• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moving day for Mississippi State :confused: - how far will they fall - I'm thinking down to 5th or 6th. After all it was a pretty good team they lost to.

Will the Tide or Oregon (or FSU?) move into #1?

It will not be TCU. I prefer a idle team does not take over the top spot. I would say if FSU wins it is theirs. Even though their Notre Dame win keeps getting devalued.

I do not see much changing next week as across the board it is almost a bye week.

Then the last week conference championship games will change everything again.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
FSU fans are welcome to keep their head in the sand on this issue but for me it just devalues the school and the degree.

Thats a little too far IMO. It's still a good school with a lot of good people.

What it has done IMO is make Jimbo Fisher look like a fool and a complete tool! It also raises some what I think are very valid concerns with how the community (Talahasee PD as an example) is treating the football players and they've gotten too absorbed with winning at all costs that it does appear like they're compromising some integrity.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I predict UGA will maul the Auburn Thugs, I mean Tigers, by a score of 34-7.
LOL

What a gratifying victory after last year's unbelievable last-second loss to the lucky thugs on a tipped pass (4 of the current Auburn players were previously kicked off the UGA team for various crimes and Auburn welcomed them with open arms)!

Sleeping well tonight. This past week has been hell waiting on this game.

Go Dawgs ..... with some luck they might be playing Alabama for the SEC championship, altho I never bet on UGA to do anything. They're heartbreakers more often than not, but they do have some awesome talent.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moving day for Mississippi State :confused: - how far will they fall - I'm thinking down to 5th or 6th. After all it was a pretty good team they lost to.

Will the Tide or Oregon (or FSU?) move into #1?

Man I hope Georgia can make it into the championship game because I think they would have a shot at upsetting the West team. I think Missouri will get rolled by the West team if they make it and they're currently in the drivers seat. Missouri lost to Indiana and got rolled by Georgia.

It would be really interesting to see what happens if Georgia wins the SEC championship game! Would a one loss MSU team that fails to make it to the championship game make it into the playoff over a SEC champion Georgia team? MSU's quality wins (LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M and potentially Ole Miss) are fading fast in impressiveness and their out of conference schedule is absolutely pathetic.

Who knows, if the SEC East team wins the championship game maybe the SEC will get shut out of the playoff! :eek: The only team I'm really rooting for to make the playoff is Georgia.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Man I hope Georgia can make it into the championship game because I think they would have a shot at upsetting the West team. I think Missouri will get rolled by the West team if they make it and they're currently in the drivers seat. Missouri lost to Indiana and got rolled by Georgia.

It would be really interesting to see what happens if Georgia wins the SEC championship game! Would a one loss MSU team that fails to make it to the championship game make it into the playoff over a SEC champion Georgia team? MSU's quality wins (LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M and potentially Ole Miss) are fading fast in impressiveness and their out of conference schedule is absolutely pathetic.

Who knows, if the SEC East team wins the championship game maybe the SEC will get shut out of the playoff! :eek: The only team I'm really rooting for to make the playoff is Georgia.

I must have clicked SUBMIT 2 seconds after you, as your post wasn't there when I typed mine. But I hope you're right, and it would be even more controversial than ever if the SEC champ possibly got shut out of the playoffs. It might then have to go to an 8-team playoff I guess....lol

also, what the heck happened to Clemson today? Can't believe they lost to Ga Tech....Didn't see that coming!!! I hate that.

Last edited:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I predict UGA will maul the Auburn Thugs, I mean Tigers, by a score of 34-7.
LOL

What a gratifying victory after last year's unbelievable last-second loss to the lucky thugs on a tipped pass (4 of the current Auburn players were previously kicked off the UGA team for various crimes and Auburn welcomed them with open arms)!

Sleeping well tonight. This past week has been hell waiting on this game.

Go Dawgs ..... with some luck they might be playing Alabama for the SEC championship, altho I never bet on UGA to do anything. They're heartbreakers more often than not, but they do have some awesome talent.

Yeah man, I'm rooting hard for them! Texas A&M laid an egg today at home and didn't do the dogs any favors. It would be a shame if Missouri made the championship game!

I think highly of Mark Richt! He has integrity and does the right thing even if that means suspending or dismissing his best players! That's unlike Jimbo Fisher who's getting played the fool by his players!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I said I think it should be against the NCAA rules. Especially in the way and the items he signed. I said thousands not an autograph.

FSU fans are welcome to keep their head in the sand on this issue but for me it just devalues the school and the degree.

I believe you are incorrectly assuming as so many are, that someone...somewhere has thousands of winston autographs in one bulk lot...which is not the case.

What exactly would you expect to find records of at a business thats sole purpose, is to verify autographs?

It is about as far apart from the GURLEY issue as it can get, as with the gurley situation you have an individual making a claim (with apparent proof in video format) that he paid gurley to sign autographs. Again, I would like to know what evidence you are using to make your claim, vs just reading a media headline and drawing a conclusion.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly an amazing day of football games for sure.

I dont have any fingernails left =)

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you are incorrectly assuming as so many are, that someone...somewhere has thousands of winston autographs in one bulk lot...which is not the case.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0.Xjsa+winston.TRS0&_nkw=jsa+winston&_sacat=0

It's been like this on eBay for over a month. The average fan can't even get a custom Winston jersey (you can get the number, but not the number and nameplate) as they're not licensed or sold by the NCAA. Those custom jerseys with the number and the nameplate are mainly supplied and sold by guess who - dealers! You can't get them in the FSU bookstore or the local malls in Talahasee. To believe that all those custom jerseys were signed in public at a baseball game or whatever is complete baloney! It's much more likely that he signed a bunch of number 5's not yet sewn onto a jersey in a private sitting with a dealer who then later had them sewn onto a custom jersey with his nameplate.

There are also a lot of perfectly packaged and signed mini helmets.

Last edited:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is about as far apart from the GURLEY issue as it can get, as with the gurley situation you have an individual making a claim (with apparent proof in video format) that he paid gurley to sign autographs.

Yup, the differences are

1. There is an apparent video of Gurley signing for money. There is no apparent video of Winston which must mean he clearly did not get paid for all of those dealer quality autographs. :rolleyes:

2. Mark Richt is the clear leader of his program! He's not afraid to suspend or even dismiss his star players. Jimbo Fisher obviously doesn't mind getting played the fool by his players and his players have the power and authority over him!

FSU is a team I would actually occasionally root for under the leadership of Bobby Bowden. IMO Jimbo has shown a great lack of moral character and leadership over the past 1-2 years and I'm finding it harder and harder to root for FSU because of it.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
also, what the heck happened to Clemson today? Can't believe they lost to Ga Tech....Didn't see that coming!!! I hate that.

What happened is that their future star true freshman starting QB (rated #1 dual threat QB in HS and who looked awesome when he played earlier in the season) who just returned today from a broken hand hurt his knee on the second series of the game. Still don't know how bad it is, but it didn't look great the way he went down. Our 5th year senior QB, who's been really sub par this year, came in and on I think his 3rd play threw an 80 yard pic 6. He threw another pic 6 in the 3rd quarter and he was just absolutely pathetic today and Dabo finally replaced him with a walk-on. The defense actually played well and only gave up 2 scores with Clemson's inept offense always putting them on the field in poor field position.

Sort of like Mark Richt, our projected starting QB for this year, Chad Kelly (Jim Kelly's nephew and highly recruited out of HS), was kicked off the team by Dabo immediately after the spring game for throwing his helmet and yelling at coaches on the sideline. BTW, Chad Kelly is now the #1 rated JC QB and he's being actively recruited by Alabama and FSU and VT has already made him an offer.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Alabama will be number 1 this week followed by Oregon or Florida State as the number 2 team in the nation.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
There will be at least one SEC team in the playoff group and second, if Florida St goes undefeated they will make the final four too.

The media has been beating the drum of the opposite for weeks and it appears even some here have bought into it. It's good for talk, but let's see it happen. It won't happen.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
certainly an amazing day of football games for sure.

I dont have any fingernails left =)

I enjoyed the evening games. I kept switching back and forth between Fl St/Miami and MU/Texas AM.

Mizzou is getting better.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
There will be at least one SEC team in the playoff group and second, if Florida St goes undefeated they will make the final four too.

The media has been beating the drum of the opposite for weeks and it appears even some here have bought into it. It's good for talk, but let's see it happen. It won't happen.

Oh I think there will surely be a SEC team in the playoff. I'm just speculating on some "what if" scenarios that I actually don't think will happen. I think most likely Alabama will beat Auburn and then win the SEC championship game and be in the playoff. However, what if Alabama loses the SEC championship game and now the SEC champion is a 2 loss team? :cool:

What I think is apparent now is that it's very unlikely that there will be 2 SEC teams in the playoff. Remember when the playoff committee rankings first came out and 3 of the top 4 teams were SEC West teams? Everybody then was saying then there would surely be 2 SEC teams in the playoff. I don't think a 1 loss MSU team will make it in because their quality wins (LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn and potentially Ole Miss) are quickly losing their shine and MSU's out of conference schedule is pathetic.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think a 1 loss MSU team will make it in because their quality wins (LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn and potentially Ole Miss) are quickly losing their shine and MSU's out of conference schedule is pathetic.

I think Miss St. has a great shot at it, assuming they beat Ole Miss. The big advantage they have is their remaining schedule. The other schools are going to have to get past their conference playoff - and that will probably take one or two down.

I don't see Miss St. dropping beyond the 5th spot this week.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Miss St. has a great shot at it, assuming they beat Ole Miss. The big advantage they have is their remaining schedule. The other schools are going to have to get past their conference playoff - and that will probably take one or two down.

I don't see Miss St. dropping beyond the 5th spot this week.

They're only remaining significant game is Ole Miss. Vanderbilt is terrible and won't help them at all. They're quality wins will end up being:

LSU: Will be a 4 or 5 loss team depending on who wins their game against Texas A&M
Texas A&M: 4 or 5 loss team (see LSU)
Auburn: 4 loss team if Alabama beats them
Ole Miss: 3 loss team is MSU beats them

Ole Miss will still be a good win, but they're remaining quality wins will probably drop out of the Top 25 or at least to the bottom of the Top 25. Add to that that they're out of conference schedule was atrocious.

They may only drop to #5, but I don't think they can get back into the Top 4 unless one of the Top 4 trips up or several, if not all, of the other remaining Top 10 1 loss teams (OSU, TCU, Baylor) trip up.

MSU's best hope now is that Auburn beats Alabama, they beat Ole Miss and get into and win the SEC championship game. Short of that I don't think they'll make it in the playoff.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course there will be an SEC team in the playoff. They could all finish 6-6 and one of them would still make it. Even though the conference is barely above .500 against the other Power 5's in the last 15 years, it's an unwritten rule that the SEC gets a spot.

What's kind of funny is MSU's strength of schedule went way down (no wins over any team with less than 3 losses), but Alabama gets big props for beating them. Oh, and TCU gets reamed (at least by the media thus far) for squeaking by Kansas, but where was the outrage when Bama squeaked by a crappy Arkansas team?

Good thing there's no double standard. :hysterical:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where MSU falls to today is really the only important decision to be made.

When was the last time a team lost to 6, 6, 7, 10, 1 and still have to face 10 and whatever mizzou will be ranked at in two weeks. While beating #17. They are not as bad as their record shows.

A two loss SEC conference championship team would make the top 4.

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
but where was the outrage when Bama squeaked by a crappy Arkansas team?

Good thing there's no double standard. :hysterical:
The Hogs are only crappy by SEC standards, they might win the All Cupcake Conference and would be an upper level B1G team.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
MSU's best hope now is that Auburn beats Alabama, they beat Ole Miss and get into and win the SEC championship game. Short of that I don't think they'll make it in the playoff.

That's where we disagree. I believe MSU makes it if they beat Ole Miss. It's all speculation at this point.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0.Xjsa+winston.TRS0&_nkw=jsa+winston&_sacat=0

It's been like this on eBay for over a month. The average fan can't even get a custom Winston jersey (you can get the number, but not the number and nameplate) as they're not licensed or sold by the NCAA. Those custom jerseys with the number and the nameplate are mainly supplied and sold by guess who - dealers! You can't get them in the FSU bookstore or the local malls in Talahasee. To believe that all those custom jerseys were signed in public at a baseball game or whatever is complete baloney! It's much more likely that he signed a bunch of number 5's not yet sewn onto a jersey in a private sitting with a dealer who then later had them sewn onto a custom jersey with his nameplate.

There are also a lot of perfectly packaged and signed mini helmets.

lol..some of this is just ridiculous.

Average person cant use google to find an FSU stitched jersey? really?

http://www.fsportsfanshop.com/nike-florida-state-seminoles-fsu-jameis-winston-5-black-stitch-jersey

cmon man...you can get a stitched jersey of any college or pro team of any number or name you like on it.

You can get a "nameplate" from any one of thousands of trophy vendors...all for about 7 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMEIS-WINS...FOR-SIGNED-FOOTBALL-HELMET-8x10-/271444336449

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
lol..some of this is just ridiculous.

Average person cant use google to find an FSU stitched jersey? really?

http://www.fsportsfanshop.com/nike-florida-state-seminoles-fsu-jameis-winston-5-black-stitch-jersey

cmon man...you can get a stitched jersey of any college or pro team of any number or name you like on it.

You can get a "nameplate" from any one of thousands of trophy vendors...all for about 7 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMEIS-WINS...FOR-SIGNED-FOOTBALL-HELMET-8x10-/271444336449

It's OK Brian, you can continue to view things through you Garnet covered glasses and continue to believe that he didn't sign all those custom jerseys with a dealer and instead signed them to average fans at baseball games. It makes you look foolish, but hey it's a free country and like you said there is no smoking gun video tape.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where MSU falls to today is really the only important decision to be made.

When was the last time a team lost to 6, 6, 7, 10, 1 and still have to face 10 and whatever mizzou will be ranked at in two weeks. While beating #17. They are not as bad as their record shows.

Do you really think the commitee is going look at the highest ranking any team had throughout the season when evaluating those quality wins? I don't think they will. I think they're going to look at where those teams ended up (with 4 or 5 losses and not ranked in some cases) when making the final determination on how "quality" those wins actually were.

BTW, MSU will only get to face Missouri or Georgia IF Auburn beats Alabama. Otherwise they'll be on the outside looking in on the SEC championship game. That's why I stated above that I think they're going to need a lot of help to get back into the 4 teams for the playoff.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's OK Brian, you can continue to view things through you Garnet covered glasses and continue to believe that he didn't sign all those custom jerseys with a dealer and instead signed them to average fans at baseball games. It makes you look foolish, but hey it's a free country and like you said there is no smoking gun video tape.

Ive asked you repeatedly for you to provide proof to support your claim....at this point your only posts have been to call me foolish.

*shrug...to each his own.