• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would spend more time enjoying your team and the games you like to watch. It is suppose to be fun.

Actually that is the best advice on this thread.

There are going to be some very good games the next few weeks and the playoffs stand to include some legendary ones.

Woo Hoo

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
FSU isnt my love child, I graduated from the university.

FSU plays miami and florida every year...both of those were annual out of conference games on FSU's schedule that would normally rank extremely high strength wise.

Then Miami up and joined the ACC...and florida started sucking....so neither count for much anymore other than rivalry games.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miami has ended several FSU winning streaks.

Remember this:
In a climactic ending however, the Hurricanes' defense stood its ground and denied the 'Noles victory as Christian Ponder's final pass was dropped in the endzone - sealing the Miami victory.

Hurricane warning is up. :rolleyes:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
FSU isnt my love child, I graduated from the university.

FSU plays miami and florida every year...both of those were annual out of conference games on FSU's schedule that would normally rank extremely high strength wise.

Then Miami up and joined the ACC...and florida started sucking....so neither count for much anymore other than rivalry games.

Add Ole Miss in 2016.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ive been to most fsu vs miami and uf games since 1993.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/1...un-becomes-two-traffic-tickets.html?referrer=

Brian, what are your thoughts on Jimbo Fisher and all these negative stories coming out about the FSU program? I've personally lost a lot of respect for Jimbo Fisher over the last year and these stories are making him look terrible. When he came out defending Winston over the autograph scandal saying Winston just signed them for fans around the stadium, he looked like a fool! I could care less if Winston did get paid for them which it's pretty obvious he did, but it made Jimbo look like a damn fool in his defense of Winston.

I loved Bobby Bowden and all he stood for, but when it comes to Jimbo I really don't think much of him. He doesn't seem very ethical or honest.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if MSU is really the #1 team in the land, would they be a double digit dog in the road? That kinda tells you what Vegas thinks of the current #1 team in the land.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
guess I was missing where it was obvious he was paid for them...what makes you draw that conclusion?

I am personally of the camp where once you get arrested/charged with something....you should be suspended. However, until you are arrested/charged....you have every right to keep playing. I think Jimbo feels the same (however I have no doubt he wakes up daily slapping his forehead reading story after story)...but what else can a coach do but defend his players?

Should he choose to keep defending them once they are charged....my opinion of him will most certainly change.

I think the NY times author that keeps publishing all this stuff is certainly doing it for reasons other than "reporting the truth".

its absurd how badly his other piece on Winston was torn apart by the actual facts of the case he left out of his story. (not that I care to get into that in particular on here).

The most recent thing is also pretty sketchy, in that it amounts to two kids in an accident deemed so minor by the other driver and the cops, that the only thing to come of it were two traffic tickets.

Last edited:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am personally of the camp where once you get arrested/charged with something....you should be suspended. However, until you are arrested/charged....you have every right to keep playing. I think Jimbo feels the same (however I have no doubt he wakes up daily slapping his forehead reading story after story)...but what else can a coach do but defend his players?

I agree 100% with this sentiment - unless it's a clear violation let them play on, innuendo and supposition are for the dictionary game - not peoples real lives.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if MSU is really the #1 team in the land, would they be a double digit dog in the road? That kinda tells you what Vegas thinks of the current #1 team in the land.

Vegas has always liked the Tide since Nick took over - here is what he said on the subject ....

"I get the feeling sometimes when people say Mississippi State, they think about the past," Saban said. "We're not playing Mississippi State. We're playing the No. 1 team in the country. They deserve what they have by the body of work and what they've done to this point."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/11/alabama_host_no_1_mississippi.html

Go Ducks :cheer:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
guess I was missing where it was obvious he was paid for them...what makes you draw that conclusion?

Ugh, come on Brian. It's obvious to anybody looking at the situation except through garnet covered glasses. 2000 sequentially signed items signed in the perfect spot with the same consistency. Many of the items were just the number 5 which are obviously meant to be later sewn onto a jersey. It's easier for a dealer to transport 1000 #5's than 1000 jerseys. Why would he do that unless he got paid? Did he just want to spend him time doing the dealer a favor? It's pretty damn obvious that he very likely got paid.

That being said, I'm actually in the camp where I think these star athletes should be able to get paid for signing autographs. However, I think it's embarassing for Jimbo and the FSU AD to make these lame excuses about him signing these items at baseball games or whatever. It makes them look like fools.

Last edited:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The most recent thing is also pretty sketchy, in that it amounts to two kids in an accident deemed so minor by the other driver and the cops, that the only thing to come of it were two traffic tickets.

You're right it is pretty sketchy that both cars were totaled (2 totaled cars doesn't seem like a minor accident to me) early in the morning and the FSU Football players fled the scene and when they were finally located they weren't tested for alcohol and just got some minor traffic tickets.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree with this sentiment as well unless the Talahasee PD is intentionally protecting the FSU players by not charging them like they would an ordinary student or citizen.

The coach should defend his players unless it's obvious those players are making him look like a fool. That was my whole point with the autograph stuff. Like I said, I actually think Winston should have the right to get paid for them. However, the way Jimbo is defending it is frankly making him look like a fool.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
...I am personally of the camp where once you get arrested/charged with something....you should be suspended. ....

I don't agree with this. Just being charged with something should not be grounds for anyone's suspension.

People are charged with crimes everyday that are unfounded. Until it's obvious the charges are true, I think suspensions are a violation of our right to be innocent until proven guilty.

In the case of athletes, false or careless criminal charges could end ones career or diminish ones value on the open market.

If guilty, then let the career be ruined.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The NCAA and their members are suppose to self-report any and all possible infractions. It is not a court of law. If the coach suspects, and in this case he should, the player should not be playing. If the truth comes out the games may be forfeited and the other players lose what they have done. He could have just sat the 4 games and be done with it.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida St has met their enemy and it is themselves. There is no way this team will withstand all these distractions. They're going down at some point, probably sooner rather than later.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The NCAA and their members are suppose to self-report any and all possible infractions. It is not a court of law. If the coach suspects, and in this case he should, the player should not be playing. If the truth comes out the games may be forfeited and the other players lose what they have done. He could have just sat the 4 games and be done with it.

My point is that accusations alone should not bring sanctions, there must be reasonable proof whether you're talking about the law or NCAA rules.

Ohio State went through this a few years ago and Jim Tressel was dismissed over it. Free tattoos for memorabilia that was given to the players. (Apparently the recipients of rings and trophies don't really own them and they can't sell them.

Tressel could have saved his job and the schools one year sanction by reporting what he knew when he knew it. He tried to hide it and it bit him.

We had a top team the year the sanctions were enforced but the school was Bowl ineligible.

Tressel is the one who caused Michigan's current problems IMO. They had a recent string of victories against us until he got here and the tables turned. They've been scrambling ever since to get a coach that can make them win again.

Here in Ohio those national standings aren't important to us fans. It's important to the school and the conference for the revenue generated but the only thing that matters to many of us and to Michigan fans is to win that last regular season game.:cheer:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My point is that accusations alone should not bring sanctions, there must be reasonable proof whether you're talking about the law or NCAA rules.

Reasonable proof is that there are thousand of items that he signed. Why else would he do it? Has the coach or AD asked him if he received compensation and if he said no did they tell him how bad of an idea it was to do that for free?

I think signing thousands of items for one person should be against NCAA rules regardless if there was compensation or not. Takes the grey area out of it.

Does anyone on here think he did not receive compensation for those signings?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh, come on Brian. It's obvious to anybody looking at the situation except through garnet covered glasses. 2000 sequentially signed items signed in the perfect spot with the same consistency. Many of the items were just the number 5 which are obviously meant to be later sewn onto a jersey. It's easier for a dealer to transport 1000 #5's than 1000 jerseys. Why would he do that unless he got paid? Did he just want to spend him time doing the dealer a favor? It's pretty damn obvious that he very likely got paid.

That being said, I'm actually in the camp where I think these star athletes should be able to get paid for signing autographs. However, I think it's embarassing for Jimbo and the FSU AD to make these lame excuses about him signing these items at baseball games or whatever. It makes them look like fools.

it wasnt at a dealer, all the items werent even in the same place...these "Sequential" numbered items were merely record lists from a business based in the southeast united states that verifies sports memorabilia signatures....one that doesn't even sell anything other than their services to verify a signature is legit.

What would you expect to find at such a shop if not thousands records of signatures from the current Heisman trophy winning football player whos from the south, plays in the south, and in every media headline on earth?

its not like they were all for sale at the same shop, or were all provided by the same person! (if you read something different, please show me).

So ill ask again, what proof did you get that he was paid for signatures?

That partic

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
You're right it is pretty sketchy that both cars were totaled (2 totaled cars doesn't seem like a minor accident to me) early in the morning and the FSU Football players fled the scene and when they were finally located they weren't tested for alcohol and just got some minor traffic tickets.

three problems I have with that.

1. both cars were very old...with damage coming on both cars in the front corners (given the accident diagram posted in the article)....so it would take very little to "total" a car worth only a few grand....its not like it was a colission between a ferarri and a mercedes here.

2. Ive been in a number of accidents....and ive never known a police officer to also be an insurance adjuster.

3. The players werent "located"....the story (if you got to the bottom) shows they came back on their own after a very short time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't agree with this. Just being charged with something should not be grounds for anyone's suspension.

People are charged with crimes everyday that are unfounded. Until it's obvious the charges are true, I think suspensions are a violation of our right to be innocent until proven guilty.

In the case of athletes, false or careless criminal charges could end ones career or diminish ones value on the open market.

If guilty, then let the career be ruined.

I suppose that is a valid argument...and I guess it would really have to depend on the charges and evidence provided.

but I am not aware of any college in the spotlight that would not immediately suspend a player upon a felony arrest.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reasonable proof is that there are thousand of items that he signed. Why else would he do it? Has the coach or AD asked him if he received compensation and if he said no did they tell him how bad of an idea it was to do that for free?

I think signing thousands of items for one person should be against NCAA rules regardless if there was compensation or not. Takes the grey area out of it.

Does anyone on here think he did not receive compensation for those signings?

there is absolutely nothing in the NCAA rulebook about signing autographs (long as you dont get paid)

as it was pointed out...Winston stays long after every baseball game and signs autographs for hours for fans. there is lengthy video proof of this.

are you going to suspend every player of every college team that signs an autograph? thats going to make for some really awful football games.

Last edited:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moving day for Mississippi State :confused: - how far will they fall - I'm thinking down to 5th or 6th. After all it was a pretty good team they lost to.

Will the Tide or Oregon (or FSU?) move into #1?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is absolutely nothing in the NCAA rulebook about signing autographs (long as you dont get paid)

as it was pointed out...Winston stays long after every baseball game and signs autographs for hours for fans. there is lengthy video proof of this.

are you going to suspend every player of every college team that signs an autograph? thats going to make for some really awful football games.

I said I think it should be against the NCAA rules. Especially in the way and the items he signed. I said thousands not an autograph.

FSU fans are welcome to keep their head in the sand on this issue but for me it just devalues the school and the degree.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moving day for Mississippi State :confused: - how far will they fall - I'm thinking down to 5th or 6th. After all it was a pretty good team they lost to.

Will the Tide or Oregon (or FSU?) move into #1?

I'm thinking 4th or 5th for MSU. FSU game tonight may be a factor for #1.