• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best deal yet for platinum points.

Curatio

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just won this auction for 4800 platinum points at Las Vegas Flamingo, $2227:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...55514&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_8704wt_1137

I think this must set a new low for platinum points.

I was shopping around for 5000 gold points, but this seemed a better deal. The 1BR MF's are higher at Flamingo compared to the other two Vegas properties, but still less than the MF for a 2BR 5000 gold points. And I won't have to worry about ROFR.

Has anyone dealt with this seller before? He seems quite reputable from his feedback, so hopefully everything goes well.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...55514&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_8704wt_1137

I was shopping around for 5000 gold points, but this seemed a better deal. The 1BR MF's are higher at Flamingo compared to the other two Vegas properties, but still less than the MF for a 2BR 5000 gold points. And I won't have to worry about ROFR.

Has anyone dealt with this seller before? He seems quite reputable from his feedback, so hopefully everything goes well.

Kudos:cheer:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Certainly an amazing price for Platinum points. The only discrepancy is while the ad copy references Flamingo, the address at the top of the ad is for the HGVC LV Hilton (Karen). Karen does have ROFR and would likely be exercised given the price. You should verify this before moving forward, otherwise you got an excellent deal.

I recognize the seller's name Ochoa but don't recall his reputation.

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA

I think I remember something about Ochoa brothers...one being named Thomas. search Thomas Ochoa and see what you get. I purchased thru them a bit more than a year ago and they were very good. I found an error for something-they apologized and sent me a check right away for the difference. I would buy from them again.

sxz

Reaction score
7000 Platinum points at Tuscany

I've just joined as a new member.

I'm looking to purchase the Platinum 7,000 points at Tuscany, as the family has always enjoyed staying at the resort over Easter, Spring Break and x-mas.

Is a purchase price of $1.2 per point reflective of current resale value in this economy? As a result the total price would be approx. $8500 excluding closing costs.

Comments would be appreciated.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been tracking ebay for about a year now. That looks like a new low to me. I also noticed that there was a great deal of timeshare inventory this past week. Much more than it has been running for the last two months - or so it seemed to me. Maybe more auctions for potential buyers to track.

Certainly better quality auctions than there have been since May.

Good luck on getting this one closed. It looks like a fabulous deal.

elaine

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've just joined as a new member.

I'm looking to purchase the Platinum 7,000 points at Tuscany, as the family has always enjoyed staying at the resort over Easter, Spring Break and x-mas.

Is a purchase price of $1.2 per point reflective of current resale value in this economy? As a result the total price would be approx. $8500 excluding closing costs.

Comments would be appreciated.

You can do much better than that.

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Certainly an amazing price for Platinum points. The only discrepancy is while the ad copy references Flamingo, the address at the top of the ad is for the HGVC LV Hilton (Karen). Karen does have ROFR and would likely be exercised given the price. You should verify this before moving forward, otherwise you got an excellent deal.

Could you let us know what you find out on the address issue? Just curious which property it actually is.

Curatio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you let us know what you find out on the address issue? Just curious which property it actually is.

I emailed the seller and confirmed that it is indeed the Flamingo location. He explained that he was not allowed to correct the address once bidding had started.

I did a search for the seller on these boards, and he appears to be quite reputable. He's been very responsive so far, so hopefully this will close quickly and without any problems.

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curatio, any update? I noticed this listing was pulled some time ago from the "completed" listings page at e-bay. Also noticed the same seller listed another 4800 Flamingo package again with the wrong address on e-bay.

Curatio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curatio, any update? I noticed this listing was pulled some time ago from the "completed" listings page at e-bay. Also noticed the same seller listed another 4800 Flamingo package again with the wrong address on e-bay.

Ebay removed the listing due to a violation of Ebay guidelines or copyrights. I emailed the seller, and his response was that Ebay removed the listing due to improper use of a logo. So unfortunately, the transaction was voided, and the seller suggested that I bid again when he relists it.

It sounded a bit fishy to me, so I'm not sure if I will try to bid again. Bidding is already looking like it'll end up higher than the first time :(

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Ebay removed the listing due to a violation of Ebay guidelines or copyrights. I emailed the seller, and his response was that Ebay removed the listing due to improper use of a logo. So unfortunately, the transaction was voided, and the seller suggested that I bid again when he relists it.

It sounded a bit fishy to me, so I'm not sure if I will try to bid again. Bidding is already looking like it'll end up higher than the first time :(

Curatio,

That is really fishy -- I am very sorry that you missed out on this. I saw the eBay listing and sent an email to the seller and he fed me the same spiel -- that he couldnt' change the address once bidding started. That doesn't hold water because he could have changed it after you brought it to his attention.

I'm sorry you missed it......eBay is the Wild West sometimes.

All the best,

Greg

Edited to add: I've got my own Wild West story -- we got the estoppel letter back and 3,700 of the 4,800 points for 2011 are gone! So, I'm talking to the seller about the shortfall....... Good luck to all! GT

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
In general more sales pop up towards the end of the year, as people receive their MFs and don't want to pay for another year. So I expect listing to increase in the October timeframe.

IMHO.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score

Contact ebay to make sure that is the case (basically, ask ebay if the seller can still sell it to you at the ebay auction price if they wanted to). Ebay does not cover any timeshare transactions in their protection anyway.