14

Reaction score
Has anyone ever stayed in the 4BD presidential at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard in North Myrtle Beach? Just booked a unit there for next March and just curious as to what the unit looks like, I've looked at the floor plan online.

Does anyone know if the outdoor pools or lazy rivers are open during this time of the year?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever stayed in the 4BD presidential at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard in North Myrtle Beach? Just booked a unit there for next March and just curious as to what the unit looks like, I've looked at the floor plan online.

Does anyone know if the outdoor pools or lazy rivers are open during this time of the year?

We just got back from a week at Ocean Blvd, had a great time although the weather was not real cooperative. At least in mid-April, all the pools were open and heated. I would think they would be open at least by mid-March, and maybe even year round (certainly the hot tubs would be open). We were in a 3BR Deluxe and actually I thought the unit was ready for a bit of a refresh. I like the location though.

balc453

Reaction score
My wife and I and some friends stayed in the 4 bedroom presidential on Super Bowl Sunday week and all the pools were open as well as the lazy rivers. The outdoor pool at tower 4 was closed for maintenance for a few days.

Tim

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am not a Wyndham owner and can’t speak about the 4 bedrooms. However, I have gone to Hilton Head a few times in March and I stayed at Ocean Boulevard three summers ago on an exchange. My number one point to you is that March in Myrtle Beach will likely be really cold. We have taken several Easter vacation in Hilton Head and have always been disappointed with the weather. We stopped going to the Carolina’s for Easter because the weather is often so cool.

Easter is usually in late March or early April and even then the weather in Hilton Head, which is about 150 miles or so south of Myrtle Beach is usually in the 60’s with a day or two of low 70’s. Occasionally there is an 80 degree day but more times than not we have had 50’s or 60’s and rain. Not the best beach weather. The ocean is freezing, water temps in the 50’s that time of the year.

I was at Ocean Boulevard the first week of August when I went and I thought the ocean front pools were freezing, then. In the summer (and I assume all year) the ocean front pools are covered in almost total shade from the three ocean front buildings. I remember maybe an hour or two around noon when there was sun around the pool decks but that was it. On top of no sun, the buildings funneled the ocean breezes so it was often so breezy near the pools it made me shiver even in the dead of summer. I remember being so cold in those pools and wondering why they weren’t heated. Maybe the pools are heated in March but they certainly are not heated in August.

Ocean Boulevard was a fine property; I just did not like their pool situation at all. All the pools are built over parking garages and are very small and plain. In my opinion, the best and warmest pool is across the street in building four. That pool received almost constant full sun since it is not surrounded by towers like the ocean front pools. The property itself is nice, especially the location. Very easy to walk to a seasonal amusement park (maybe closed in March, though) and a small but nice downtown area.

So long as you are not expecting to sunbath in warm sunshine next to beautiful pools (or the beach) for the bulk of your vacation time, Ocean Boulevard should be a nice vacation. Just prepare and plan for a cool vacation and take full advantage of any warmth and sun you get that week or weekend. Have fun.

lcml11

Reaction score
Hello. I am not a Wyndham owner and can’t speak about the 4 bedrooms. However, I have gone to Hilton Head a few times in March and I stayed at Ocean Boulevard three summers ago on an exchange. My number one point to you is that March in Myrtle Beach will likely be really cold. We have taken several Easter vacation in Hilton Head and have always been disappointed with the weather. We stopped going to the Carolina’s for Easter because the weather is often so cool.

Easter is usually in late March or early April and even then the weather in Hilton Head, which is about 150 miles or so south of Myrtle Beach is usually in the 60’s with a day or two of low 70’s. Occasionally there is an 80 degree day but more times than not we have had 50’s or 60’s and rain. Not the best beach weather. The ocean is freezing, water temps in the 50’s that time of the year.

I was at Ocean Boulevard the first week of August when I went and I thought the ocean front pools were freezing, then. In the summer (and I assume all year) the ocean front pools are covered in almost total shade from the three ocean front buildings. I remember maybe an hour or two around noon when there was sun around the pool decks but that was it. On top of no sun, the buildings funneled the ocean breezes so it was often so breezy near the pools it made me shiver even in the dead of summer. I remember being so cold in those pools and wondering why they weren’t heated. Maybe the pools are heated in March but they certainly are not heated in August.

Ocean Boulevard was a fine property; I just did not like their pool situation at all. All the pools are built over parking garages and are very small and plain. In my opinion, the best and warmest pool is across the street in building four. That pool received almost constant full sun since it is not surrounded by towers like the ocean front pools. The property itself is nice, especially the location. Very easy to walk to a seasonal amusement park (maybe closed in March, though) and a small but nice downtown area.

So long as you are not expecting to sunbath in warm sunshine next to beautiful pools (or the beach) for the bulk of your vacation time, Ocean Boulevard should be a nice vacation. Just prepare and plan for a cool vacation and take full advantage of any warmth and sun you get that week or weekend. Have fun.

Try Westwinds or Seawatch Plantation. The temp. outside would not be a whole lot different. For all practical purposes, when I have been at Westwinds, the beach was all but empty behind the resort. The beach goers tend to not walk down that far. Overall, I like Westwinds the best, followed by SeaWatch Planatation. Ocean Blvd. brings up the rear.

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
4br presidential

Our family stayed in the OB 4br presidential for a birthday celebration and I took pictures throughout the unit. This was 7 years ago, though, so I'm sure all the furnishings have been upgraded since then (Tower 2 was refurbished in 2012 I think). We enjoyed the unit very much. Large open kitchen/dining/living room area. One master bedroom (with king bed and jacuzzi bathroom) was located right off the kitchen/living room. The other three bedrooms were off of a hallway. Bedrooms 2 & 3 had 2 beds in each (doubles I believe) and shared an unusually large hall bath. The fourth bedroom was a "second master," also with king bed and jacuzzi bath. I've never posted pictures on this forum so not sure I know how, but will attempt if you are interested. Oh, the balcony is huge! (presidential unit is on top floor so very high up, but really great views). I would agree with earlier posts that the pools/lazy river will be open, but will probably be uncomfortably cold. There is an indoor pool and hot tub in Tower 1.