• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I DÃ*d the update in MP have a few questions i hope you can help please

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello im on MP Riviera Maya i just make the update and they offer me to upgrade my 7 weeks mayan palace and my grand mayan (all 2br) for $32,000 usd
Want to know if this is ok they give only 8 vida weeks for 100 years renovation Half maintenance fee for every 10 years for each week. Plus 4 suite MP. All only pay if i use

What i own i have old MP weeks so my maintenance for that are $615 usd week if i upgrade have to pay $1,260 for Grand Mayan and $960 for MP

Also they tell me about vida credit or money that every dolar i pay of maintenance, they give me this points or credit don't remember the right name, any one have use for this?

Just want to know what you think about this offer?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own 7 weeks in Mexico, you are immune to any advice you are going to receive here

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you unhappy with what you already own? Haven't they gotten enough of your money?

I wouldn't do it, but I have managed to avoid any entanglement with the always upgrading and abandoning 'lesser' owners Mayan Group. Nice resorts, but at the expense of users (who actually 'own' nothing).

As Rent_Share said. If you don't know their ways by now, nothing you read here will change your mind.

Jim

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update MP

I would NOT give them anymore of your money. Don't do it would be my advise. You have plenty of weeks to enjoy the resort with a very comfortable maintenance fee. Why would you upgrade to get the same amount of weeks for a huge increase in fees? You can do a lot with what you have. Are you a member of any exchange company eg. SFX or RCI? If you can't make it to Mexico you could place your weeks into these companies and enjoy many wonderful vacations throughout the world?

I don't know much about the Vida dollars BUT I think you can only use a percentage of the maintenance fee for specific items eg. Vacuum cleaners, fridges, tv's I mean how often does one buy these things???? You can also use these dollars for extra trips. I'm sure there are layers of conditions that apply here as well. BUT, you already have several week. Why not enjoy what you have. Vida is always coming up with new ways to entice you to upgrade which is always to THEIR advantage NOT yours. And remember, those maintenance fees go UP every year. Just check how many Grand Mayan and Grand Luxxe weeks are for sale on the internet. People are trying to get rid of them. Good luck with your decision and try not to get drawn into the sales reps fast and confusing talk.

:hi:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fully agree with prior posters.

Anytime a Developer sales weasel is going to make your TS ownership "more gooder" the only thing guaranteed is that it will cost you money and he will get the money he needs to pay his bills.

Stay far away from owner updates, they are hazardous to your financial health!

Attachments

• Humm.png
    Humm.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 10

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to all i just one to be sure that i do right on not to upgrade, if i will upgrade maybe will do when i have to pay the 5 maintenance fees (for another 25 years) but that will be on 9 years so have many time to think thanks all for your help