• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 - present ] Nationwide Transfer: yourtimesharestopshere.com

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get calls all the time from various resellers offering to "buy" my timeshare(s). I know these folks get my name from a list, because they are still calling about a timeshare we haven't owned in over 20 years!

The call ends quickly when I tell them that I love my timeshares and do not want to sell.

A slightly different call came yesterday from Nationwide Transfer. Their first question was whether I like my timeshare - of course I do. They visit different cities for information sessions and help people get rid of their timeshares. I am not a potential client, but wanted to find out more and perhaps offer their info to someone here if it can be of help, especially if it is a scam I want to warn others. I am not calling them a scam yet, just looking for other information.

I went to their website www.yourtimesharestopshere.com Seems that they "say" they get folks out of their timeshare, 100% guaranteed. I know there is an upfront fee :)crash:) but still not sure what they do with the timeshares they help/acquire from folks, or if they are just like all of the others (scam alert!) Basically, their fees seem to go towards resolving the ownership, relieving the buyer from future payments, and getting the obligation finalized. They do not sell timeshares.

Does anyone know about them? I searched on TUG but did not find anything.

thanks.

Last edited:

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did some more digging and found that they are probably just like the many others: charging an upfront fee - which is a big NO NO.

Most likely a scam operation, but if anyone had success in getting out of their obligation, let us know.

The reason I am asking these questions is that I have friends who are always trying to get out their timeshares. They don't really believe me when I give them advice to just give it away, or pay it off and use it, or try to give it back to the resort. As a happy timeshare traveler for many years, I am fortunate to be able to use our resorts and trade where we want to go.

But I am always interesting in keeping abreast of these calls in case I can help someone else.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know there is an upfront fee :)crash:) but still not sure what they do with the timeshares they help/acquire from folks, or if they are just like all of the others (scam alert!) Basically, their fees seem to go towards resolving the ownership, relieving the buyer from future payments, and getting the obligation finalized. They do not sell timeshares.

It sounds like a Post Card Company (PCC) operation. They charge an owner thousands of dollars upfront. Then what usually happens is the PCC gets the owner to sign over a Power of Attorney which authorizes the PCC to do whatever it wants with the TS.

It then lists the TS on E-Bay with a $1 starting bid and hopes that someone buys it, hence, relieving the original owner of ownership.

Others are what we like to call "Viking Ship" operations where they'll take possession and fully relieve the original owner. However, they'll transfer ownership to some dummy corporation, avoid paying MFs, and let the TS go into foreclosure.

But, as you have suggested and we here on TUG encourage, try giving it away or asking the resort if it will take the interval back. It's a lot cheaper that way.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lanny,

You're right. My instincts are on point. I was actually listening to this guy talk and specifically asked him if they sell the timeshares they deal with. NO was his answer.

He might be technically correct since they probably offload them to another entity, and then they appear on ebay.

I am still confused about how an owner can "get out" if they still owe payments or fees. Wouldn't the HOA still demand payment, or put a black mark on the credit report? How does this "save" the original owner by using their services? An owner can get a black mark all on their own by just walking away, right?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
...The reason I am asking these questions is that I have friends who are always trying to get out their timeshares. They don't really believe me when I give them advice to just give it away, or pay it off and use it, or try to give it back to the resort. As a happy timeshare traveler for many years, I am fortunate to be able to use our resorts and trade where we want to go.

But I am always interesting in keeping abreast of these calls in case I can help someone else.

There is little hope for them then. If they won't believe you they probably won't believe us and that is why these companies exist and thrive. Not necessarily a scam if they do what they say they will.

Bill4728

Reaction score
They called twice this past week. So they still out there still trying to get peoples money.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Just called me, and I called the woman a scammer and told her to find a decent way to make a living. I hung up, and she called right back again. Really? Wasting your time on someone who sees through your stupid scam? Stupidity is not how to connive your way into someone's wallet. Leave me alone and keep calling until you find yourself a sucker. :mad:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hung up, and she called right back again. Really? Wasting your time on someone who sees through your stupid scam?

That happened to me a few years ago when I told the caller that he was an upfront fee scammer. He called right back saying, " We seemed to have gotten cut off..." :rolleyes:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and as expected...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reactions: RX8

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great! There's a "judgment" of over half a million dollars, but what enforcement will there be? Will any of theses scammers get jail time? Will they have to pay any fines? Will any of their victims get restitution?

Sadly, we often hear of these "judgments" against these scammers but very little enforcement.

Reactions: RX8

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
10 years in prison, 5+million dollar fine!

hope this catches on! shame it took nearly 10 years!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Two big questions. How much of this 121-month sentence will he actually serve? How much of this $5,000,000 fine will he actually pay?
It’s a federal prison sentence, so it’s 85 percent. On a 10 year sentence they’ll do about 8 and a half years.

Last edited: