• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Timber Lodge Right of First Refusal?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge, CO has a right of first refusal to buy resales. I was the high bidder on a biennial winter week on Ebay last night and the seller said there is no ROFR but I thought there was.

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting Situation.......

You must have been the high bid.....I was the runner-up bid and they sent me a "Second Chance Offer" stating that they "had an identical unit to sell". I'm considering it but don't want another SellMyTimeshareNow/luky987 fiasco which I'm still fighting after 7 months. As to the Right of First Refusal my luky987 Grand Lodge on Peak 7 purchase is locked-up as the Developer requested estoppel/ROFR documents from the closer (In Less Time Closings - another luky987 plant) two months ago and nothing seems to be happening. I did have a Grand Timber Lodge summer purchase terminated when Breckenridge Grand Vacations exercised their ROFR in the fall of 2013. I got a full refund but it was not from either of these two questionable sellers.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You must have been the high bid.....I was the runner-up bid and they sent me a "Second Chance Offer" stating that they "had an identical unit to sell". I'm considering it but don't want another SellMyTimeshareNow/luky987 fiasco which I'm still fighting after 7 months. As to the Right of First Refusal my luky987 Grand Lodge on Peak 7 purchase is locked-up as the Developer requested estoppel/ROFR documents from the closer (In Less Time Closings - another luky987 plant) two months ago and nothing seems to be happening. I did have a Grand Timber Lodge summer purchase terminated when Breckenridge Grand Vacations exercised their ROFR in the fall of 2013. I got a full refund but it was not from either of these two questionable sellers.

I'm a little leery that they offered you a second chance offer saying they have an identical one to sell. Grand Timber Lodge winter weeks don't show up on Ebay that often and hard to believe they have two biennial weeks to sell. Also, they told me that the developer does not have a right of first refusal on resale weeks but I called the resort management this morning and was told that they do have a ROFR and that they usually get back to the seller within 7 days of receiving the info on whether they will exercise. My guess is that the HOA / developer will buy this week back at this price.

Regarding your other deal with lucky987, my guess is the problem is with the seller and not with the resort management. There's been some real horror stories related to lucky987.

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
ROFR: Breckenridge Grand Vacations

For over five years I have exclusively bought and sold timeshares for Breckenridge Grand Vacations (BGV) properties (Grand Timber Lodge, Grand Lodge on Peak 7 and Gold Point) often having multiple properties and always keeping current on dues and fees. Last year my first Grand Timber property had ROFR exercised and last week a Grand Lodge property was also exercised. Yes, BGV does exercise ROFR and no; I will no longer be dealing in BGV timeshares after I sell my current inventory.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score

U] There is "no identical unit" . Ask yourself how an "identical unit" can even exist. It is impossible.[/I]
Have no dealings with this group. Run, do not walk, away. They are vile frauds.

Last edited:

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
U] There is "no identical unit" . Ask yourself how an "identical unit" can even exist. It is impossible.[/I]
Have no dealings with this group. Run, do not walk, away. They are vile frauds.

A poor choice of words on my part. They claimed to have a 'identical' unit in terms of the same facility, same season, same sized unit, etc. I do realize that there is no identical, deeded week in the same facility.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
A poor choice of words on my part. They claimed to have a 'identical' unit in terms of the same facility, same season, same sized unit, etc. I do realize that there is no identical, deeded week in the same facility.

Did not mean to come off as sounding critical of your post here.

If you read through the link that CO Skier posted, you'll see that they tried that scam with me and offered me "an identical unit" on a so-called second chance offer. When I challenged this and reported them, they blocked me from bidding on any of their auctions. Boo Hoo.

They try to sell units that they have no right to.

They have a Hyatt Sunset Harbor listed on Ebay, but if you try to ask a question, you are unable to.

=

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on my deal. The seller sent me a contract after the auction ended and I filled it out, signed it, and emailed it back to them the same day I received it. They demanded that I make payment by the end of the next day and I told them I would be glad to do so if they would sign the contract I had signed and send back so we'd have a fully executed resale contract. Jamie said their policy was to not sign the contract until they received payment and if I didn't make payment they would cancel the sale. I refused to pay if they wouldn't send me a signed contract, which I thought was a very reasonable request, so they canceled the deal. Below is a part of one of the emails where she refused to send me a signed contract before receiving payment. So they want the buyer to be legally bound and make payment without the seller being legally bound? Not sure why any buyer would do that, especially since there's no independent escrow company.

Robert,
Yes we receive all payments before we send a signed contract, and we send a signed contract to all buyers. We don't send a signed legally binding contract without having payment first. As you know, you are protected under PayPal and your credit card company, so you will receive a signed contract as soon as full payment is received. Your file will then move to closing.
Thanks,
Jamie

Here's a quote of her reply that they have a bad reputation on TUG:
"We have never cared about what people write on TUG or blogs. It is usually buyers that are unhappy they didn't get their way, not because we didn't transfer what they purchased. "