• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Ocean Club - Timeshare presentation deal

bellezza28

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just referred recently by a friend who is an owner from Marriott Vacations. A Marriott representative called me and offered us a $750 deal for 5 nights 6 days at Marriott Maui Ocean Club with a Hertz rental car plus $50 gift certificate. I just got a confirmation number today for an Ocean View Master Suite.

I was just wondering what building I can expect to be in? Did anybody do this presentation deal and what kind of rooms did they get? I think it's a good deal but I don't want them to stick me in the back with the dumpsters! We are really thinking of buying and want to experience the resort so getting a good impression is important.

Would it be a good idea to email the GM 2 weeks or so before our stay to request a specific section/tower, or will this be considered pushy considering I am not an owner and going on a cheap deal?

Also, we had originally made a reservation thru Marriott.com for an ocean view 1 bedroom villa in the Lahaina tower for the whole duration. We will be staying in the villa for the first night (nov 2) then our 5 nights at $750 from nov 3-8. Since we are already in the Lahaina villas, do you think they will move us or can they let us stay for the other 5 nights? I am Marriott Rewards Gold member (if it makes any difference!)

Thanks.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt they would put you in the new towers. If you indeed get a 1BDRM OV suite in the old, that is celebration enough, and will give you a great impression of how wonderful the resort, old and new is.

Regards.
Joe

taffy19

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just referred recently by a friend who is an owner from Marriott Vacations. A Marriott representative called me and offered us a $750 deal for 5 nights 6 days at Marriott Maui Ocean Club with a Hertz rental car plus $50 gift certificate. I just got a confirmation number today for an Ocean View Master Suite.

I was just wondering what building I can expect to be in? Did anybody do this presentation deal and what kind of rooms did they get? I think it's a good deal but I don't want them to stick me in the back with the dumpsters! We are really thinking of buying and want to experience the resort so getting a good impression is important.

Would it be a good idea to email the GM 2 weeks or so before our stay to request a specific section/tower, or will this be considered pushy considering I am not an owner and going on a cheap deal?

Also, we had originally made a reservation thru Marriott.com for an ocean view 1 bedroom villa in the Lahaina tower for the whole duration. We will be staying in the villa for the first night (nov 2) then our 5 nights at $750 from nov 3-8. Since we are already in the Lahaina villas, do you think they will move us or can they let us stay for the other 5 nights? I am Marriott Rewards Gold member (if it makes any difference!)

Thanks.
Welcome to TUG!

I doubt very much that they will give you a dumpster view if the resort is trying to sell you a unit. It is the first impression that counts. :)

If I were you, I would ask them if you can stay in the condo you have rented already. All they can say is no but if you have to move to any condo that looks out on the pool and grounds of the main building, you will have a very nice view too and you will see the ocean too if you stay on a higher floor.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Welcome to TUG!

I doubt very much that they will give you a dumpster view if the resort is trying to sell you a unit. It is the first impression that counts. :)

If I were you, I would ask them if you can stay in the condo you have rented already. All they can say is no but if you have to move to any condo that looks out on the pool and grounds of the main building, you will have a very nice view too and you will see the ocean too if you stay on a higher floor.

Don't count on that. We just got the worst view ever on our recent preview to Ko'Olina. But you are correct first impressions last, Ko'Olina is now our least favorite Hawaii Marriott.

We also had an exchange week after our preview and they very graciously let us keep the worst view in the house:D

Pam

taffy19

Reaction score
The OP rented an ocean view unit from the Marriott first so may be in a better position. :) If an ocean view is important to you, I would buy an oceanfront unit re-sale but that still doesn't guarantee you an ocean view unit anywhere else when you make an exchange with II. :rolleyes:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I had no expectations of getting an oceanview room and knew I was getting a gardenview room which was fine with us. I happen to think a mountain or golf course view can be beautiful and relaxing after a day spent soley looking at water:D

However Ko'Olina has some particularly ugly "mountain view" rooms in my opinion. Our view was of a nuclear power plant an industrial area,the parking lot and the freeway. No beauty to be found:ignore:

I believe the OP might have better luck since he rented an oceanview. However I believe the preview package is for a garden view room so Marriott very well may move him. The Mountains behind the Ocean Club are beautiful and include a golf course view. If he has to move I would request a high floor so any parking lot or dumpster would be far below him and his line of vision would automatically include the mountains:D

Pam

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with MOC, but we attended a preview at Waohai, and in June, and we also didn't get a great view. There was a small grassy area below us with a few flowers and a fence and weeds beyond that. But at least we werent looking at the parking lot.

After we seen the view from the villa, I asked for a different view, and the apologized and said they were at full capacity. I have mixed thoughts on that. My first thought is they aren't giving the good views to the cheap preview guest, but then I thought wouldn't they want me to have a great first impression so I would want to buy. So I don't know.

I wish you luck with your room issue, and remember you will be in Hawaii, and even with a not so great view, it is better than the view from home....

ricki999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck OP, hope you get to keep your tower room for your entire stay. We did the preview at MOC during spring break this year (April). Paid for a garden view studio and Marriott was generous enough to assign us to a 1 bedroom, partial ocean view overlooking the pool. Wonderful experience to say the least. The new tower was not completed during out stay.

Last edited:

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone every tried to upgrade to a 2 bedroom for a package like this? I have 5 in my family, a studio (and maybe a one bedroom) is too tight but I would like to do something like this in conjuntion with a traded week in Kauai ina year or two.

Palguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed last year on the same offer and was given a mountainview room. It doesn't overlook any dumpsters, but there was a service road below our lanai and the main street to the other resorts. You could hear and see employees as they arrived and left for work, but really not other distractions. The view beyond that was of the golf course and the mountains. The rooms they show you will always be oceanviews. Hey, for what you are getting for $700 I don't think you can be disappointed. We did buy there just last month, a gardenview, resale of course and for $12,000 less than Marriott was asking. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? :hysterical:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Has anyone every tried to upgrade to a 2 bedroom for a package like this? I have 5 in my family, a studio (and maybe a one bedroom) is too tight but I would like to do something like this in conjuntion with a traded week in Kauai ina year or two.

My sister took the preview at the Marriott in Poipu they are all 2 beds. The original offer was for KBC in a studio but she paid a $100 upgrade and was placed at the Poipu resort. Good Luck

Pam

swilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did this deal a few years ago. We were given a hotel room which had a view of the ocean, after you looked over the pool area of the resort. Don't be put off if your "Ocean View Room" is also a hotel room. It was a great vacation in a very nice resort. The sales presentation was low key. Once they leaned we were TUG members, that was the end of it. Ours lasted about 15 minutes. Our "gift" for going to the presentation was $200.00 in Marriott dollars which my kids spent in buying hamburgers and other "kid food" at the hotel. Like, I said, we went a few years ago. I think our price was around $650.00. for the room and rental car. I though it was a very good deal and we had a great time.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I did this deal a couple of years ago (it was less $$ then) and was put in the Ritz since they didn't have rooms on the property. That was my first--and probably only--stay at the Ritz. Was impressed but didn't buy.

taffy19

Reaction score
However Ko'Olina has some particularly ugly "mountain view" rooms in my opinion. Our view was of a nuclear power plant an industrial area,the parking lot and the freeway. No beauty to be found:ignore:
I remember this view and wasn't too impressed with it either. The view over the pool and grounds would be better because the Marriott makes the pool and grounds look very nice judging from at all the resorts we have seen so far.

We loved the view we had from our MDSV-I as they were over the golf course and far away mountains. It was so peaceful and relaxing and the sunsets were spectacular too.