• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
fun facts of the day for folks on the "FSU doesnt play anybody and barely wins"

beating a 4 loss team by 10 points, a 5 loss team by 1 point, another 5 loss team by 14 points, needing overtime to beat a 4 loss team, and losing to a 3 loss team.

but no, this isnt FSU's record....its the "complete team, number 1 ranked in the nation" Crimson Tide.

and if alabama beats auburn...that will make:

ole miss
auburn
texas a&m
south carolina
LSU

all at one point being ranked in the top 10 (and most within the top 5)....being unranked with 3 or more losses at the end of the season.

Because they are all in the the same division some have to lose and some have to win.

LSU, Arkansas and A&M are all receiving votes. Auburn and Ole Miss are ranked with their biggest game of the year coming up. MISS and Alabama are at the top. Who have those teams beat OOC and who have they lost to? Who have they lost to in the east?

If Miss state and Alabama make the playoff then who is the SEC representative in the other top bowl? My guess is Georgia. This will bring all the other teams up in the pecking order for the bowls.

If all 4 teams win out I would put Alabama 1st, MSU 4th. Is there anything in place to not have rematches in the first round?

Why so little talk about who would be playing in the other 4 bowls?

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Im still hoping Clemson can get the Orange Bowl which is one of the main reasons I'm hoping FSU makes the playoff. The loss to Georgia Tech hurts and we will have to beat South Carolina. Clemson fans travel really well and are very supportive so we usually get better bowls then we sometimes deserve. So if we beat South Carolina and FSU makes the playoff, then I'm thinking the Orange Bowl will take Clemson over Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech fans won't like it, but the Orange Bowl knows that Clemson will easily bring at least twice as many fans as Georgia Tech would. The same thing happened last year when they took Clemson over Duke.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How can Alabama be number 1 playing a team last week ranked ??? in the college ranking ?

Last edited:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can Alabama be number 1 playing a team last week ranked ??? in the college ranking ?

The reason Alabama is ranked #1 is that a bunch of smart educated people who promised to try and be "neutral" in their voting think that the Tide would beat any other team in the nation AT THIS TIME if they played on a neutral field.

Anyone can argue against that supposition, that is their right. Brian likes to argue against it because he's a fanatical of the Noles. Clemson Fan is well - a Clemson fan. Arguing against it doesn't change the supposition - only beating the Tide "on the field" would do that and who is going to do that?

Me, I think the Crimson Tide stands a pretty good chance of taking home that trophy even considering I am really a Ducks fan at heart - I even have an "O" on my car.

My greatest hope is for some great games - woo hoo!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because they are all in the the same division some have to lose and some have to win.

LSU, Arkansas and A&M are all receiving votes. Auburn and Ole Miss are ranked with their biggest game of the year coming up. MISS and Alabama are at the top. Who have those teams beat OOC and who have they lost to? Who have they lost to in the east?

If Miss state and Alabama make the playoff then who is the SEC representative in the other top bowl? My guess is Georgia. This will bring all the other teams up in the pecking order for the bowls.

If all 4 teams win out I would put Alabama 1st, MSU 4th. Is there anything in place to not have rematches in the first round?

What Brian always fails to point out is that the SEC West has 5 of the last 10 National Championship Trophies in their glass cases - and the SEC East has 2 more.

To rail against the SEC and especially the SEC West for testing each other under fire is silly - since that is WHY they are the strongest conference - period.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Arguing against it doesn't change the supposition - only beating the Tide "on the field" would do that and who is going to do that?

!

um...how about ole miss?

the issue you regularly gloss over is that the teams get ranked so high because of their performance against other highly ranked teams in the same conference that later on down the road prove to be average at best.

MSU and Ole miss were propped up to their top 5 rankings for beating teams that arent even ranked anymore, but at the time were ranked in the top 10 "because SEC" before they started showing signs of being just like every other team outside of the SEC (ie, they started losing games they should have won based on their ranking)

if your main argument is that FSU "doesnt play anybody", you simply cannot ignore the fact that the super highlight wins on the other side of the argument (ie, sec vs sec games) count just as much as acc vs acc games when discussing teams outside the top 25.

Should FSU have beaten BC by more than 3 points with a FG in the 4th quarter? sure!

Should Alabama have beaten arkansas by more than 1 point with a TD in the 4th quarter? Id think so given you want to rank them number 1 and claim they are the best and most "complete team".

If auburn had won the title last year, and was undefeated all through this year....every SEC fan's head would explode the minute they went from number 1, to number 2 in the polls...not to even another drop to 3.

Last edited:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason Alabama is ranked #1 is that a bunch of smart educated people who promised to try and be "neutral" in their voting think that the Tide would beat any other team in the nation AT THIS TIME if they played on a neutral field.

Anyone can argue against that supposition, that is their right. Brian likes to argue against it because he's a fanatical of the Noles. Clemson Fan is well - a Clemson fan. Arguing against it doesn't change the supposition - only beating the Tide "on the field" would do that and who is going to do that?

Me, I think the Crimson Tide stands a pretty good chance of taking home that trophy even considering I am really a Ducks fan at heart - I even have an "O" on my car.

My greatest hope is for some great games - woo hoo!

Uhm, where did I argue that Alabama shouldn't be #1? I actually think Alabama should be #1 and for the most part the committee has the rankings correct.

A lot of what I write about is just thinking about "what if" scenarios and most of them I don't think will actually happen. I'm just saying "what if".

If I were to put money down on it right now I would put my money down on Alabama to win it all. I won't be rooting for that, but I do think that's the most likely outcome. I'll actually root for your ducks to win if they end up playing Alabama, but I just don't think that will happen. I was rooting for the ducks against Auburn several years back and they really disappointed me. I was also rooting for the ducks in the Rose Bowl game I went to where they played Wisconsin. I didn't realize at the time that I would end up being a huge Russell Wilson fan in the NFL and that was his last college game.

If MSU actually makes it into the playoff, I'm actually going to root for them since I like rooting for the historically lesser than programs. I honestly don't think MSU will make it in unless 2 of the Top 6 lose. Again, the one factor that we really don't have any idea how the committee will value is a conference championship. I think that will be a HUGE factor and because of that OSU will jump MSU in the end. I don't like OSU at all or really any of the Big 10. I'd personally like to see MSU make it ahead of OSU.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
If MSU actually makes it into the playoff, I'm actually going to root for them since I like rooting for the historically lesser than programs. I honestly don't think MSU will make it in unless 2 of the Top 6 lose. Again, the one factor that we really don't have any idea how the committee will value is a conference championship. I think that will be a HUGE factor and because of that OSU will jump MSU in the end. I don't like OSU at all or really any of the Big 10. I'd personally like to see MSU make it ahead of OSU.

MSU is in the unenvied position of being a team that if they make it to the playoffs some will say it's because of the SEC, and then if they miss the playoffs it will be because of the SEC (and not wanting two SEC teams in).

I've been saying here all along that if they win the last game they'll make it.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
MSU is in the unenvied position of being a team that if they make it to the playoffs some will say it's because of the SEC, and then if they miss the playoffs it will be because of the SEC (and not wanting two SEC teams in).

I've been saying here all along that if they win the last game they'll make it.

The 30-0 drubbing Ole Miss took by Arkansas was devastating to MSU. I still think OSU will jump them if they win out, but we will see. Personally, I'd rather see TCU, Baylor or MSU in the playoff then OSU.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 30-0 drubbing Ole Miss took by Arkansas was devastating to MSU. I still think OSU will jump them if they win out, but we will see. Personally, I'd rather see TCU, Baylor or MSU in the playoff then OSU.

I guess you could be right, we'll see... but Arkansas is not a bad team - currently right on the fringe of the top 25. And Ole Miss is still in the rankings even with that "drubbing" by Arkansas.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
WHAT IF Alabama loses to the SEC East team in the championship team? Would the committee put in a 1 loss MSU team OVER the SEC champion or would there be a playoff with NO SEC team? :cool::eek:

I'm actually rooting for that just to see what the committee would do.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
WHAT IF Alabama loses to the SEC East team in the championship team? Would the committee put in a 1 loss MSU team OVER the SEC champion or would there be a playoff with NO SEC team? :cool::eek:

I'm actually rooting for that just to see what the committee would do.

I'm not really concerned about Alabama losing to the SEC East team. I'm a big Missouri fan and IF they beat Arkansas first next Friday, I give them no shot at beating Alabama this year. Maybe some of the others are willing to play along.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not really concerned about Alabama losing to the SEC East team. I'm a big Missouri fan and IF they beat Arkansas first next Friday, I give them no shot at beating Alabama this year. Maybe some of the others are willing to play along.

I don't think Missouri has a shot at beating Alabama either. Georgia, however, would have at least an outside shot even with the loss of Gurley. Georgia is actually one of my favorite teams and I've been rooting hard for Missouri to lose over the last few weeks.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think Missouri has a shot at beating Alabama either. Georgia, however, would have at least an outside shot even with the loss of Gurley. Georgia is actually one of my favorite teams and I've been rooting hard for Missouri to lose over the last few weeks.

I think Alabama needs to pay attention to Auburn as well as the SEC East champ.

The "projected" playoff berths are just that "projected" any of the four can be lost.

Bama needs to win out to hold on to the #1 spot, Oregon needs to win the OSU game coming up as well as the PAC 12 Championship Game (looks like #9 UCLA if they can beat Stanford), FSU Needs to get past UF and then beat the Yellow Jackets in the ACC Championship Game and they are certainly in.

I think all three of these teams will win out to get into the playoffs in some sort of 1,2,3 order.

Leaving the most uncertain position 4th -- Mississippi State needs a huge (dominant) win over Ole Miss to retain that spot if Ohio State, Baylor and TCU all win out.

Of course any team is capable of having a bad game - so light em up boys - here we go!

:cheer::cheer:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
What if UCLA beats Oregon and wins the PAC 12, Wisconsin wins the Big 10, Auburn beats Bama and Georgia wins the SEC, and Georgia Tech wins the ACC ?

Mississippi State
UCLA
Baylor
TCU

???

:hysterical::hysterical:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
What if UCLA beats Oregon and wins the PAC 12, Wisconsin wins the Big 10, Auburn beats Bama and Georgia wins the SEC, and Georgia Tech wins the ACC ?

Mississippi State
UCLA
Baylor
TCU

???

:hysterical::hysterical:

Say the over/under for how many of the current Top 4 will actually make the playoff is 2.5. Would you take the over or the under?

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Say the over/under for how many of the current Top 4 will actually make the playoff is 2.5. Would you take the over or the under?

IF there are changes (I don't see more than one), I think it will be TCU/Baylor getting the fourth spot. Ohio State needs for two of the four to bow out, and they'll have to win theirs.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ace has the over. I'll take the under since crazy things always seem to happen in CFB. Anybody else want to play? The betting window will be open until midnight Friday. :D

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ace has the over. I'll take the under since crazy things always seem to happen in CFB. Anybody else want to play? The betting window will be open until midnight Friday. :D

I'd take the under as well. These conference championship games are likely to be as good or better than the playoff games. I think UCLA vs Oregon (provided they both win this weekend) has the potential to be about as good as it gets this year, with 2 of the top QB's in CFB.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
IF there are changes (I don't see more than one), I think it will be TCU/Baylor getting the fourth spot. Ohio State needs for two of the four to bow out, and they'll have to win theirs.

Maybe not. They won and still dropped so anyone ahead of them could do the same. A few losses would be nice up there but big wins coupled with weak wins by the others could move them up.

OSU must knock the snot out of Michigan and do the same in the Big Ten championship game. Then whatever happens, happens.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the current 4 to stay top 4, 7 games need to be won by those 4 teams.

5 games for the next 3 to stay in it.

Be one hell of a 12 game parlay. I cannot see them all winning out but would be a strong statement that the voters got it right a few weeks ago and the teams are playing for real.

Too many loses and I think the decisions get even harder. As 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 18, 15, 16, 17, 19 are or maybe playing a top 7 team. There should be a lot of good games in the next 2 weeks.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
For the current 4 to stay top 4, 7 games need to be won by those 4 teams.

5 games for the next 3 to stay in it.

Be one hell of a 12 game parlay. I cannot see them all winning out but would be a strong statement that the voters got it right a few weeks ago and the teams are playing for real.

Too many loses and I think the decisions get even harder. As 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 18, 15, 16, 17, 19 are or maybe playing a top 7 team. There should be a lot of good games in the next 2 weeks.

I predict that the OSU - Mich game will not be good by most people's standards. I'm expecting a blowout.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I predict that the OSU - Mich game will not be good by most people's standards. I'm expecting a blowout.

Hopefully urban meyer os able to keep his team under control this year.