• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Digital Membership Card

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a check-in experience at a MVCI property using their MR Digital Membership Card?

The new Marriott mobile apps are nice. I could get all this information in the past via other electronic sources but it’s nice to have it all in one central location.

Now I would just like for them to roll out electronic check-in to other properties. I have tried the electronic check-in process in San Francisco, Atlanta, Washington DC, and a few others. I find the overall experience quick and easy in most cases.

FT

swaits

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've rarely needed to show my MR card, digital or otherwise, at check-in. I do always make certain that that they have the number on the reservation though.

I do use the iOS app regularly to check our points balance and total stays for the year. It works well.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Platinum Premiere with Marriott and have never used my card at check-in in 10+ years.
I have used it for discounts but never at check-in.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Platinum Premiere with Marriott and have never used my card at check-in in 10+ years.
I have used it for discounts but never at check-in.

In certain properties, you can bypass the normal check-in process by using your card or mobile device to automatically check-in.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you get a hard copy or digital membership card?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
FT, can you explain a little bit more? As near as I can figure from what you've posted, you've used an app called "Marriott Rewards Digital Membership Card" to electronically check in to Marriott hotel stays and you're asking if it can also be used to check in to the timeshares?

If that's what you're asking, I'd guess that the app can be used for any cash/MR points stays booked through marriott.com or their telephone lines, including stays at MVCI properties that are booked with cash/MR points.

I'd also guess that the electronic check-in app is tied to the marriott.com system, and thus not usable for Weeks/DC Points stays booked through my-vacationclub.com or their telephone lines. At least, we haven't gotten any notices from my-vacationclub.com email addresses and there's nothing on the website announcing the app's introduction. How did you learn about it?

That's what I get from your post, anyway. Please correct me if it's wrong. :)

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a check-in experience at a MVCI property using their MR Digital Membership Card?

The new Marriott mobile apps are nice. I could get all this information in the past via other electronic sources but it’s nice to have it all in one central location.

Now I would just like for them to roll out electronic check-in to other properties. I have tried the electronic check-in process in San Francisco, Atlanta, Washington DC, and a few others. I find the overall experience quick and easy in most cases.

FT

Is this an iPhone app?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
In certain properties, you can bypass the normal check-in process by using your card or mobile device to automatically check-in.

The one kiosk I used (I normally go to desk to make sure I get upgrade), I only needed my Credit Card.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you get a hard copy or digital membership card?

The Digital card is available when you login on the Marriott mobile app. The mobile app is available on the iOS, Android, and BB platforms. The hardcopy card is mailed every membership year at renewal time.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
FT, can you explain a little bit more? As near as I can figure from what you've posted, you've used an app called "Marriott Rewards Digital Membership Card" to electronically check in to Marriott hotel stays and you're asking if it can also be used to check in to the timeshares?

If that's what you're asking, I'd guess that the app can be used for any cash/MR points stays booked through marriott.com or their telephone lines, including stays at MVCI properties that are booked with cash/MR points.

I'd also guess that the electronic check-in app is tied to the marriott.com system, and thus not usable for Weeks/DC Points stays booked through my-vacationclub.com or their telephone lines. At least, we haven't gotten any notices from my-vacationclub.com email addresses and there's nothing on the website announcing the app's introduction. How did you learn about it?

That's what I get from your post, anyway. Please correct me if it's wrong. :)

Yes, but the property needs to have the kiosk to make this happen automatically.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one kiosk I used (I normally go to desk to make sure I get upgrade), I only needed my Credit Card.

Do you remember what property did you last use this? I have been able to use it most recently at the SF Airport Marriott and the Atlanta Airport Marriott.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)

swaits

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading both links, it looks like it has nothing to do with Marriott timeshares, only Marriott hotels?

Yes.

It pertains to Marriott Rewards, which aren't necessarily completely split from MVCI. For example, stays at MVCI do count toward your annual nights stayed count, and dollars spent there on the Marriott Visa do pay 5x.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a MR member, your digital identity can be used to earn points or miles at MVCI properties.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As a MR member, your digital identity can be used to earn points or miles at MVCI properties.

But isn't your MR account being used for this, digital or not? I just don't understand the purpose of this.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
But isn't your MR account being used for this, digital or not? I just don't understand the purpose of this.

The digital identity facilitates the check-in process where automated check-in kiosks have been deployed.