• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Can someone explain the Gold Crown Resort Vacation Club membership?

Reaction score
Did it work out for you Sunshine1151

We tried booking a 2013 week. Requested Hawaii and they came back with several offers. If we declined an offer, they came back with another one - three in the same day. Accepted one for Molokaii. Paid using Visa through their website. Got an email back, saying "we will get back to you with confirmation". It has been 3 days and we have not heard back from them. Nor is there a confirmation in our in box. They are quick with the offers, but we did not hear anything about our confirmation. Kind of wondering what is going on! Is this a scam or what?

So Sunshine1151, you posted this way back in March (after waiting ONLY 3 days). I just want to inform you (after using this membership many times) that this is standard procedure especially if you made your final acceptance on a weekend. GCR takes your "accepted offer" and then has to re-confirm
with the resort in question. This has been our experience and there has never been a problem. I'm sure everything worked out fine for you as it has every single time we have used this membership.

I just wish you would have posted a follow-up (about the great vacation you took) instead of "jumping the gun" and posting a negative comment about GCR.

If you, or anyone, wants to know about every single experience we have had with this company then please please do PM me. I will tell all.

Marco

gfranz

Reaction score
GCR

So Sunshine1151, you posted this way back in March (after waiting ONLY 3 days). I just want to inform you (after using this membership many times) that this is standard procedure especially if you made your final acceptance on a weekend. GCR takes your "accepted offer" and then has to re-confirm
with the resort in question. This has been our experience and there has never been a problem. I'm sure everything worked out fine for you as it has every single time we have used this membership.

I just wish you would have posted a follow-up (about the great vacation you took) instead of "jumping the gun" and posting a negative comment about GCR.

If you, or anyone, wants to know about every single experience we have had with this company then please please do PM me. I will tell all.

Marco

I agree with Marco and those who have had positive experience with GCR. We joined GCR in Malaysia thru their licensee here Sky Enigma few years back and it wasn't thru Timeshare exit(what is that btw??), and almost cancel the membership after reading some negative reviews on the internet. I'm glad we didn't. It has serve us well and we have travelled to Hong Kong, London, Thailand, Singapore, Japan and Alaska Cruise so far. It is not just all timeshare properties. There are other features that allow you to book thru their worldwide network.

I was sceptical at first but since our first booking, all I can say is with GCR I can travel whenever I want to travel. No issues with bookings! For us that's the most important thing when joining a travel club. To be able to travel when we want to travel.

Also I think we have all met enough salespeople to tell the good ones from the bad ones, so if you have been misrepresented about what GCR is, doesn't make it a scam!

FYI, I was a timeshare member first before GCR, bought our 1st Timeshare some 15 years ago. We have been wanting to exchange to London many times over the years and we've given up trying. Does that make my Timeshare a scam? No, but maybe the salesperson could have told us that it is impossible to exchange into London from the beginning??
Thing is we have come to understand what our Timeshare can or cannot deliver. We have travelled and stayed in some wonderful properties in Australia, US , Spain, Canada, etc with our timeshare. We also understand what GCR can and cannot do, its a system totally different from Timeshare. It is definitely not a scam and whatever we've booked and travelled so far, was definitely cheaper than booking on our own if we had not been a member!

We are planning for Maldives next year using GCR and their local representative here provides a full range of service from flight bookings to everything else we would need for our whole trip. Kudos to their service! Double thumbs up!

Would I recommend GCR to my friends? Most definitely. Last trip to Alaska, we brought some of our very close but extremely sceptical friends who are totally against joining any travel club just to shut them up!

Whatever we own, we make the best of it! It's turning out well so far!

Lovelife2014

Reaction score

Marco

Can you tell me I should buy GCR membership or not? I went to a presentation yesterday in Maryland, at the end we bought a membership from GCR for a lifetime, because we want to get rid of our timeshare (our maintenance fee is go up every 2 or 3 yrs). This morning my husband went online and saw lots of people gave bad reviews for this company, only a few that said good. Please give me a honest comment that I should buy this membership or not. thanks in advance for your help me to decide that I should buy or not. I have 10 days to change my mind even I already signed a contract. Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you read all 27 posts in this thread?

If you have any doubt, rescind before it's too late!

Then take your time, do your research, and make the decision that's right for you WITH NO PRESSURE!

Notice that the people enthusiastically supporting this company are "guests" with only a few posts - form your own conclusions. In fact "betterwayvacations" has not even been back to TUG in a year...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you read all 27 posts in this thread?

If you have any doubt, rescind before it's too late!

Then take your time, do your research, and make the decision that's right for you WITH NO PRESSURE!

Notice that the people enthusiastically supporting this company are "guests" with only a few posts - form your own conclusions. In fact "betterwayvacations" has not even been back to TUG in a year...

Hi DensieM,

Has it been more than a year already? I never receive notifications for these posts so didn't know I should pop back.

Anyway, we've been members since 2008 and have never had any issues whatsoever with the club. We've probably SAVED over $10,000 on the trips we have taken. Here is a short list of some of the trips:

Grand Mayan Neuvo Vallarta, 2 bedroom $699
Pueblo Bonito, Mazatlan, Studio $550
Workmark Canadian, Vancouver, 1 bedroom, $699
Hacienda del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, studio, $385
Aventuras Club, Aventuras MX, 2 bedroom, $499
Marina Fiesta, Cabo San Lucas, 1 bedroom, $398
Buganvilias Vacation Club, Puerto Vallarta, 1 bedroom $398
Playa Grande, Cabo San Lucas, 1 bedroom, $699

and the list goes on. As you can tell, we like Mexico :)

We love the membership. PM me if you have questions.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
#1 - Renting in Mexico is cheap and plentiful everywhere - that doesn't prove anything.

#2 - It appears that you have a commercial business under that same name as your user name, and I suspect that you sell this product, or have a vested interest in promoting it - neither is permitted on TUG.

Last edited:

edmund36

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another vacation club? www.saveonresorts.com ?

Went to a presentation and told we would get a 7 day cruise with air. Found out later you get a discounted vacation after all said and done. 1st upfront fee $75, then 2nd $95, then pick your choice of dates, no confirmation of dates until X days before you travel. High pressure sales and no free gift; I'm a true sucker for even going to their presentation to think i would get all that for just attending a presentation. Buyer beware. Do not go to a presentation by www.saveonresorts.com . Just google this and you will see repeated instances of same thing as my experience.

adioranan

Reaction score
Are you sure? It's said "THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED"

GCR BBB Rating

GCR has an A+ rating with the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/...-crown-resort-marketing-in-oviedo-fl-22002488

My wife and I have been members of GCR since July 2007 and have used it, on average, 2 or 3 times per year. The rates range from $99 to $799 per week. The most we have ever paid was $699 and the lowest was $285.

Here are some of the locations and prices we've enjoyed:

Grand Mayan, Nuevo Vallarta - 2 Bedroom - Dec - $699
Worldmark "The Canadian", Vancouver BC - one bedroom - July - $699
Pueblo Bonito, Mazatlan - April - Studio - $550
Hacienda del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, Studio - Dec - $285
Marina Fiesta, Cabo San Lucas, 1 bedroom, Oct - $298
Aventuras Club, Puerto Aventuras, Mexico, 2 bedroom, June - $499

Upcoming Dec 29 - Jan 5/13. Playa Grande, Cabo San Lucas, 1 bedroom, $699

As you can tell... we like Cabo :)

All the above resorts are 4 or 5 stars and some were peak season.

We are shocked by the mis-information on this site (and others). We have nothing but good things to say about this membership.

We've enjoyed the most amazing vacations and it is ALL because of this membership! It is a real shame that more people won't get to experience the same because of so many unfounded negative comments.

Oh well.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you are quoting a 3 year old post from someone who was already outed as a shill, there is no sense in taking anything he said at face value =)

adioranan

Reaction score
Hello, yes I noticed. Just wanted to get any information of it like maybe 3 years a go it really got rated or not. I think if it ever got rated, should be recorded in BBB and stated other than "THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED", maybe something like "THIS BUSINESS WAS BBB ACCREDITED", etc. Thanks for responding though :)

Anyway how come no one responding to the link he gave? I think the rate was true at that time coz people are more possible to respond when it's not true?

Lastly, does anyone know anything about or has experience with Sky Enigma Malaysia whose claim to be GCR's representative?

Thx