• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ]Westgate Resorts What's the Scam & What are your Cancellation Success Stories

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
As others have said, cancel IMMEDIATELY. Ask questions later. You can always go back if you really find you want to (but you won't want to). The key here is to do a legal cancellation while the law still allows you to do so.

Follow the instructions carefully and send your cancellation via USPS Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested. Retain the Postmarked green & white receipt the Post Office will provide to you at the time of mailing, and then staple it to the green card when it comes back to you in the mail.

Keep accurate records in order to prove that you cancelled within the correct time frame.

I think most of us hope things go well in the process.

_ombe115

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the detailed insight :)

I sent my letters (4 of them to 4 different addresses) last Thursday, and I asked the person behind the counter at USPS that i wanted them Certified and with a Return Receipt requested.

So...Almost 1 week later and I haven't heard anything from Westgate. And it makes me a little anxious. I don't know if my letters got through or if my recission went through. By the way the contract was signed on Nov 11 so the 10 days would be up by Friday. That's why I'm anxious. I don't want this to be delayed.

So many posts have said that Westgate will try to harass you with calls. I haven't gotten any.

at the post office i filled out two forms: a white and dark green one and then a lighter green form. in return, the postman gave me a copy of the Certified Mail Receipt, but when i tried inputting the number on the side, i don't get results from the page (usps.com).

Since i'm so worried and anxious and just want all this to work, is it worth it to call Westgate to confirm they received my letters??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They don't have to respond, or confirm - they just have to give you your money back, and they have something like 30 or 45 days.

The only important thing is that you MAILED it on time, and you have PROOF of that - and you do.

DO NOT CALL WESTGATE - calling doesn't make any difference, and you are just opening the door to more lies and a lot of heavy pressure to not rescind...

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What Denise said. Relax. Take a deep breath. Sleazy as Watergate is, they won't try any shenanigans after getting a rescission letter that is postmarked within the legal time frame.

It can- and with Wastegate probably will take the full allowable 45 days for you to see the refund. If you put it on a credit card, you may start the formal challenge of the charge. It has to be done in writing.

Jim

_ombe115

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance everyone :)

Yeah, like I mentioned, my personal credit card was not charged as i did not provide that information, but they did open a Mastercard for me so they could put the down payment balance on it, but i cancelled that already, so i guess they'll try to charge to it and find that they can't!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
One more point: If you are having problems verifying the post office confirmation online, just take it back to them and ask for assistance.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent my letters (4 of them to 4 different addresses) last Thursday... <snip>

I'm puzzled how you came up with four different addresses for your cancellation letter regarding a Westgate purchase in Orlando, but I sincerely hope that at least one of them was the only correct address to have been appropriately utilized at all, which is the Westgate corporate offices address in Ocoee, FL.

If you have date stamped USPS proof of postmark within the 10 day FL rescission period, your rescission (cancellation) will be processed. It's the law and Westgate simply has no other choice or option. Period, amen. It also does not matter when they actually receive the letter; the USPS postmark date is all that ultimately matters.

Do yourself a favor and do NOT call them! In fact, don't even answer the phone if / when they attempt to call you in a desperate attempt to salvage their now-disappearing sale and commission. No possible good can result from any such phone conversations, which are legally meaningless and which will not likely yield any useful (...or truthful) information anyhow.

You've done all that you needed to do. Now just stay off the phone on this matter, let the law do its' work for you and be very thankful for your good fortune.

Last edited:

_ombe115

Reaction score
Another post with a similar situation used 4 addresses so i used the same, but found 2 of them in my packet anyway. 2 of the addresses were in Ocoee.

And i finally was able to input the label number from my Certified Receipt on usps.com and all 4 of them delivered! now i can breathe easily :D

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another post with a similar situation used 4 addresses so i used the same, but found 2 of them in my packet anyway. 2 of the addresses were in Ocoee.

And i finally was able to input the label number from my Certified Receipt on usps.com and all 4 of them delivered! now i can breathe easily :D

Now be sure to retain the green return receipt card when it comes back to you in the mail and you should be all set....

_ombe115

Reaction score
i know this is really late but i just wanted to update and say i successfully cancelled my contract!! thanks everyone on here for your patience and advice!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that is awesome !!! A job well done.

_ombe115

Reaction score
Now that is awesome !!! A job well done.

yes, i'm glad it worked out!:cheer:

so what happened after i sent the letters:
  • i received the green slips confirming that my letters had been received
  • i received a letter that basically said: your cancellation will be processed once you return all items within 30 days of this postmark (Nov 30)

so i sent back that ridiculously heavy binder thing and everything it came with. i didn't see anything else from them after that though but i'm just hoping for the best that its successfully cancelled.

what i thought was strange was that i received 0 calls from them after i sent my letters. reading posts on here, i assumed they would be calling all the time but i didn't get any. except i got one call and voicemail from someone who said they were from the cancellation department. i tried calling back just to see if they had something important to say, but no one knew who i was talking about (i mentioned the name left in the voicemail). but soon after this i got the confirmation letter anyway, so it didn't really matter

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need the adress to cancel contrace with westgate??

Is this a new contract still eligible for rescission? If so, the instructions and address are in the contract in the hidden pocket in the back cover of the binder you got. Use the business office address in Ocoee, FL.

If this is for a deed-back as mentioned upthread, you'll have to either call Wastegate or ask one of those posters by clicking on their blue username and emailing them.

Jim